Author Topic: Weird dreams...  (Read 69791 times)

Lysix

Re: Weird dreams...
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2007, 09:51:05 pm »
Yeah. Even if I did wake up in the morning I wouldnt have the time to write out my damn dreams anyway.

Just write it down in shorthand or something, then when you come back to it you might recall?

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2007, 09:53:37 pm »
Yeah. Even if I did wake up in the morning I wouldnt have the time to write out my damn dreams anyway.

Just write it down in shorthand or something, then when you come back to it you might recall?

When I wake up at 6 in the morning to go to work I cant hold a cup of coffee steady, nevermind a pen. :P

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2007, 10:55:40 pm »
My notes on a recent dream:

Royal mansion. Two siblings, a girl and a boy. First, I'm the girl. I walk around among servants and I don't really like all of it; the pomp. I obtain a feather. A servant tells me how valuable and precious feathers are. Even though that feather is real ugly. In fact, even for me it would mean death to displace that feather. So what do I do? I walk out of the mansion, up onto a hill and a path that leads to a forest, and there I let the feather go, at the very same moment that I walk into the forest, never intending to return.
Then I take on the role as the boy. He's younger, and really into the royal stuff. He's walking around, thinking very highly of himself, thinking of how he can exploit others. He walks to a sort of gambling room where lots of pretty girls are gambling and eating chocolates. I take some chocolates, even though they kind of feel that I'm too young to eat them. The chocolates are huge. The boy gains a fancy for some really hot chick there. She's too old for him, but he's a royal prick, so he doesn't care, and he wants her to be part of his harem. So he's sitting around this table where they're gambling, and he kind of gets to do a menu choice, like an RPG, on whether or not he's going to ask her aloud to become part of his harem. He chooses no, because it would probably kill the festive mood. Then this other guy in a clown costume starts making out with the chick. The boy is enraged and disappointed in his loss. Then all of a sudden, on some kind of instinctive reflex, he starts kissing the nearest neck, in some sort of belief that he's actually kissing the hot chick. Of course, it's not, and it turns out to be this other girl who's all "WTF", but then he hastily requests her to be part of his harem, and she has no right to deny a royal dude. She seems to have gained an affection for him, though. They walk away from the gambling table. And slowly, they start to become an actual couple, holding hands and being all cute.
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2007, 12:21:10 am »
a recent dream
Interesting dream...

I have sometimes wondered how other people's dreams can be so... familiar is not the right word but it might come closest. What I mean is : sometimes it happens that you hear other people's dream and think that "I know the feeling of this dream". It's not what actually happens, it's not the characters but it's the "air" of the dream. Certain atmosphere, certain feelings or something.

Like that feather and girl... Although you mostly wrote about boy those details had most impact on me. I recall I have seen similar dreams at past, or to be more precise dreams with similar "air". Or your dream woke memory of those dreams in me.

Well... Cool dreams, anyway.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2007, 12:44:57 am »
10.30pm, I just woke up now, so this is my writing down of it, and had quite a fucked up dream as always

I don't remember it all but some bits do stand out quite well so here it goes: Shaun (Fallout) and I were working within the Calgon company and different levels of management. When i came up with an idea concerning Shaun's area he worked in, he thought it was a good idea but maybe too risky and told me that i'd have to make it happen on my own. So i worked through the days 24/7 without sleep juggling between my job and this idea, when eventually i came to a result (by the way i don't remember the idea surprisingly). After presenting the finished product to Shaun he almost peed his pants and brought it straight to the CEO of Calgon who thought it was outstanding and executed this plan immediately. Cutting a very long story a bit shorter, Shaun made so much money from it he didn't have to worry about money anymore, and didn't share a penny with me.

Bastard Shaun :(

Also, there was a love interest at some point, but it was my old, scrawny Religion teacher or someone who at least looked like her. She kept sending me flirty instant messages through Wikipedia (the article was about Shaun and his success and me who was left as (some really long job title i can't remember))
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2007, 01:08:19 am »
I have sometimes wondered how other people's dreams can be so... familiar is not the right word but it might come closest. What I mean is : sometimes it happens that you hear other people's dream and think that "I know the feeling of this dream". It's not what actually happens, it's not the characters but it's the "air" of the dream. Certain atmosphere, certain feelings or something.

Like that feather and girl... Although you mostly wrote about boy those details had most impact on me. I recall I have seen similar dreams at past, or to be more precise dreams with similar "air". Or your dream woke memory of those dreams in me.

That's very interesting. I've believed that the air of a dream is something very personal and specific, but I guess we must all share the same spectre of feelings, so it should be possible for two people to share the same feeling for the same thing. Even so, I'd kind of concluded that the causes of feelings are so fluctuating and variant from person to person that this is near impossible. Especially concerning dreams, since they're going on in our subconsciousnesses. For me, at least, dreams are the #1 source of unique and new feelings and atmospheres, and I'd never usually believe that anyone could feel the same way that I've felt about them.

But perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps dreams are in fact more basic than waking thoughts. Perhaps because we're not conscious during them, they're constructed by "pure", basic feelings, and are thus very easy to read and understand, even feel. That's most interesting indeed.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2007, 02:38:36 am »
For me that feather and girl (on the hill) reminded one dream about grave on the hill with large granite stone over it. It was late autumn. It was raining and raindrops kept falling to the stone over the grave. I remember that I thought about whether the person who was buried under that stone would hear the sound of the raindrops on his grave... Wind kept chasing leaves on the air and I thought how lost those leaves are, going where the wind chooses to move them. At the same time they are so free on their own way... That same sadness, resolution and freedom was something that I picked up from your dream. Person in the grave, sealed in with large stone - girl in the mansion, sealed in with tradition. Leaves chained on the wind - feathers sealed to the rich people. All of them imprisoned by circumstances. Person in the grave - not lost but imprisoned in time and place. Girl - escapes to the wilderness, to the freedom from the living grave she lives in. Feather set free by the girl, flying away. Leaves flying in the air, free by nature. Girl, person in the grave, leaves, feathers - all of them are symbols of life, of human. Girl in the dream presented you, person in the grave, that was me. Leaves and feathers... They are other people, other lives. That's how I see it from my point of view. Every human (life) is valuable and precious, even when it's ugly. That's how I see it.

About my own dream... I've always thought that person in the grave, that crusader was me. Thinking heavy, seeing my own prison, my destiny around me - how silent and stay our lives are... Or I could be like leaf flying around in the sky, driven by the moment, by the madness and random winds. Doesn't the dead envy the living and doesn't him who is chained by stone envy those who are light and flying free? Yeah... It was beautiful dream I saw alright. There's no prison or grave but inside our mind... Sometimes I feel that I'm imprisoned in wrong era or something similar. Although feeling that way is quite natural I've come to conclusion that I'm only imprisoned in my mind. Being prisoner or slave is state of mind. When I realized that my life became lot easier.

BTW I saw that dream December 20th-21st 2003 AD. And I still remember it like it was yesterday. I did not get it's meaning at that point thou, only much later (when I had some similar dream but slightly altered).

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2007, 04:13:16 am »
That's a great dream. And yeah, I see what you mean. I've long seen it as an important thing to break free from habit and old ways of thinking, and I'm feeling held back by the human society that I've never really approved of. I just want to fly away, or run into the forest, symbolically and literally, and lead a happy life my own way. But the human world restrains me, demands that I act appropriately. I want to escape it and I want to defy it. Just like the girl did.

And then I know that in fact I'm the only one restraining myself. The society urges, but I need not follow. I can go my own way, but my instinctive scepticism of change locks me in place until I act drastically to change things. Because it is by all means possible. I need only open my mind and let go of unnecessary thoughts and habits. It's not easy. But I always try. I don't want to become the girl in the mansion, or the man in the grave. No, I must always remember and try to dance on the wind, or I would lose my soul.

Yet, when it comes to the air of the dream, what you describe in yours is not the same as my dream. My dream had no sadness. The girl was resolute and without doubt. It was also spring, and nature was in full bloom. Walking into the forest meant happiness and self-realization. It was something that was always meant to be, and she was without doubt, and without taint from the life she left. The scene felt thrilling, almost with a faint whiff of love, for the life she had just chosen. It was also relaxing, as if letting go of the feather simply removed all the pent-up tension from living a life she didn't want. All in all, it was a deus ex machina, a very optimistic event, as far as I can recall.

Offline Smogelore

• Too Drunk To FSCK
« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2007, 11:12:47 am »
i saw a dream in where i was walking on the streets of some unkown city and found a cellfone that rang loud as hell. so i picked it up and thought should i answer the call or not, then i suddenly had an idea of bringing it to police station and getting a nice reward for doing so.
i began walking across the street and woke up
HAY!!! who stole my avatar... again...

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2007, 01:31:24 pm »
Yet, when it comes to the air of the dream, what you describe in yours is not the same as my dream.
Hmmm... Interesting. Although basic idea behind symbols were same air was not. I think it had to have something to do with life situation, I guess. Year 2003 was bitch to me and I was struggling with lots of difficult things in my life (losses and stuff). I think that general mood of my life was mirrored in my dream... Sometimes new beginnings are funerals of former ones. We had similar thread as this on "old forum" and I told that dream there. I checked and my exact words of my dream were "My dream was filled with harmony. And sence of loss, too. Great dream it was." (note my grammar :D... and "sence"... LOL).

