Author Topic: Enter Shikari  (Read 6866 times)

Offline Pete

Re: Enter Shikari
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 01:34:25 am »
What are they then? Suckcore?

Well, I'll admit I was fond of Beast And the Harlot. Most of their other stuff annoys me.
The gerne you're looking for is either metal, or hardrock. (Atleast their new album, ' City of evil ' )

Even though they look totally emo and gay-ish, i still think they are an awesome band who should not be talked down to, as most people do and other people tend to do it aswell to fit in the general, a7x disliking crowd, likely to be yourself.

I really don't like anything else they've done apart from Beast And The Harlot...I've got samples of their earlier stuff (presumably because they're good tracks/singles) and I DESPISE the vocals.

Offline ch3t

• Myspace
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 02:00:43 am »
In my opinion any BATH-era Avenged sucks. The vocals went from a really nice, powerful scream to cocky talking. The songs lost the sense of epicness they had in Waking The fallen and everything seemed to go into the image and marketing rather than the music. It's like their whole thing was that they were cocky, rather than a decent metal band. Sure, the guitars are still nice but I hate that they've gotten rid of the screams.
If anyone gets hold of any old-old-old Avenged, it's really different. Hardcore punk more than anything.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 10:33:52 pm »
Yeah, i've got all the albums, at first they hard these really punk-trashy songs, then went to metal, with more screams, then suddenly, they stopped doing screams, and they actually played songs with screaming, without actually screaming, they sung the parts..

Anyway, I think the whole image of avenged sevenfold is kinda lame, and i do agree that that's the main reason why they're overhyped.

Eventhough, i won't call them 'suckcore'.