Author Topic: The Trip aka the mini tour aka the gigs  (Read 4478 times)

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
The Trip aka the mini tour aka the gigs
« on: January 01, 2007, 08:59:56 pm »
Well as I was in the crew and with the band i decided to write a little diary about of the last 4 days from my point of view

4 days, 1430km, 2 gigs, 1 band, 1 crazy mixer, 1 SOBER mumppis, 14h sleep, 1 KINKY birthday present

the rest comes this week tired now after 3 nights of pretty much not sleeping and just doing alot of stuff behind the scenes.

Friday 29.12.2006

Well I didnt know that guys where coming to finland allready friday. I was kinda suprised when I called rob saying they are in finland allready and asked which way they are driving after hearing the route. I decided to stear them to my hometown seinäjoki to shorten the length of trip little bit. Well after about 10 phonecalls and 2 persons giving directions the guys arrived there and we could go and eat. Then at seinäjoki ABC where we ate a guy came to talk to rob someone from IRC i think and said "I know you!". That was in my point kinda funny to know that somebody in that hillbilly town knew masu.

Well after we ate then we started to drive towards Tampere. The weather as always was shit and you could see about 30meters front of you. Well about 1am we arrived at Rancids place in hervanta. Well i was stupid and called dibs on the kitchen floor but then again I'm mumppis. Well we just chilled and stuff then saw Rancids roommate play "In The Groove" man he is fucking fast on that game. Well then we went to bed and slept over the night.

Well that was pretty much friday. Well i took all the dirty jokes away ;)

Saturday 30.12.2006

The first gig day. Well it started the usual way somebody almost walking over me and waking me up. Well after few seconds of staring and getting some clothes on i decided to go hunt breakfast stuff for the band and for myself. After shopping some food and returning to the apartment I found that few where allready up and some sleeping. Well i ate something and started to play Cannon Fodder and other old games. Morning went and we started to get our gear ready for the gig.

We packed the cars and drove to the center of the city. After getting to the city the guys wanted to visit a store to get some beverages for the gig. After that i called our mixer and asked where the fuck Inferno was and after driving for a while we found it. Well we threw our equipment and other stuff in and then we went to eat some lunch/dinner and had a beer.

Then again I called our mixer if we can come and do the soundcheck. Well we went to Inferno and then I started to talk with our mixer (Socramon). Well Medeia (warm up band) came with the amps, drums etc. And after setting up the band could start the soundcheck. They played Attack Music and Rogue for the check songs atleast. Well after that we started to chill and stuff and we to backstage and well pretty much did what everyone wanted.

Well about 30mins the gig it seemed everything went straight to hell our mixer had an accident and he was laying down in the toilet floor blood all over the floor and i thought well you know what. He was like "no hospital" but then we decided to take him to the hospital it was quite close and we had 30mins time. At the hospital they told us that his finger aint broken and stuff which was very good. Well they fixed his finger and then we went to back to inferno wit 3 mins to spare. Well the gig started about 8mins late there was somekind of a confusion. The place was packed full and what i heard it was the first time after the opening night. It was very awesome people where singing very loudly and everyone seemed to have fun and good time. Masu played 11 songs and it was the first time gordon was playing guitar and no synths and using the ipod to play the sids. Oh yeah also Rob after few songs started a small speach honour or maniac mixer after getting his finger molested by a bathroom door. Also rob said one thing that I'll never forger "I know the mumppis". Well was the best masu gig so far I ever been the crowd was just so freaking amazing. Well after the gig the band chilled with fans signed autographs and the usual stuff that bands usually do. Then later we started to roudie our stuff back to the cars and went to sleep because of the gig in oulu later that day.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 04:54:22 pm by mumppis »

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re: The Trip aka the mini tour aka the gigs
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 09:37:23 pm »
:D

Should be fun to read.

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 09:38:06 pm »
Moar of this KINKY birthday present?

Yeah, and take some coffee and post it :P
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 11:27:06 pm »
4 days, 1430km, 2 gigs, 1 band, 1 crazy mixer, 1 SOBER mumppis, 14h sleep, 1 KINKY birthday present

That was indeed the littlest diary known to man.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 04:07:44 am »
dear diary,
i saw mumppis's ass today. i want to kill myself D:
love me.

:D
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 08:39:11 am »
oh you havent seen anything

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 02:43:34 pm »
oh you havent seen anything

...and thank God for that ;)

now, back on topic: DIARY DAMNIT!
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 02:43:57 am »
Awesome !  8)

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 07:09:39 pm »
sorry not updating this for a while but ive been very very very tired and stuff. well more like lazy to write it. well more like tired i havent had time to sleep and blargh, but tomorrow ill try to finish the whole thing

Offline Gyokuro

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 01:10:06 am »
Awesome text!
Shame that I couldn't be there to see the band. :/

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 04:42:50 pm »
Yeah, awesome stuff. What the hell happened to the mixer anyway? :D

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 03:28:18 am »
ah... to contribute to the band in such a way.
I appreciate you Mumppis.
I APPRECIATE YOU

and furthermore
Then at seinäjoki ABC where we ate a guy

lawl

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 04:02:26 am »
Then at seinäjoki ABC where we ate a guy
lawl
Well i ate something and started to play Cannon Fodder and other old games