Author Topic: Weird dreams...  (Read 65926 times)

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
Re: Weird dreams...
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 12:05:02 am »
Ah, the dreams which you can control yourself. They are really great, and I usually get a lot of them, or I got  a lot of them when I were arsed to write dream diary last summer. The dream diary thing goes that when you wake up, you write down about your dream, and next time you are going to sleep you read and try to remember those dreams and think about that you are going to have a dream you can control. Then off to sleep you go, and hopefully "wake up" in a dream you can control yourself :P. And when you feel that you are going to wake up, just roll on the ground, rub your hands together or something physical like that.

So, anyways.

Usually when I had those dreams I were flying around and visiting nice place, I especially liked being on a pure-white sand beach with some good looking girls with those hawaiian things. Actually I still use that dream when I'm relaxing my mind, body and soul, its really great for that thing.

When I were younger I used to have nightmares every now and then, and the nightmare was always the same nightmare. In this nightmare what happened wasn't that specific, but the thing I remember was the feeling of being pushed/pulled through a really small hole in the ground to the other side of the world. The feeling still makes me shudder  :-\. Usually the dream also stopped in the same spot and I woke up, wandered around a while awake and then maybe got back to sleep.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline Trias

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 12:38:21 am »
Now I'm going to pull a Gravehill. Get yourself some milk and cookies. Or skip it. Well, at least you, Gravehill, have to read it, you owe me that  :P

I hate it when I become lucid, but don't get enough time to actually do anything fun.

Yeah, that can be frustrating. I think in the last years it didn't happen often to me, though, being aware of dreaming, then waking up despite I wanted to do something... important... often related to sex  :P Actually, it now sometimes happens that I deliberately hold myself back in dreams because I don't want to stain my bed linen  ;D

More about my dreams:

1. I'm often able to fly in my dreams. It's not so much of being totally free and unconfined, but instead it requires quite some mental concentration to do it. I think I sometimes do it to surprise or impress people in my dreams, though that usually doesn't work  :P

2. I remember as a kid I could sometimes wake up from bad dreams by pulling up my eye lids (in the dream, that is). However, such things don't always work. Mean dreams are those where I think I woke up while in reality I am still dreaming for something bad to happen again...

3. The nicest dreams usually involve meeting girls.. not related to sex but rather to falling in love, flirting, some kissing, and the like, all in a realistic manner. Such a dream can make me feel content for the rest of the day  :).

I remember (the end of) a dream where I was standing next to a cute girl.

I said "So, what's next?".
She, in an only partly successful attempt of being witty, answered: "Well, to your place or to my place?"
I, aware of what happened, replied: "I wish you weren't only a dream"

That left me in some melancholy for some time after getting up.

4. Finally, here comes a long, fancy and unique one: I was in my flat. The dream had gone on for some time already, but I only remember it from the point I got aware that I was dreaming. So what happened then was quite different from what usually happened in such a situation (read: find a random female being and have sex with her). Instead, I was thinking something like "wow, I am dreaming, let's just go out and explore my dream world." So the events after that weren't necessarily all special by themselves, but rather because of the continuous feeling of euphoria that I experienced while I was walking through 'my world'.

So, I was in my flat, stepped out of my window (which is in the 4th floor.. remember, I can fly), and hovered gently to the ground, and walked down the street. At the end I came to a huge silvery lake under a grey sky. Along the shore were magnificent stone buildings lined with pillars made from marble. All the time I was fascinated by 'my' city. On the other side of the lake I reached some sort of concert hall, where people wearing evening dresses gathered in the entrance hall. A small group of women and men were sitting on stools close to me, and by talking to them I somehow found out that they were, like me, dream walkers.

However, something was special about me - I guess that it was my world. So to show them I walked out the hall... the lake was now surrounded by massive buildings of concrete... and then I raised up into the air... pierced through the clouds... and then, hovering over the white mist, which stretched until the horizon, I cast up my hands, directing the buildings beneath the clouds to turn into giant sky scrapers, and the day suddenly turned into dark, so that the towers around me stood glaring in the night...

Then on my way home, while in the pub in which (of course) the entry to my flat was located, I met someone I mistook for Mick Jagger, which only occurred to me later on.

Nice, huh?  :D Being fascinated by the sights of a city happened a second time in another dream, but only for a short moment.

