Author Topic: Christmas and ghosts - matter of belief?  (Read 12403 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Christmas and ghosts - matter of belief?
« on: December 24, 2006, 04:40:15 am »
Merry Christmas, hope yours will be better than mine :)

I shall be drinking from the bottle of wine until I pass out/die, on christmas eve. Fuck Santa.

Dieing eh, sounds like christmas might not suck after all.

Yeah. Maybe I'll be able to haunt you. That'd be awesome. I'd be able to throw shit at you.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 05:20:27 am »
Haunt me, lol. Thought you were an atheist PRETENDER!!

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 05:42:05 am »
Haunt me, lol. Thought you were an atheist PRETENDER!!
You confuse me, you really do.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 06:38:59 am »
Atheist don't haunt cuz they believe that they stay in the ground and don't do anything afterwards ( otherwise you not atheist ). So if you plan on haunting me your not an atheist which you said you were earlier.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 08:12:30 am »
Atheist don't haunt cuz they believe that they stay in the ground and don't do anything afterwards ( otherwise you not atheist ). So if you plan on haunting me your not an atheist which you said you were earlier.

So what am I? Am I a Ghostiest? ..xD

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 10:31:01 am »

So what am I? Am I a Ghostiest? ..xD

No, confused about religion.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 10:40:24 am »
lol labelz. religion talk end now kthx!  :D
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 10:41:57 am »
okayz, but isnt that what christmas is all bout!?!?

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 10:44:07 am »
No it's about getting expensive presents and acting like a stuck up badstard

OBVIOUSLY
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 10:44:55 am »
Ah..... it all makes sense to me now, being atheist i tohught it was about christ.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 10:48:08 am »
I hate it when you lot try to pretend to know stuff >:
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 10:49:03 am »
I know I dont understand holidays, they are all cheery and stuff, i just dont understand.....

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2006, 06:39:26 am »
Merry Christmas in.... 23 minutes!  :D

*Cough*Athiests just don't believe in a god ("a·the·ist [ey-thee-ist] –noun a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.") That doesn't mean they don't believe in paranormal (it's not indicative of a higher power/not necessarily a "soul").*Cough*
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2006, 06:55:03 am »
Thanks fallout I appreciate it, happy christmas to all!!

Well Harvey not believing in a god(s) leads one to belive that there isn't an after life, besides a non-god religion with an afterlife probably exists and is not atheism, atheism is usually considered a set of beliefs focused on wordly affairs. "Many atheists share common skeptical concerns regarding empirical evidence for supernatural claims" also  "Additionally, atheists tend to accept secular philosophies such as humanism, naturalism and materialism", as quoted from wikipedia. As an atheist myself I'm an Empiricist, and as should other atheists be as well, which would make one think that one who disbelives in no gods should also belive in no afterlife for the similar reasons.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 07:09:43 am »
Well Harvey not believing in a god(s) leads one to belive that there isn't an after life,

*Buzzzzzz*
Wrong, would you like to try again?

As an atheist myself I'm an Empiricist, and as should other atheists be as well, which would make one think that one who disbelives in no gods should also belive in no afterlife for the similar reasons.

I understand that. But I was saying, by definition, that an athiest doesn't necessarily have to believe that ghosts don't exist (it's just plain lack of a qualifier in the definition). There are "scientific" explanations for ghosts. Not saying I think they're legit (paranormal subjects are generally considered a pseudo-science), but plenty of psychics don't belong to a specific religion and/or don't believe in god, but believe ghosts exist and that there is some kind of afterlife/alternate dimension where the remnants of people's consciousness stew for eternity.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.