Author Topic: yay another reason to laugh at sony!!  (Read 19344 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: yay another reason to laugh at sony!!
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2006, 04:14:46 am »
Try some Lemsip, does wonders
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2006, 09:18:20 am »
*cough* RICH BOY *cough* *cough IM JEALOUS *cough* *cough* SO IM GONNA BE ALL DEFENSIVE AND CALL HIM GAY AND SUCH, WHEN REALLY IT'S ME WHOSE INSECURE *cough*

i've gotta get over this cold some day.

lol, i know alot of my buddies have this cough ( though i pay for my shit not my fucking parents )

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2006, 02:00:22 pm »
*cough* RICH BOY *cough* *cough IM JEALOUS *cough* *cough* SO IM GONNA BE ALL DEFENSIVE AND CALL HIM GAY AND SUCH, WHEN REALLY IT'S ME WHOSE INSECURE *cough*

i've gotta get over this cold some day.

lol, i know alot of my buddies have this cough ( though i pay for my shit not my fucking parents )

Well, that's what jobs are for. Making you money so you can buy that expensive shit you want. And for the PS3, I'll have to save up for a couple of months to even afford the basic system.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Lysix

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2006, 04:08:22 pm »
instead of high-poly models with seven kinds of different ways of texturing it.

Which appears to be sonys only current selling point for the PS3.

Offline Tenkai Star

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2006, 06:21:00 pm »
To many owned a PS2

And experienced fairly poor craftmanship first hand.

Perhaps, but its not the console who decides who wins, itas the games and PS2 had a lot more games than Xbox and GC together, with great support from the major developers. MS had to buy developers.
Sol är bäst på radio.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 06:24:41 pm »
Me and a friend argued. 360 vs PS3.
His argument FOR the ps3 was "Yeah, but it has blueray and the graphics are better".
Oh gee, substandard graphics (proven to be close to xbox 360s anyway) and a video format thats not even guaranteed to break through as the standard. Nice going, sony. Nice going.

The graphics are not necessarily better. Look at this article someone showed me earlier today: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html?tag=topslot;title;3&om_act=convert&click=topslot

Lysix

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006, 06:29:26 pm »
The graphics are not necessarily better. Look at this article someone showed me earlier today: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html?tag=topslot;title;3&om_act=convert&click=topslot

Thats what i was basing my argument on. ;)

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2006, 06:39:25 pm »

Good :)

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2006, 08:27:09 pm »
To many owned a PS2

Perhaps, but its not the console who decides who wins, itas the games and PS2 had a lot more games than Xbox and GC together, with great support from the major developers. MS had to buy developers.

The power to buy developers is immense, besides ps2 had ALOT of shitty titles, more doens't mean better.

Offline Tenkai Star

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2006, 09:54:56 pm »
To many owned a PS2

The power to buy developers is immense, besides ps2 had ALOT of shitty titles, more doens't mean better.

What you think is shitty, someone else might think is the best game ever. For example, I cant stand FF8, almost worst game ever, but some people seem to like it, and my friend cant stand Suikoden 2, wich to me is the best game ever.
Many titles increases then chance you will find something you like. But I dont want to meet the person who thinks Army Men is great.

Its all in the eye of the beholder
Sol är bäst på radio.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2006, 10:20:48 pm »
To many owned a PS2

PS2 also had many great titles, and had a greater selection for different types of gamers than any other system. XBOX had a lot of shitty titles too. So did GC. Every system does.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2006, 12:47:24 am »

The only thing that article says about the grapics is how it is right now. Nobody knows how it will look a year or two from now. There still is a lot of untapped potential in both machines, and it is impossible to know beforehand wich console will look the best in the end. The only thing you can do is go by the software.

Oh, and by the way, 4 years (the expected length of this console cycle) of Xbox Live Gold costs around 200 bucks, the current difference in price between the PS3 and 360. Sony's online service is free, and offers all core features that Live does (it skips some of the neat, but essentially unnecessary features such as Achievements though, but the core (games, buddies and downloads) is there). So if you plan to play online, the price diff is not that big a deal, really.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2006, 01:53:28 am »

The only thing that article says about the grapics is how it is right now. Nobody knows how it will look a year or two from now. There still is a lot of untapped potential in both machines, and it is impossible to know beforehand wich console will look the best in the end. The only thing you can do is go by the software.

Oh, and by the way, 4 years (the expected length of this console cycle) of Xbox Live Gold costs around 200 bucks, the current difference in price between the PS3 and 360. Sony's online service is free, and offers all core features that Live does (it skips some of the neat, but essentially unnecessary features such as Achievements though, but the core (games, buddies and downloads) is there). So if you plan to play online, the price diff is not that big a deal, really.

Microsoft has said they expect their console to last for up to ten years. o_o I highly doubt it, but I also honestly doubt that this cycle will only last for four. Maybe six.

Will Sony have a library of downloadable movies and TV shows, though? Or dowlonadable old-school arcade games, or a ranking/feedback system, or downloadable game demos...?

The core is there, but with Sony's track record, it's not hard to foresee that it'll be lacking. Especially in the customer feedback/service area. That $50 for online service goes a loooong way towards making sure things work right, and they work well.

And what if people don't plan to play online?  :-X I don't imagine Sony will be selling discs with the downloadable content and software updates and whatnot like Microsoft has been doing.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2006, 07:07:26 am »
high-poly models with seven kinds of different ways of texturing it.

Which PS3 game was it where the foliage that is supposed to be fully rendered in 3d is actually a 2d sprite that is set to rotate so it's always facing you?  It's one of those racing games with teh cars and motorcycles and explosions... Sony made a big deal out of it at E3 and it sucked by comparison.

Wait.  its the one from the beginning of the thread!

Yeah.  amazing graphics my ass.  its a goddamned 2D sprite.

Lexx

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2006, 07:20:32 am »
Microsoft has said they expect their console to last for up to ten years. o_o I highly doubt it, but I also honestly doubt that this cycle will only last for four. Maybe six.

I doubt they believe their own hype. I imagine they're already starting (or at least planning) the development of their next gen console as we speak.