Author Topic: MaSu in Guitar Hero  (Read 7568 times)

Offline cloudstrifex

MaSu in Guitar Hero
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:36:22 am »
Yeah so I made a post on the GH forum about MaSu and I've actually had a few replies. I provided Fury for them to listen to because I think that would be the perfect song in GH (Thank you lysix by the way :)). So anyway I'd rather not have the topic die just yet since they get moved down the page really fast since it's such a huge community. So for those who play GH it'd be really helpful if you helped keep the topic going please, and then just maybe we can see our favorite band in GHIII. :)

Here's the link: http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=12304

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
Re: MaSu in Guitar Hero
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:58:59 am »
Why is this in random?

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 02:24:34 pm »
Thank you gravehill  ;D
Much karma to you.

I vote Apex ultimaa in guitar hero !

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:51:50 pm »
Remember way back when, they had a competition for unsigned bands to get in guitar hero, but you had to be American?

does this mean that now Machinae are signed theyre allowed to be in it? Would the dodgy GH cover band have to rerecord the track?

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 06:29:31 pm »
Access Denied
You tried to enter a area where you didn't have access.
Continue...

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 07:47:34 pm »
Remember way back when, they had a competition for unsigned bands to get in guitar hero, but you had to be American?

does this mean that now Machinae are signed theyre allowed to be in it? Would the dodgy GH cover band have to rerecord the track?

dodgy?
I find the covers of the songs are often-times better than the originals.
mostly because the instruments are pumped up and the vocals are toned down... and I'd rather hear the guitar than the vocals in a lot of those songs anyway.

and chances are Machinae Supremacy would make it into the bonus track list if at all.. in which case they'd record it themselves.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 03:29:59 am »

Maybe, or maybe they'll let the band rerecord it. If you can't view it, you should just register in the GH forum and look in the GHIII song list forum for the thread.

Offline Warrior Bob

• Rock.
    • The Fighting dot org
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 12:12:34 am »
So I posted in that thread in the GH forums before I ever saw this thread.  What are the chances, eh? :)

The only reason they have the cover band (WaveGroup I believe) doing covers is because getting the rights to original track-separated recordings is ludicrously expensive, if at all possible, since many recordings only have the final mixdown preserved, particularly older ones.  Guitar Hero requires a separate guitar track due to the nature of the game, and if a band were to donate one or make it cheap enough, they'd be happy to include it.  I believe Primus and Jane's Addiction donated their originals for Guitar Hero 2, and Machinae could do the same.  It'd be fantastic advertising and their music is aimed at the same crowd Guitar Hero is.

Offline Ayeron

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 03:32:27 pm »
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D now I really wanna get Guitar Hero

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 03:18:12 am »
I think you read it wrong....I'm trying to get them in the game. :P

Offline Tokzic

• No, I'm not being serious.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 11:49:14 pm »
what about empire

da na na
da na na
da na na
da na na
da na na
da na na
da na na
24thz

repeat thirty times or so

it would be awesome
Quote from: Pepito
I've given up every chance for sex to play video games.

I regret nothing.

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 01:27:43 pm »
Why wait for GH3 when you can put Machinae songs into your existing Guitar Hero 2? Well, provided you have a DVD burner and a PS2 capable of playing burned stuff.

Here's a nifty guide that explains how it's done. There's already a pretty big list of custom songs that people have already made. Now we just need someone to make some for Machinae Supermacy!

Offline Otisbum

• Prof-Pic by: Dimruthien
    • Sputnik Music Account Page
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 09:37:22 pm »
I was just thinking about this the other day, only with either Dreadnaught or Attack Music (haven't heard anything off of Redeemer).

Offline Rikku

• We love you =)
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 03:27:59 pm »
Why wait for GH3 when you can put Machinae songs into your existing Guitar Hero 2? Well, provided you have a DVD burner and a PS2 capable of playing burned stuff.

Here's a nifty guide that explains how it's done. There's already a pretty big list of custom songs that people have already made. Now we just need someone to make some for Machinae Supermacy!

Yeah, amazing, but it still looks a bit complicated, and like you said, we got no Machinae files to put in. And it'll be avalaible only for the one who got a modded PS2 and has done all the stuff.

I believe, if Guitar Hero continues with his great success all around the world, that Machinae should be able to get at least one track in game. And I said in another topic, their music aims perfectly the gameplay of GH. Sometimes when playing I easily imagine that or that Machinae song in the playlist.

But I got infos that Guitar Hero III (still on PS2) will be 80's music style only. I don't have names, tracks or artist to list, but that's what people say around internet.

Looks like there'll be one version for Xbox360 with bonus tracks to download on XboxLive too...

If there was a way right now, to introduce Machinae to the guys of Harmonix and GH staff......  ::)

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 04:03:41 pm »
Yes you're right about GHIII. It's called like 80s groove or something. And my friend made a sim for Hybrid on Freetar Hero. I think he did one for Bouff too. Plus there is this guy's. Too bad if you read the comments he was making it until the topic died down and he just stopped half way. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB0LQdUKIE8