Author Topic: Dreams/Nightmares  (Read 14947 times)

sobella_science

Dreams/Nightmares
« on: December 14, 2003, 02:27:12 am »
...express yourselfs - heyheyheyhey...write down your last nights dreams - if you dare. Or use your imagination to make a dream/nightmare come true :o right here right now...

I have a good one but I'll write it down some other time when I have got some sleep....

Good Night ;D and Good Morning :D

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
Re:Dreams/Nightmares
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 01:40:00 am »
I've had strange dreams lately. There is nothing to tell though 'cause they have been so short. Maybe I could see dream that I had three or four nights ago as extended version. It was nice, hot dream...
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 01:58:53 am »
I had a dream a few days back.

I was walking across this big field, all covered in snow. I was following someones bare footsteps towards this big forest of dead birchtrees. When I'm halfway across, big snowflakes start to fall, covering the footsteps as I move closer. After a while, they are all covered, and I'm standing in the middle of the completely white field all alone. I sit down, hugging my knees, and then I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I turn around and look straight into the most beautiful brown eyes i've ever seen. I hear a whisper in my ear that says "Forget", and then I faint.

The next thing I remember, is a shape all dressed in white coming, taking my hand, and leading me back to a big, empty house, and leaving me there.

And then I wake up.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Wintress

• Machinae rocks!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 07:48:24 am »
Are you serious Gaijin? Or are you just pulling my leg? *pull tug pull*

That is one strange dream...maybe I'll try to interpret it for you ;)

My dreams have been full of pain, anger, strife, and inter-personal demons. Some things in my life are unresolved, and until they are resolved, I suppose I won't be having any pleasant dreams.

* Wintress wishes she would have a "hot" dream SOON!
Hmmm...or maybe the real thing eh?  ;)
"You don't have to like flour just because you happen to like buns!"  ;)

Offline Deghar

• ^_^
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 08:07:35 am »
 ;D

I had a dream last night...

It was wednesday, I got a Malibu-bottle from my roomate as a birthday gift, well I drank it, then I set off to the bar with a friend-of-mine-to-whom-I-have-a-crush-on ^_^ (Satu-Maria, <3)

There, we'll, partied, and when I went to get more drinks, someone stabbed her to death.

:o :'(

I often have these future-seeing-dreams, I'm scared that this was another one of those  ???
Uuh... pie?

Offline Wintress

• Machinae rocks!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 08:14:45 am »
I often have these future-seeing-dreams, I'm scared that this was another one of those  ???

I have those also, they're terrible! But this time it's not the real future...just a nightmare. *Hugs*

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 12:12:02 pm »
I was standing in the middle of air, aboce raging sea. Rain kept slashing down, cold against my body. I watched as the sun rose on the horizon...

Damn they are so short nowadays. Maybe I don't sleep enough?

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 01:02:36 pm »
Are you serious Gaijin? Or are you just pulling my leg? *pull tug pull*

That is one strange dream...maybe I'll try to interpret it for you ;)

My dreams have been full of pain, anger, strife, and inter-personal demons. Some things in my life are unresolved, and until they are resolved, I suppose I won't be having any pleasant dreams.

* Wintress wishes she would have a "hot" dream SOON!
Hmmm...or maybe the real thing eh?  ;)

I'm really rather serious, yeah. No leg-tugging here.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

sobella_science

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 01:28:10 pm »
I fly in my dreams very often, it's a very nice and free feeling to do that. I decide where to go and then I go there to explore. It's awesome! :D It's always very positive feelings connected to those dreams. :)

But some other nights ago I had a terrible :o nightmare. It's very rare that I have them, almost never I'd say. I was in a camp, and there where theese huge scaffolds looking a bit like big ladders of wood, but with the sticks in pairs - and they had the funktion (runned by gigant warriors) to squeeze through bodys that got teared apart, and I saw it detailed...the blood, and I heard the screaming....brrrr...I was in sweat when I woke up....and terrified... :o :'(

But last night, my dreams where back to "normal" again *phiuw :P I had this dream; I crossed a lake to build a house and sauna and then I knitted a blue blanket with gold threads in it :) :D  

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 01:36:10 pm »
...and then I knitted a blue blanket with gold threads in it :) :D  
Nice detail.... Colours of swedish flag.

