Author Topic: Part of my history  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Viherminttu

Re: Part of my history
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 08:48:21 am »
it seems like perhaps she doesnt want to talk to you.. i mean maybe she just forgot to give you her contacts, but then again, maybe not..
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 11:15:09 am »
Maybe she forgot. Or then she just don't want to say directly that she wants to do something else. Or then she has some other motive(s). Who knows?

What it becomes to "cutting out crap"... Personally I think that it's matter of balance. Sure, doing funny things and talking weird stuff is fun. But if it's all that it might become that one is never taken seriously and it might be that one looks little superficial. And doing vice versa makes one look humourless and gloomy. So best thing is to show both sides if one does have them. Doing thing forcibly, trying to be something that one is not is just awkward. When supposed to be funny it becomes irritating and idiotic and when supposed to be deep one just looks stupid and become laughing stock.

One could show only best side of self or trying to show both sides. Personally I try to maintain genuinity. Show what I am. It works fine with me. Whether they hate me or love me it's because of me, not my role.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Trias

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 11:21:34 am »
Cut the crap.
But it would include the avatar. :( or not, seeing as I think I've promised to keep a pikababe in it.

If you feel like that's (currently) a part of you, I don't think you should cut it. I think there are several examples on these forums of people that are funny and silly, but at the same time reliable/friendly/well-respected/intelligent/whatever...

edit: oh, and what Gravehill said  ;)

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 12:54:14 pm »
I never did feel obliged to stick to bullshit all the time. That's what I like about this place. No masks are needed, you don't have to keep the same face all the time. I guess it's not a matter of cutting out crap, but of tipping the scales a notch and of changing some priorities.

Another detail; the last time she'd vanished, I contacted her and, thinking the worst, I explained to her it'd be fine with me if she ever wished to just block me from MSN, that me being there shouldn't be a reason for her not to be offline all the time. I also stated that I might very well just be overanalyzing, and to that she agreed, humored. After all, she had just gotten a new address and wasn't being offline all the time as I thought she was. This time, I must say it really does seem she's blocking me. If not, then she's never online anymore, which, on the other hand, is something she's perfectly able to do for reasons that need not have anything to do with me.

If she has blocked me, then I can respect that, it's just that I can't tell if that's what she's really doing until she tells me, which kind of ruins the idea.

Of course, I will contact her, or try to and see what kind of response I get, so that I can hopefully understand a tad better. I said I couldn't reach her, but that was via IM only.

She is, by the way, a quite whimsical person who would never seek to create drama.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 04:46:12 pm by Cerapter »
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 05:45:15 pm »
Do whatever ever you feel. If you can't be yourself, who can you be, so do things as you want to. If you wanna be silly sometimes and then serious the next moment then that is how you will live. Only if your actions are hurting others you should change yourself, but if it hurts nobody then carry on as you are. You can't change yourself becase you think others will appreciate you better. People just have to react to you as you are.

Now this friend, she might've moved on. If you wanna chase her life, then do so if that is what you really wanna do. But don't change yourself. Her reactions shold be to you as you and not as your facade.

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 06:58:51 pm »
Do whatever ever you feel. If you can't be yourself, who can you be, so do things as you want to. If you wanna be silly sometimes and then serious the next moment then that is how you will live. Only if your actions are hurting others you should change yourself, but if it hurts nobody then carry on as you are. You can't change yourself becase you think others will appreciate you better. People just have to react to you as you are.

Now this friend, she might've moved on. If you wanna chase her life, then do so if that is what you really wanna do. But don't change yourself. Her reactions shold be to you as you and not as your facade.
Very true. But given second thought, I don't think all of this has really got anything to do with my actual personality. It's much more about priorities and how serious one takes the world and things in it. I've not taken anything very seriously lately, which I'm able to do because there's nothing really bothering me. But like this, I could end up hurting others because I do not see their troubles for what they themselves feel they are.

Were I to change these priorities, then I would not change myself, but I would interpret things differently, and through that make use of different parts of the same 'me', or rather use differently the same parts I used before.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:45:35 pm by Cerapter »

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2006, 10:11:47 pm »
On another note, I'm really stupid. She's just been busy and lazy.

And I'd forgotten that she makes even less sense than I do.

Still, I will be cutting some of the crap. My crap phase has lasted long enough anyway. :)

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 09:48:29 am »
but.... pika-boobs...?

you know what sucks? when for your own good you have to be an asshole. as a wise man (me) once said, "personal growth hurts like a bitch." when it requires that you break it off with someone... holy hell. sure it sucks to be dumped, ubt at least you get infinitely high moral ground, free sympathy from everyone to whom you mention it (and you will mention it), and no guilt about whatever issues or questions you might have had about the relationship in the first place; you're free AND clear. i on the other hand just feel like an all-around douche though i am very sure that it was the right thing to do.

<threadhijack>

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.