Author Topic: Machinae Supremacy and everything regarding the band...  (Read 19574 times)

Offline HarmonicDissonance

• "Gather the faithful and propose a toast..."
    • Catharsis
Machinae Supremacy and everything regarding the band...
« on: December 12, 2003, 02:15:50 pm »
I started listening to Machinae precisely a year ago. My cousin introduced me to the band. I thought that it was a "real" (with real I mean established) band, but now I'm starting to wonder. Is Machinae a demo-band? Is the upcoming album the very first?

For you knowledge and interest:
I really like Machinae, and my favourite songs are The Wired and Winterstorm.  :)
Can't blame the stone for being cold!

Offline Cyrus

• Isn`t he adorable?
    • Airiedayle
Re:Machinae Supremacy and everything regarding the band...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 02:38:07 pm »
You`re right. The upcoming album is the very first of Machinae. And what do you mean with "demo-band"(dunno know this word, I`m sorry)?
"Life is the amount of damage you can take before you die."

Offline HarmonicDissonance

• "Gather the faithful and propose a toast..."
    • Catharsis
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 02:48:21 pm »
Ok, cool!  :)

Hmm... I guess the word only exists in the swedish language. Nothing wrong to try, though.  ;)
With "demo band" I mean a band that hasn't been signed.

What kind of music do you like, except Machinae?
Can't blame the stone for being cold!

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 04:26:12 pm »
I really hope that they never get signed, and that their music is never played on radio.
I want it to be a band that is played only by those who are enlighted by themselves or through a friend.

It would suck to turn this forum into a fourteenis n00b fan place.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline lindarthebard

• I'm a last-all-day guitarist.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 05:22:44 pm »
Oh geez... yeah... I'm all for MaSu getting money and all that for... living.... and getting instruments and stuff... but it would sicken me to see those fucktard teenybopper retards that like Blink182 and those assholes that think that AFI is a good band all sporting MaSu shirts and saying, "I listen to Mah-chih-nah Supremacy all the time! I've listened to them from the VERY start man!" Oh... you don't even know how many would be slaughtered in my wake of fury.
 ;D
owned:electric and acoustic guitar,5 string electric bass,acousic violin,harmonica,electric piano,drums,trumpet. Capable of playing:electric/acoustic guitar,electric/acoustic bass,violin,harmonica,piano,ukulele,mandolin,drums,keyboard,organ,harpsichord,trumpet, generally all brass, keys, and strings

chompy

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 12:32:08 am »
Oh geez... yeah... I'm all for MaSu getting money and all that for... living.... and getting instruments and stuff... but it would sicken me to see those fucktard teenybopper retards that like Blink182 and those assholes that think that AFI is a good band all sporting MaSu shirts and saying, "I listen to Mah-chih-nah Supremacy all the time! I've listened to them from the VERY start man!" Oh... you don't even know how many would be slaughtered in my wake of fury.
 ;D
It would be quite funny to see that. We will have 1000 users in no time spamming they way past us. And acting all newbish and all.

I would like to see MaSu as mainstreme as saw blink 182, even if it attracts the little 14 year old newbs. We can just say we were before it was that cool :D

Offline lindarthebard

• I'm a last-all-day guitarist.
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 02:38:01 am »
I think there should be an audio file included that starts before any actual music plays that says something like, "If you've ever beat anyone up, called somebody a nerd or a geek and meant it as an insult, or made fun of anyone because they are different.... put this CD back in the case... give it to somebody else that isn't a fucktard. If the previous applied to you, then you are a mean ignorant shit and a shallow human being. You don't even understand what our music is about, so don't pretend you like us just to be cool. If none of that applied to you, then welcome to the good music that is Machinae Supremacy fellow non-shitheaded-pop-obsessed-prick. I hope you enjoy our music."
Or atleast something telling those fuckstick teenyboppers to not try to pretend they are cool and listen to music they don't understand.

(btw: is it just me, or is Good Charlette or whatever they're called the epidemy of everything I hate about said shithead-pop-obsessed-pricks?)