Offline HarmonicDissonance

• "Gather the faithful and propose a toast..."
    • Catharsis
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 02:03:48 pm »
Haha, you guys are having some cool (and weird!) nightmares/dreams!  :D

I often dream that I'm flying or driving a car (even though I don't have a drivers license...)

Hey, now I come to think of an In Flames-lyric:

"I often dream of huge numb buildings
jet-black sinister architecture
being installed when nobody sees
Their appearance so sudden
that few would take notice

And when I wake up
I imagine being crushed by one
imagining its weight its silence
and the absence of excuses for a havoced life
and the privilege of a 22-kilometre tombstone"

- "Jotun", from the album called "Whoracle".  :)
Can't blame the stone for being cold!

Offline Bavi_H

• Robert Hart's Homepage
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2003, 03:20:34 pm »
Dream Fragment Number One

A conversation with a man. I've never seen him before but I identify him as the system administrator for my university internet access.
     "Have you been pinging the DNS server?" he asks.
     "Yes, I see nothing wrong with that," I explain. "Sometimes the connection goes out and I ping the server to see when it comes back."
     He seems a little annoyed. "What you don't understand," he explains, whispering in my ear, "is that everytime you do that it takes twenty fucking minutes to correct the problem!" The last part was screamed in my ear and very disturbing. As I toss and turn to wake up from the dream, I try to tell myself there's really nothing wrong with pinging the DNS server, but in my half-awake state, I'm not entirely sure.

Dream Fragment Number Two

When I sleep on my back, I can sometimes go into a weird breathing-state where I can somewhat control my dreams. In one such controlled dream, I am seeing a flickering sequence of images changing several times a second. Each image is like an abstract artwork with lines, patterns, and regions of color. As the images flicker, I can partially control certain changes in the picture. I try to make peoples' faces, and pretty pleasing patterns.
     Suddenly I hear a girl's voice, "But I can't find it anywhere." Is that my niece? I didn't know she was here.
     Through my eyelids, I can see a shadowy beast enter my room. It starts out looking like a horse, but as it comes closer to my bed it appears smaller in size, like a large dog. Standing next to my bed and hovering over my head, the dog appears to be sniffing for me, perhaps trying to wake me up. I begin to wake from my dream by taking deep breaths. When I return to the reality of my room I look to see if my dog is there, but the room is empty. I listen to see if the girl's voice I heard was real, but all is quiet. I get up and inspect the rooms of the house, but no one is up. Satisfied it was just a dream, I go back to sleep.

Other stuff

Sometimes, when I sleep on my back, I have trouble breathing and waking from dream-state. Once this happened during my first year of college. I tried very hard to call out to my roommate to get him to wake me up. I eventually woke on my own and wondered if I had actually made any noise he could hear. As I thought about it I realized if I had made an audible sound, it must have sounded like I was mumbling his name in my sleep. (Oh my God, what would he think if he heard me mumbling his name in my sleep?!) I was embarrassed at the possibility and I hoped I hadn't actually made a audible sound after all.

Offline Cyrus

• Isn`t he adorable?
    • Airiedayle
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2003, 04:13:37 pm »
Oh my, you surely have odd dreams - but trust me, I can compete. Just take a seat and listen:

My Fucking Future Vision
Yeah, I think I`ve been about 5 to 7 years old when I dreamed this one. You have to know, I lived in a small room with nothing more than a bed, a desk, a char and a faucet in there. In this dream, I woke up and the first thing I saw, was my room, completely on fire. I guess there was not much more than this, but one thing: The faucet(I`m not sure: Is faucet the right word for the thing you can get water out?). I just saw that faucet. I was scared of that dream and told it to my mother the other day. And I *know* that she said she`d dreamed the same dream with  my room burning like hell. And, what happened? Some years later, the neighbour`s kids played with my pc, standing out of my room in the floor. One of them played with an old cooking device or whatever you call it. We all thought that it was out of order, but after they left(so nobody was left in the house) one spark of that device lit my whole floor. But, to make it really strange, the water valve of that faucet I mentioned had been molten and exstinguished the flames in the floor, my room and my sister`s room. I think this was fate. I will never forget that this happened.

This dream was the most important one in my life. But some days ago, I had another strange one.