What I love about that dream is that it is reminiscent of The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath by Lovecraft (and probably in part caused by me reading it) . In that story a dream walker is traveling the dream world in search of a beautiful city he only saw a few times in short vision-like dreams.

Oh, btw, that is an interesting story. It's not very well written in some parts, and could be more surreal for my taste. But at least I find it interesting because it has some similarities to a Tolkien-like journey through an adventure land, but was written earlier. Also, I like the punch line in the end. Oh, and I liked it even more after I found out it has some connection to why I came to like Machinae Supremacy  ;)

Now go and solve that riddle, or be cast into the bottomless pit of peril!

ps: My longest post evar? I had to write that dream down at some point. Also, the amount of personal stuff and smilies would probably make me female in that gender test...

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 01:30:26 am »
Weird dreams:

Lucid dream when I was about 7 years old where I was Optimus Prime sitting on a very (almost pastel-colored) green hillside, with a purple sky, next to a highway and shooting at a convoy of trucks. The lucidity came in when I was willfully picking which trucks I shot at (although still rather indiscriminately). That's the only lucid dream I can remember.

Dream that was a combination of the Giver, James Bond, Star Wars, and C&C: RA2.  :P Everyone lived in domes and wore beige jumpsuits. We were outside having a picnic when some air raid sirens went off, and everyone but me ran indoors. I went off on a trail through the -European- forest and walked by three military bases, stylized after those from the RA2 game. They all had large walls out front with ore refineries right up front. I continued walking down the trail, into a now Amazonian/African style forest (think the Yavin moon from Star Wars) and got into a vine-covered x-wing and flew away (in a scene that looked strangely like something from the movie). I flew somewhere (no idea where) and parked a few hundred yards away from a Nazi parade. I now had a tuxedo on, FYI. I disguised myself as a Nazi and joined the parade, and as I was walking a small boy from WWII-era Europe looked at me and declared I was a spy. Then I woke up.

One nightmare I had involved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles climbing out of my poster of them and dancing around my bed in the dark, and sneering at me.

Another involved the Swamp Thing dragging me all the way from my room, past my father and uncle (who stared blankly) and dragging me into the pitch black basement. This is why I'm afraid of the dark.

Another nightmare involved WWII-era Japanese soldiers invading my street during the late afternoon/sunset and taking over my house. One that looked very familiar (like a plastic army-man I had) was shooting a mortar on my front steps, and several held my family hostage at bayonet-point. I tried to do something, they captured me, and that was it.

That's it for now, until I go into some more detailed stuff.  :P
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 01:41:02 am »
Ok if anyone is good at analysing dreams here, try this one:

Me and my best friend, who i've been friends with for nearly 13 years now, are outside in my back garden and we have a huge pile of rotting tomatos and what we are doing is throwing them like steilhand grandes onto the neighbour's conservatory and each time they hit the conservatory a huge psychadelic ripple explodes out of them and laces the sky in the colours, i've never had so much fun :o
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 01:43:30 am »
Ok if anyone is good at analysing dreams here, try this one:

Me and my best friend, who i've been friends with for nearly 13 years now, are outside in my back garden and we have a huge pile of rotting tomatos and what we are doing is throwing them like steilhand grandes onto the neighbour's conservatory and each time they hit the conservatory a huge psychadelic ripple explodes out of them and laces the sky in the colours, i've never had so much fun :o

I wanna do that now.  :(
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 01:56:50 am »
I have a much better one which i may explain tomorrow if i can be bothered
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 01:57:56 am »
Freud says they all mean you want to have sex with your mother.

He never lets the details get in the way.
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 02:18:55 am »
Ah, flying dreams are fun.

One of my favourite dreams were related to that. It was actually more of a falling dream, but no matter. It all happened in the hotel level of Duke Nukem 3D. I was running around outside killing trying to avoid that big monster there, and at some point, I was up on the roof, and I fell off. "Oh nooooo....wait, I have a jetpack." And then I flew up and jumped off again and again and again. Great fun.

Another dream I had, once, which I really loved, was like taken out of a science fiction/conspiracy action movie. It all started out at my old high school (this was after I had finished, but I can't remember when). Something big was happening, a new organisation had been formed, and we were all chosen to become its elite soldiers or something. We were split up in two teams with great rivalry between each other, one wearing pink and the other wearing yellow, I think. I believe I was on the latter team.

