7 (23.3%)
They're okay
6 (20%)
Dislike them
3 (10%)
Hate them
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: How do you feel about your siblings?  (Read 5274 times)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
How do you feel about your siblings?
« on: January 13, 2007, 04:25:20 am »
That thread about children and happiness got derailed by Harvey, and I started wondering how people in general felt about their siblings. I love mine, but what do you do?

My curiosity must be sated.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
Re: How do you feel about your siblings?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 05:13:24 am »
Love my sister.

Wouldn't trade her for any amount of sea salt.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 05:37:00 am »
My brother is an asshole sometimes, but I do care for him. Can't say I love him though.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 06:03:17 am »
My bro gets me drugs and booze so...

\o/
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Tokzic

• No, I'm not being serious.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 06:39:18 am »
If my brother wasn't related to me I'd avoid interacting with him because he's an enormous fucking idiot. Example: One time I was playing World of Warcraft and told him I'd be off in ten minutes. Rather than waiting, he threw a hissy fit, flipped the house's power on and off, claimed he didn't do it (even though he admitted it to my mother later), then tried to start a fight with me because he "DIDN'T DO IT HURRRR", but only ended up having his face held to the ground whilst trying to bite my hand and kick me in the balls.

He picked this fight while I was extremely sick, by the way.

but still be nice to family etc. etc. i tolerate him
Quote from: Pepito
I've given up every chance for sex to play video games.

I regret nothing.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 09:10:43 am »
my sister and 2 brothers are both half siblings and ive never lived with them. i talk to my sister every few months, one brother ive spoken to twice, and the other refuses to talk to me since i told him his girlfriend was a stupid whore (he figured it out after she attacked him with a knife).

i dont care for them either way
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 12:28:33 pm »
My sister can be the best sister in the world one moment and then an utter bitch that I detest the next, and I'm sure she feels the same about me. That said, taking things as an average I'd say I care for her (possibly less than she cares for me tbh).

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 01:04:42 pm »
regardless of how you feel about your siblings (i have grown to appreciate my sister), i believe that growing up with someone and learning how to cohabit with people you tend not to always agree with is important.

maybe i should just teach kindergarten.

now we're going to play with blocks! blocks help you learn spatial manipulatory techniques that will serve you throughout your life!

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 01:29:23 pm »
regardless of how you feel about your siblings (i have grown to appreciate my sister), i believe that growing up with someone and learning how to cohabit with people you tend not to always agree with is important.

maybe i should just teach kindergarten.

now we're going to play with blocks! blocks help you learn spatial manipulatory techniques that will serve you throughout your life!

Yes, that is a very good point.

Of course, siblings can be a pain in the ass. My brother almost never is anymore, though, at least not directly (he's even lazier than me when it comes to doing housework, which can wear my mothers patience very thin at times). We have many of the same interests, which probably helps (in fact, most of the time he's been a pain the last 5 years or so has been when he's bothered me trying to make me help him with, say, painting of Warhammer/40k miniatures when I don't have the time for it).
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 03:16:25 pm »
My brother's are ok, although one is irritatingly preachy about religion and is a Linux whore, and the other one, at times, is the most annoying person I know, the rest of the time however, he's fairly sound.

My sister on the other hand, is a complete and utter fucking idiot. Add in the fact that she thinks she can sing and is an indy kid/chav hybrid, I can safely say, I hate the bitch.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 03:29:11 pm »
I love my siblings. I have three brothers and one sister. All of them make me worry sometimes and sometimes they get on my nerves. They have some annoying features but their good feats more than make up with them. They are my relatives who help me whenever I need them. And vice versa. Together we are stronger... And I enjoy being with them. It's always fun to visit and have discussions with them. Or get drunk. They are more than friends to me.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 05:33:29 pm »
My big bro i can deal with pretty well he always have laughs etc.

My little bro is emo as hell and listens to crap like that all the time, playing WoW for like 24/7 and webcamming and shit.

Whenever i DO see him, he always act like a retard and that causes me to act like a asshole towards him ;)

Jusst so my mom doesn't go apeshit, ill ignore him for the most part :D

Lysix

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 05:40:18 pm »
Only got one brother. He's 25, and we're alike in alot of ways but have our fair share of differences. We argued alot when we were younger, but now we get along almost all the time.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 05:41:38 pm »
Wow, the poll results look kinda cool.

Offline ch3t

• Myspace
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 06:00:20 pm »
I have an older brother who's 19. I never really spoke to him until I left school to be honest, but the past 8 months or so have been awesome because he's the best person ever. He always gives me lifts to places because I can't drive yet, and we ride along in his Clio listening to hip hop and making gang signs at people out the window. fun.