I dreamed, my family and me were spending our holidays in some hotel far away, don`t know where exactly. The first odd thing that had happened was that my father gave me a gun, keeping one himself with the words: "You never know what can happen." The same night, when we slept all together in one room, a murderer came into the room. And as if I had sensed this before, I was fully awake before he entered. I think my father had been warned because of the red light flashing to show that someone was going to enter the room. But before he could react and shoot the stranger, that person shot him. And after he had shot my father, he saw me, but I already had shot five or six cartridges into his stomach. Some time later, I awoke.

Veryyy strange. O_o
"Life is the amount of damage you can take before you die."

Offline Kanu

• Onni on pieni muna.
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2003, 10:36:09 pm »
I have lots of freaky dreams.. Sometimes I see just things which are something normal day activities like in the breakfest table and my mom is telling me to give him some coffee. And thats it.. but the weird thing comes here, when days go past this thing happens and I remember that dream and evertyhing goes at it was from the dream...

When I was younger I used to have this dream/nightmare where I played this game. The game included a stick and a very huge boulder what was bind in to the stick and my job was to throw this boulder so it would land on the stick and the balls hole went in.. So ths boulder was so big that I couldnt stop throwing it because if I had it would have crushed me and always when I tried to run away I chickened at the end and runned back.. And this could had just went on and on until I wake up..

Couple of times when I am sleeping very heavily I see a dream where everything goes normal but some time at the sleep I fall or trip so I awake like I was shocked...

And I dont even remember all my weirdest dreams...
If you want to be happy for one day, get drunk. If you want to be happy for 3 days, get married. If you want to be happy for 8 days, kill a pig and eat it. If you want to be happy forever, get a balloon.

Offline Wintress

• Machinae rocks!
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2003, 11:24:46 am »
I had a dream a few days back.

I was walking across this big field, all covered in snow. I was following someones bare footsteps towards this big forest of dead birchtrees. When I'm halfway across, big snowflakes start to fall, covering the footsteps as I move closer. After a while, they are all covered, and I'm standing in the middle of the completely white field all alone. I sit down, hugging my knees, and then I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I turn around and look straight into the most beautiful brown eyes i've ever seen. I hear a whisper in my ear that says "Forget", and then I faint.

The next thing I remember, is a shape all dressed in white coming, taking my hand, and leading me back to a big, empty house, and leaving me there.

And then I wake up.

Okay, since your dream was real, and I sometimes mess around with dream interpretation for my friends, I'll give it a go. But...not everything will make sense, at least not when you first read it...sometimes things that seem to be spiritual are more physical, and the opposite is also true. Also, sometimes a dream situation signifies something you're already very aware of, and the dreams can twist it around a bit, or I may get the order of events or circumstances wrong, then again, I may not even come close! And it's up to you to figure out the essense and application of it :)
I do, however, really believe that dreams are an insight into our waking reality, and my being involved in psychology is probably where the analytical part comes in for me.

-----

I think you feel burdened to some point, and that there may be something you would be better off without.
Perhaps you have some things in your life going on, that you are tired of, maybe a change is something that would do you good. You may realize you need a change, even though the changes themselves may be unsettling to think of making. Also, you may have a change occurring that you really don't have control over.
I think that something has happened in your life that's a bit (or a lot) embarassing for you, maybe an embarassing entanglement that you really have/had to work at handling it the right way.
Maybe you are feeling a certain lack of originality or initiative...and this might be because you miss someone, or because that person hasn't been there for you in the way you need.
Perhaps you feel misunderstood or rejected...I don't know by whom, I have a guess, but it would only be a guess, not anything I'm really feeling strongly.
Has someone been gossiping or spreading rumours about you, or have you worried about that?
I think you've been working on "thinking before you speak", because maybe you have said something in haste, and the end result or outcome was not good. Maybe there's been some quarrel or dissatifaction with someone, and maybe they have let you down.
Are you grieving over something or someone?
I think something is changing in your personal life, like did you get good or bad news? Possibly someone new has or is coming into your life, someone you can count on, and/or someone to love. Maybe relief is or has come your way from worrying or stress.
And finally, have you had a probklem confronting an issue or some feelings you have? If so, then bieng aware and acknowleding that issue will help you find peace with it.

Whew! Okay, that's all for now. If you don't want to talk openly here, that's okay. But let me know if I came close?

* Wintress hugs Gaijin :)