Anyway, we were sent out on our first mission, to kidnap or kill some guy. Each team must have had several targets, because it consisted of at least 15 people, and there was only 3 or 4 with me on the mission I was sent to. As we were following orders, I realized that the poor victim was innocent, and that it was some test of our willingness to do whatever this organisation wanted us to do. I rebelled, probably killed off a couple of my teammates, and possibly saved the victim, though I'm not sure on either part. I manage to escape unharmed, and try to get back to school. As I do so, I meet one of my former teammates, a really good-looking girl. She's been sent to kill me. I remember her firing at me with her gun, me dodging and blocking with my sword. One of the bullets hit, but I lie to her and tell her it didn't, and so it didn't hurt me (dream logic. I love it). I can't remember what I did to her in the end, maybe I spared her life, maybe she got away, maybe she revealed herself as a spy and an opponent of the organisation. I know there was a girl like that in the dream, but I think it was another one. At any rate, I ended up with the spy girl, whether it was the former or the latter, in a room in my house, hiding from the organisations soldiers. And there the dream took a more erotic turn. I'll just fade out there, as I can't remember if anything happened after the erotic scene anyways. I kinda doubt it ;D
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 05:37:32 am »
this isn't so much weird as it is hilarious.

but I once had a dream awhile back... when I was.. 15 or 16.. don't remember.

anyway.

I was in the shitty little mall I have back in my hometown, and I was walking around... then I saw someone who I knew was a "badguy"  and he had my dog.
I was angry.

I hop behind a pillar before he sees me.
I put down my school bag.
I put my hand into the air, fingers spread, and I say
"moon! star! power!"

and I transform into sailor moon.

ass kicking ensues.

i'm not even kidding... honest to god had this dream.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 05:47:39 pm »
I believe you. You are Canadian, after all.  ;D

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 07:38:52 pm »
Nice and wonderful dreams here. Last night I saw dream which I think was erotic but I cannot remember anything more than red rubber boots from that dream. Damn!

Now I'm going to pull a Gravehill. Get yourself some milk and cookies. Or skip it. Well, at least you, Gravehill, have to read it, you owe me that  :P
Yes I do and yes I did. Nice.

Also, the amount of personal stuff and smilies would probably make me female in that gender test...
Don't know about that gender thing but it earned you one applaud from me.

Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 08:19:56 pm »
I know a lot about lucid dreaming. Never had one though..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:20:17 am by Jack Lupino »

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 09:01:50 pm »
I want to have one of those lucid dreams once. Anyway, this is perhaps my favorite dream:

Me and a couple of friends were inside my house when we saw something funny move outside by the moon. It was shiny and moved fast. Then we saw a fighter jet emerge, and it shot a missile towards another fighter jet, which got hit and crashed just by the house. We ran out and over to the crash site. Some construction vehicles that had been there had shifted their attention to the crash, and there was a couple of cars and other people. The jet had made a crater in the ground, and I could see the pilot, who seemed ok.
There was a bit of talk about mysterious things and creepy stuff, and then things really started to freak out. This monster came out of the forest and started eating people. Or actually, I was the monster. I wasn't me, but my attention in the dream had shifted

I walked into a building pushing a large, fiery eye wrapped in leather. It was a mall. It had a damage field consisting of little square-shaped colorful badgers which hurt me when I walked on the ground, depending on their color. It was a new mall, a large one, and I wanted to find the flavoured milk. Two guys were after me, but they didn't find me because who looks for a monster by the flavoured milk? I didn't find it. Then I pushed the eye into the storage room, and it opened, staring at me.

Somewhere around here I got some background info. There was some large evil scheme going on, my part of it was pushing the eye. Some dude named "The mysterious great phantom" or something like that had been my predecessor. His logo was a black/orange image with a bald man and a magnifying glass. He had found the eye and made it so that I found it to do the next step.

I never found out what that step was before I somehow lost and the game was restarted to the REAL beginning of my "chapter", which was me being osama bin laden running around and punching evil mermaids in an underground cavern.
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 09:30:17 pm »
Now I'm going to pull a Gravehill.
Goodbye.

See you in a couple years.

Offline Trias

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 09:41:49 pm »
Now I'm going to pull a Gravehill.
Goodbye.

See you in a couple years.

Will people refer to me as one of the ancient legends accordingly? Well, but of course I meant... you know.