Author Topic: Our Future  (Read 15465 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: Our Future
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2007, 02:35:52 am »
Like they have many a time before
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2007, 07:46:31 am »
Well, america can go fuck themselves.

You should probably hate the Mongols, the UK, and the USSR, too, because they all invaded Iran before "us".
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2007, 10:50:40 am »
So I think that USA keeps Iran as their main enemy and will attack there next.
If they so much as lay a finger in a hostile manner on Iran
I think that you don't have to wait for long. Decision about sending more troops to Iraq to monitor "internal peace" has already been made. Now we just wait them to settle there and get used to climate and surroundings. After situation is "on balance" and everyone there is accustomed for bigger troops and everything seems alright we wait little longer. At some point there is exchange of troops. At this point all they have to do is concentrate all troops and then attack Iran because they are clear and present danger for national security. At this point Iraq's own police forces and USA's allies can monitor Iraq's internal peace along with private security services. That relieves even more troops to attack. So... I think that you don't have to wait for long. I would say maximum one year, might come sooner, even in some months.

On the other hand, I hope that I'm wrong. All signs point on open conflict's direction thou. We'll see.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Lysix

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2007, 12:36:48 pm »
You should probably hate the Mongols, the UK, and the USSR, too, because they all invaded Iran before "us".

OR, i could just hate the US.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2007, 12:39:57 pm »
The second is an insane leader, who, fearing to lose his power, decides to take everyone else with him as he goes. Only a leader of one of the nuclear powers (USA, Russia, China and maybe France and the UK) would be able to do this.

What about Iran or North Korea?

By "nuclear power" I meant a country with a sizeable amount of nuclear weapons, or the capability of producing such. Only USA and Russia really have a very high amount of warheads. I thought China had as well, but I was wrong. Both France and the UK have more. However, I'm pretty sure China could build a whole lot of nukes, if they wanted to, in a fairly short amount of time, which keeps them on my list. France and the UK, with approximately 350 and 150-200 each, would probably not have enough nukes to create a doomsday sceneario (it might be enough, though, if the bombs were modified and salted with cobalt, a fairly simple process. I am very uncertain on that topic, though). It would make a hell of a show, though.

Of course, any nuclear power, coupled with escalation, might make things scary. However, according to more recent estimates, an all-out nuclear war probably wouldn't be as big a disaster as we all believe. That is, there would still be human life afterwards. And it would survive the following nuclear winter.

This is an interesting article, supposedly quite good a sceneario as to how all-out nuclear war would affect the world. I can't say how realistic it is, but it is an interesting read.

Oh, and just for the record, it is estimated that Norway have the technology to develop a nuclear weapons program in about a year. I might not need my oil for nukes program once I seize power after all.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 12:41:54 pm by Torp »
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2007, 08:57:18 am »
So I think that USA keeps Iran as their main enemy and will attack there next.
If they so much as lay a finger in a hostile manner on Iran
I think that you don't have to wait for long. Decision about sending more troops to Iraq to monitor "internal peace" has already been made. Now we just wait them to settle there and get used to climate and surroundings. After situation is "on balance" and everyone there is accustomed for bigger troops and everything seems alright we wait little longer. At some point there is exchange of troops. At this point all they have to do is concentrate all troops and then attack Iran because they are clear and present danger for national security. At this point Iraq's own police forces and USA's allies can monitor Iraq's internal peace along with private security services. That relieves even more troops to attack. So... I think that you don't have to wait for long. I would say maximum one year, might come sooner, even in some months.

On the other hand, I hope that I'm wrong. All signs point on open conflict's direction thou. We'll see.

Eh, the government won't try anything that drastic. It's a democratic Congress, Rumsfeld is gone, and Bush is trying to keep his popularity ratings above the 20% range. He's on his way out in a year, so he won't leave the military in a position like that.

OR, i could just hate the US.

I suppose you're right. Generalizations are so much easier than putting thought into statements, no?
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2007, 11:00:16 am »
Eh, the government won't try anything that drastic. It's a democratic Congress, Rumsfeld is gone, and Bush is trying to keep his popularity ratings above the 20% range. He's on his way out in a year, so he won't leave the military in a position like that.
Like I said I hope that I'm wrong. Still all signs promise no good. It would not take long time for crise to escalate into open conflict. If republicans are desperate they may take desperate efforts to fix situation. I also liked to point out that USA has already bombed Somalia and attacked other country's consulate. Both actions show that present president does not give a shit to correct political procedures (if it has been unclear to anyone up to now). I would be positively surprised if there is no attack.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2007, 01:58:17 am »
If republicans are desperate they may take desperate efforts to fix situation.

They can't. They have no power anymore. It's not like they're going to stage a violent coup.

I also liked to point out that USA has already bombed Somalia and attacked other country's consulate.

The US has been involved in Somalia since the 1990s. This isn't news.

Both actions show that present president does not give a shit to correct political procedures (if it has been unclear to anyone up to now). I would be positively surprised if there is no attack.

He's not the one that decides these kinds of things. He is an absolute idiot, I know. But I can say pretty surely it's not in his agenda to attack Iran. Like I said, he's more focused on keeping a good image on his way out of office. The people who decide where and what to attack are the military brass; blame them.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2007, 02:11:19 am »
I sincerely hope that you're right.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2007, 02:16:36 am »
I sincerely hope that you're right.

If I'm not, I'll go assassinate the president for you, okay?  :P [/kidding, so don't kill me CIA men. Please.]

The increased amount of soldiers there is supposed to be to relieve the current ones, train the Iraqi defense forces, quash the insurgents, etc. within a half a year to a year's time and then get the hell out. Very few people here enjoy knowing that more and more soldiers are dying everyday. This includes the Democratic Congress. If Bush wants to make a move on Iran, he'll have to go through them first, and they're very unlikely to support something like that, being that they've hated the war since the beginning.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2007, 03:17:22 am »

They can't. They have no power anymore. It's not like they're going to stage a violent coup.

Oh come now. They've defined the political landscape in this country for the past decade. The only reason they're more or less out now is because they lost at their own game, not because we won. They proved the inadequacy of their own ideological nonsense, but unless we can redefine the game instead of trying to make the same crap work out better for us, it'll be back to square one.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2007, 07:34:12 am »

Oh come now. They've defined the political landscape in this country for the past decade. The only reason they're more or less out now is because they lost at their own game, not because we won. They proved the inadequacy of their own ideological nonsense, but unless we can redefine the game instead of trying to make the same crap work out better for us, it'll be back to square one.

I fail to see your point.  :P I didn't say it was permanent. But the democrats have two years to make changes, and after what's happened for the past six, I'm sure they will.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2007, 12:04:11 pm »
The problem, though, is that people don't think very long ahead. Or far back. It has been said that a government can not be blamed for the situation while they're in office. It's the situation in the two terms afterwards that their politics start to have an effect.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2007, 12:36:08 pm »
for some reason i dont see my country causing a nuclear world war 3....
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2007, 02:03:40 pm »
for some reason i dont see my country causing a nuclear world war 3....

I say we start our own war.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."