Anyways, there's something similar in dreams - both in symbolic level and that "harmony" part... But there's some differences as well. Which is good. Seeing exactly same dreams as others would be... too weird. Anyways, dreams are great.

BTW... Does anyone else have some certain same person that visits dreams every now and then? I have one black haired young woman that once in year or couple visits my dreams. Been that way for almost 20 years. I don't know her, her name remains mystery but it's always same girl, same face and same personality. It's like feminine version of me, my own succubus :D. Funny.

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2007, 04:42:57 pm »
I guess we dreamt about pretty much the same issue, but perhaps with different attitudes and experiences surrounding it. The same outlines, but with different coloring. After all, all the coloring is made in your mind, so that shouldn't be a problem. :)

Anyway, here's my birthday dream:

I'm a warrior, of the icy-north type. Some Warcraft connotations, yet at the same time not. We're attacking a huge city somehow; we're taking over all the outposts around it, and while that happens, all the great lords of the city communicate with us regarding their surrender. They're not very cooperative. But then things change. We're attacking the inside of their city, and then all of a sudden, I switch sides (and become blue). I cast a magic spell, and two of my evil henchmen turn into their good counterparts. This other hero type who was with me, looks like a Tauren, must've known that would happen, but he's not all that willing to change, too. Also, there's a girl. Apparently she's the very reason I ventured there. I was going to marry her. That is, I wasn't the only one who could - me and Alexander the Great had both been given the opportunity, since we were both great and powerful warriors. But he was late, and she didn't really like him anyway, so everyone was happy (except Alexander, probably).

Later, I'm back from all the battling. I'm inside the nearest grocery store, being stressed. One of my lecturers is the manager of the store, and he's a nice guy, so he sees my distress and gives me a choice; a big glass of some soda or something, or "a glass of whisky and an aspirin". I look at him and tell him I'm got lots of exams coming up and I've spent the whole day reading, so he says "whisky and aspirin it is". He gets it, gives it to me and tells me to go and sit in a box of laundry in the storage room, as I always do. So I do so. Somehow it doesn't seem all that funny to me that I've just recieved a glass of whisky, something I'd never drink normally, and I've got all the plans in the world to finish it and take the aspirin (which I'd never take normally). I manage to take a couple of sips of the whisky before I wake up.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2007, 07:23:55 pm »
I had a dream once, that my whole town was ovverrun by monster like creatures, they were immune to bullets and shit so we had to fight them with swords and stuff, it was so awesome.

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2007, 11:15:13 pm »
Didja win?
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2007, 01:38:14 pm »
My town was overrun in my last night's dream, too. Except it wasn't monster like creatures, but living toys.

The dream started with me having breakfast with my parents, when we were interrupted by some weird noises coming from my little sister's room. We went in and found a mass of barbies having sex on the floor and her trying to separate them  since she didn't want another baby born doll. Our dog ran in and started ripping the barbies to pieces, and after a few couples had been reduced to shreds, the rest of them quickly retreated under the bookshelves.

For some reason, I decided to rush upstairs to my room at this point. I quickly grabbed my longsword, bow, and a few quivers full of arrows, and went out of the window onto the roof of our first floor. There was an all-out war going on outside. A squadron of fighter planes rocketed over me in pursuit of a giant radio-controlled flying saucer, which was shooting laser beams back at them, and some paratroopers were trapped in the nearby playground by a horde of human-sized plastic army men. I shot the two officer-type army men leading the group with my bow, and quickly descended from the roof to the other side of a corner when the rest of them turned and opened fire at my direction.

I wandered through the fighting around the town for a while, and soon found myself at the Turku Cathedral. I entered and ran up the stairs leading to the bell tower. I met a black-and-silver dragon I was friends with at the top, and she agreed to transport me to the Turku Castle. We took off through the window. When we got closer to the castle, I could see it was being assaulted by an army of human-sized lego knights, complete with lego catapults and trebuchets. They had a lot of archers, too, but they were using the bows as melee-weapons since their arrows were fixed together with the bows. There were also a bunch of lego wizards who were, apparently, the reason for all of the toys being so large. The castle was a medieval castle, not the unsuitable for battle Renaissance version it really is. The dragon didn't want to attack the legoes, since the smell of burning plastic got on her nerves and she didn't fancy it's taste either, so she only dropped me off on the courtyard.

The castle was full of people fletching arrows, making chainmail, and stuff like that. Markku Vilppola, the cutler from the Kurala Village of Living History, was busy making weapons in a corner. There wasn't a lot of actual warriors in there, though: only the members of the Turku branch of the School of European Swordsmanship, the Guild of Armoursmiths of Turku, and Karl Knutson's Archers. I joined them on the walls, and that's when I woke up.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2007, 06:17:27 pm »
Cool dream. Barbie sex, toy soldiers and Lego knights. When I hear about dream like that it would be nice to see it from DVD or something... :D