Author Topic: Our Future  (Read 15466 times)

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
Our Future
« on: January 06, 2007, 06:07:29 am »
I just saw Children of Men http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwsgkurfCjE and now I'm pissed off.  We, as a whole, need to get our act together.  Our world leaders need to start acting RIGHT NOW to stop our world from collapsing.  Inn 2008, America needs to elect a completly radical president who is willing to sacrifice freedoms for the good of the world.  Right now, George Bush has complete control over the country.  The media is afraid to speak against him, and he is getting away with shit nobody else would come close to.  The part that pisses me off the most is that people like me, who want change NOW!!!!, cant do anything about it because all of the fucking right-wing nutjobs would shut us down.
  At first, I felt angry.  Then I felt disgust.  Now i just feel pity and remorse for what we are doing to ourselves.  Americans are unwilling to give up their freedoms like SUV's in order to save the planet.  It's disturbing.  Americans now-a-days don't see the real ideas of freedom that our founding fathers invisioned.  They see freedom as the ability to watch TV when they like and drive oversised cars.  As long as that is the mindset, the government can do whatever they want, and thats exactly whats happening.  Don't get me wrong, I'm speaking about my own country.  We're fucking idiots.  FUCKING IDIOTS, and theres nothing I can do about it.  Please tell me someone else feels the same way.
In Canada cats grow on trees

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re: Our Future
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 06:10:10 am »
I feel exactly the same, but is this another one of those late posts again that you wont remember in the morning? :P

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 06:13:05 am »

"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 07:53:02 am »
Now i just feel pity and remorse for what we are doing to ourselves.  Americans are unwilling to give up their freedoms like SUV's in order to save the planet.

South Park, season 10 episode 2

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 03:59:40 pm »
anger >:( >:( >:(
i havent seen that one.  I don't watch south park that much, ill stop if its on, but i don't set aside time.
In Canada cats grow on trees

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 05:44:51 pm »
anger >:( >:( >:(
i havent seen that one.  I don't watch south park that much, ill stop if its on, but i don't set aside time.

the episode of is about people buying Hybrids.
Stan writes a "gay little song" so people will get rid of their SUVs and buy Hybrids.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 06:07:37 pm »
Hah yeah and then there's a big fog or something etc. don't wanna give story away too much

There's an awesome advert on at the moment in England about gas emissions, ths music is fucking fantastic and also it graphically shows the gas emissions in a number of scenes including one over London, we are fucked
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

MDX

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 09:01:48 pm »
Listen to John Mayer - Waiting on the World to Change

then buy all his music. btw i agree, i look forward to bushes exiting from the chair, fucking bastard.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 12:51:44 am »
RAH

WATCH ME RAIL AGAINST WORLD LEADERS FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN I CAN

AND IT SURE IS A GOOD THING THAT MOVIE CAME OUT BECAUSE OTHERWISE I WOULDNT KNOW WTF IS GOING ON

RIGHT GUYS
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Lysix

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 12:55:48 am »
The world is in a sorry state, yes.
But we've only ourselves to blame. And we, as a race, have been so naive. Why has it only just hit us that our world is being destroyed? Why did we not think of the consequences of our actions?
Well it's happening. Slowly but surely. And I'm fucked off because the current adult generation is doing fuck all to do anything. We're going to be left with the remains of this world. Remains that won't be worth saving.

And I gotta agree with magicman. Some people start claiming all these thoughts on strong matters, but needed a film, an advert or something media controlled to get them to realise.

That's not a good thing.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 12:59:32 am »
Well it's happening. Slowly but surely. And I'm fucked off because the current adult generation is doing fuck all to do anything. We're going to be left with the remains of this world. Remains that won't be worth saving.

I always like The Offspring's Not The One for these moments. It's not necessarily related but it's appropriate in that our generation will be left with this mess to sort out. That, or die.

Offline Sirix

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 01:42:59 am »
RAH

AND IT SURE IS A GOOD THING THAT MOVIE CAME OUT BECAUSE OTHERWISE I WOULDNT KNOW WTF IS GOING ON

RIGHT GUYS

whatever makes people feel good.
if no one talked about it or "railed" against them, then you'd be wondering why the hell not?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 03:11:32 am »
RAH

RIGHT GUYS
wtfpwned

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 11:41:46 am »
Why did the people of easter island think trees would grow back even if they cut down all of them?

Here's an interesting island. It's a country that lived only on phosphate mining, now that there is no more phosphate there are no jobs left. 90% unemployment, 95% of the existing jobs are for the government.
90% of the population is also overweight. They live on a rock island and can't support themselves.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauru
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:45:49 am by Trezker »

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Kobi

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 02:04:04 pm »
I came to the conclusion that humanity as a race is to stupid to help the world about three years ago. It doesen't matter what we do, people that wanna help sometimes gets to carried away that they don't help they cause they want to. And those that are ignorant and devoted to their own groups cause, like rightwing conservatives of any nation are to afraid to loose power and won't see other peoples view. I also left church in the same year. I was raised very in a "good god fashion" but later I realized that did not help me at all in a personal way. It was away for those in powere there to gather followers.

I'd like everyone to watch all the seasons of Penn & Teller's Bullshit. Although the show is based on a humorus way the subjects are quite important and they present them from both angles. They draw their own conclusion but its still quite informative and lets you hear both angles of all the subjects.