Lots of anger here.  ;D
owned:electric and acoustic guitar,5 string electric bass,acousic violin,harmonica,electric piano,drums,trumpet. Capable of playing:electric/acoustic guitar,electric/acoustic bass,violin,harmonica,piano,ukulele,mandolin,drums,keyboard,organ,harpsichord,trumpet, generally all brass, keys, and strings

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 03:54:55 am »
I really hope that they never get signed, and that their music is never played on radio.
I want it to be a band that is played only by those who are enlighted by themselves or through a friend.

*sigh* thats true, although they do deserve the success and we can look back on these times and say "we were there"

and get back stage passes when they play in Belfast, right Robert?  ;)

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 02:15:59 pm »
First there was music. Then came Machinae. Machinae had supremacy over music. Then became Machinae Supremacy. This story, my child, I'm going to tell you about is about love, war and machinae. It's about freedom. It's about misfits who did not belong to this time or place. Finally they had place called home - in Machinae Supremacy Forum.

This story is about time when the Supremacy was existing only digitally in the vast sea of internet. It did reach almost every continent - people from all races and languages. There were fans. They dig the band. They loved the band. Love and peace was with them. Then there was first CD....

How does the story continue? Time will tell, only time will tell. When I'm telling this story to my kids with autographed debut album in my hands I will know too. But I will always remember Machinae Supremacy and I will always remember this forum, what ever shall happen. What we have now, we might lost tomorrow. But what we have in our hearts today - nothing can't steal it away.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 05:10:45 pm »

*sigh* thats true, although they do deserve the success and we can look back on these times and say "we were there"

and get back stage passes when they play in Belfast, right Robert?  ;)

to Trezker: I tottally understand that opinion, really... The mainstream has a way of ruining good things... I'm not sure if it's that so many things are influenced in the wrong way or maybe just that stuff that's unique never really feels quite as special if everyone's into it... Nonetheless, I feel the same way about some things I care about.

Vision: Those who were here, who helped out and helped spread the word in the beginning will never be forgotten. It's now that matters. It's now, and you guys, who make all the difference.

And Gravehill: It's true. Machinae Supremacy was born and raised from the internet underground. Let's see how the story continues... As the album and the merchandise becomes available...

"I am a living, thinking entity that was created in the sea of information. As a sentient life-form, I hereby demand political asylum." /Ghost in The Shell.

"A misfit to this space, no religion, no real place"
/Machinae Supremacy - Player One

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2003, 05:15:45 pm »
(btw: is it just me, or is Good Charlette or whatever they're called the epidemy of everything I hate about said shithead-pop-obsessed-pricks?)

Lots of anger here.  ;D

Hehe, good charlotte is definitely part of an epidemic... "Collage rock" is a warped and perverted form of punk rock made clean and nice so that everyone can listen to it.

Fat Mike says it best... "When did punk rock become so safe?"

Also, bands like Blink 182, whom I believed used to be kinda cool, oppose mp3 / file-sharing etc, which I guess puts them in the Metallica / Dr.Dre camp (the lame camp).

Known to support file-sharing are amongst others Iron Maiden and Smashing Pumpkins. (respect).

---

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2003, 05:21:31 pm »
"A misfit to this space, no religion, no real place"
/Machinae Supremacy - Player One
Strange thing to see those words to your lyrics... People here are so similar yet so different. It's so wonderfull to know that there is some people that feel the same way thou they use slightly different words or can't use words at all. It's all about feeling it. The way things are.

Wonderfull thing here is that even people are disagreeing on something they have enough time and ability to think and to try to see things differently. It's not quite common at these days when only the most noisiest and cockiest are tought to be heard. And still even tiniest whisper can have more power...
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2003, 05:30:53 pm »
"We got some freak potential, but that's just great!"
/Machinae Supremacy - Super Steve

;)

---

Offline Wintress

• Machinae rocks!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2003, 06:44:35 pm »
You said that really well Gravehill and Robert :)

And I agree...bands (and other people) who support file sharing...are the coolest :D
"You don't have to like flour just because you happen to like buns!"  ;)

Offline odin

• The Revolution is coming.
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2003, 08:59:14 pm »
Known to support file-sharing are amongst others Iron Maiden and Smashing Pumpkins. (respect).
Intriguing. Iron Maiden is the one band whose records I'm out to collect -- as a direct result of filesharing. ;)

Well. That and Machinae, but you haven't one out yet. ;D