Author Topic: Buckethead : What The Fuck ?!  (Read 14258 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: Buckethead : What The Fuck ?!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 05:15:29 am »
Edit2: wow, this song is so beautiful <3

The beginning of that song reminds me of Animal Crossing.

Buckethead is indeed awesome. And his collaborations (Serj Tankian of SOAD, yes please) are just as awesome. I remember watching him play with GnR at the MTV music video awards a loooong time ago and saying 1.) "What the fuck happened to GnR?" and 2.) "Who's the dude with the Bucket?!" My friend invited me to see him in town a couple of months ago, but I got the message on my celly too late. ._. He said it was awesome.

If you can find it, listen to his cover of the theme from the Haunted Mansion ride in Disney World. It's nuts. And somewhere there's a video of him playing the Star Wars theme, and a pirate shanty on his guitar. Same concert as the video you posted earlier of him soloing at the GnR concert.

Not to throw off the conversation too much, but Fallout, if you like the pretty acoustic stuff, I suggest you search for Zakk Wylde's acoustic stuff. For someone wo looks like Captain Caveman, he writes amazing ballads. And he's a great blues player. And he sings at the same time! If the southern US can do something right, it's make really pretty ballads.  ;)

New song, "Spoke in the Wheel," played at a local radio station.  ;D Probably my favorite.

Old song, "Dead as Yesterday," from some kind of Japanese video. I <3 twelve string guitars.

Old song, "Machinegun Man," played on the old Headbangers' Ball on MTV. A little more upbeat (still sad/bittersweet lyrics, though).

There needs to be some kind of guitar players fantasy camp to be able to get instructed by these guys. ._.

That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 06:09:07 pm »
He played Star Wars when i seen GnR. It was pretty awesome.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2007, 06:27:47 pm »
He played Star Wars when i seen GnR. It was pretty awesome.

Yeah, I have a recording of that :D

Thanks for all the suggestions Harvey, he's damn good at acoustic - shame he cant sing for shit though ;)

np: Buckethead - We Are One "Buckethead & Friends - Enter The Chicken"

DO YOU KNOWWWW? THAT WE ARE OOOOOOONE!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 12:03:58 am by Fallout »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 10:34:00 pm »
The song 'Big Sur Moon' is really awesome!

Offline tracer

• Trust no one. Question Everything.
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 06:00:36 pm »
Yeah, I've been listening to Buckethead for some years now, brilliant. I used to think it was Paul Gibson dressed up.
"The more power you think you have, the more quickly it slips from your grasp."

Offline Blackiris

• Class Alpha Mnemonicide
    • My Blog
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 12:06:18 pm »
Buckethead : What The Fuck ?! Indeed...

Although I can say that he's anything but bad at playing guitar (Jordan, and that Graveyard...something) it's kinda bad that he actually turned down band opportunities just to keep his "Bucket" or whatever he's trying to pull :<

Then again, I look at Buckethead play and say wow, but then I see Michael Angelo Batio... :o

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2007, 02:25:09 pm »
Buckethead was ranked higher in the top shredders of all time than batio, i think.
 ;)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2007, 06:52:03 pm »
Buckethead was ranked higher in the top shredders of all time than batio, i think.
 ;)

Rightly so, at least he's more interesting to watch. :P
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.