Author Topic: Adam and Eve  (Read 6027 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Adam and Eve
« on: November 30, 2006, 03:09:53 am »
How does the story of Adam and Eve reflect to modern day society ?

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: Adam and Eve
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 03:15:14 am »

Deja vu? :p

well in London society i would say it relates to the fact that too many young people are taking the forbidden fruit and realising they're naked then slaving behind a desk (in the story they slave on barren lands) for the rest of their lives

oh and they were told what to do by a guy who they can't even see (Royal Family and Government)
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 03:34:13 am »

Stop cheating at schoolwork :D

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 03:51:47 am »
I suggest you answer it with an interpretive dance.

LionNinja has an interesting suggestion, I would say. One could say that Eden is childhood, and eating the forbidden fruit is to enter adulthood.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 03:55:50 am »
I suggest you answer it with an interpretive dance.

LionNinja has an interesting suggestion, I would say. One could say that Eden is childhood, and eating the forbidden fruit is to enter adulthood.

Yeah i meant that..

>_>
<_<

what?! i really did!!!!

and now to wow you people even more

the snake, in the story is depicted as the devil, could be symbiolic to peer pressure/ temptation
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 12:59:33 pm »
Hrrmm.. the forbidden fruits should also be considered as drugs or alcohol..

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 02:00:27 pm »
The forbidden fruits represent knowledge of a new system outside of our current government system. The idea that we can think for ourselves sure is scary.

Adam and Eve are the segregation of two essentially same parts. God is our governemt, oblivious to the "dangers" that lurk around the corner.

The snake is...um...terrorism?
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 03:22:29 pm »
The forbidden fruits represent knowledge of a new system outside of our current government system. The idea that we can think for ourselves sure is scary.

Adam and Eve are the segregation of two essentially same parts. God is our governemt, oblivious to the "dangers" that lurk around the corner.

The snake is...um...terrorism?

aka, the apple is free thinking?

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 03:30:36 pm »
Adam and Eve are like modern people, the masses. They are innocent in mind and think that everything is alright. 9 to 5, kids at school, pay their taxes and care little about anything else. Everything they think or do is something that happens here and now, on their own little paradise. People build their own paradises and their own hells - and how they see their life is based on their knowledge. Less you know, happier you are. But at the same moment when one bites that forbidden fruit from the tree of bad- and good-knowledge everything changes. It will radically change one's vision of world. We see that we are not living in paradise but as part of the world. And price of our heaven is sometimes other one's hell. Western civilizations are based on competition. We are taught to struggle and fight from the school. We are taught that strongest deserve everything, they deserve paradise. So when we acquire that paradise we see nothing wrong in that. But there is risk that as soon as we see world around us and realize how other people suffer our conscience might arise. That's something that governments don't want us to realize. If we see our brother in need and in suffering he is not that good enemy anymore. And governments need enemies. That is justification for existence of governments. As long as there are enemies, from outside or inside, there is reason for existence of government.

We are doing well because big companies exploit people that are living in other countries. "We are moving our production there because it's cheaper there..." No kidding. Ever wondered why it's cheaper there? Governments are doing their trade pacts, doing agreements, using sanctions and controlling world as they like. Commerciality and politics are as one. Money means power and where is power there is money behind it. And that money buys people as well it buys products. For governments we people are nothing but resources. And if the price is right they are ready to sell us. Is there any hope then when everywhere you look there is plan of the snake proceeding? Yes there is. Everytime you do something, think : "Is it worth it? Is there more ecological, more social way to do this?" If there is fairer or more ecological way to do something do it that way. Do not covet everything. If you envy or covet too much you will lose yourself. Think what you REALLY want and try to achieve that. You can't buy happiness. You can buy some pleasure but you don't need that much what's available, you don't need all and everything, and not now. You will have same pleasure from smaller bits as well. After certain point amount of pleasure does not rise anymore, satisfaction you get is coming from greed you're feeding. Instead of building up positive pleasure you try to silence greed in you. More you try to silence it more it roars. It's like a flame and you're trying to extinguish it with gasoline. You don't have to kill it, just give it enough gasoline so it can give you some nice light instead of burning you with it in bonfire of vanities.

No we know, what are Adam and Eve, what is snake and what is forbidden fruit. Where is God, then? God is among us in form of love. Love is something that saves us. Love is free, it takes only time. When we are together various forms of love build us true heaven on earth wherever we are. There is always love and everyone of us will have someone who loves or cares about. I don't say that those Adam and Eve mentioned at start were not living at true heaven. There is probably love among them and it will make their life good one whether they notice the world around them or not. But if one thinks that pretty things are more important than love one might lose one's paradise. Because pretty things won't last but love will last forever in some form. If those Adam and Eve have bitten that forbidden fruit it will make love even more meaningful and important for them. They can build their own paradise, not on illusions and lies but on love.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 03:43:41 pm »
Gravehill, put the b00ze down. <3

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 10:16:24 pm »
Gravehill, put the b00ze down. <3
Booze put the Gravehill down...
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Lysix

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 10:19:09 pm »
Sorry, gravehill. Your opening paragraphs always make sense. After that, you just totally lose it. :P

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 11:36:17 pm »
In the story of Adam and Eve, I find the saying 'ignorance is bliss'. We humans aren't made for today's society. It breaks many of us, and tries breaking us all. If we had just never evolved to be such smart-asses, we would still be having a relatively great time running around in the forest, living in caves and impaling animals.

I don't think love is as good as most people try to make it. If love was just good, there wouldn't be heartbreaks, and there would be less emotional and psychological problems. Believing love is great is part of the ignorance we can still have — and it is a good thing, because it allows you to truly trust in the feelings, which again solidifies them a bit — because it does bad as much as good, perhaps more. Love can be treacherous and false, and it almost always wanes, creating bitterness and melancholy.

I believe the bliss, the paradise, is carefreeness and freedom, in the sense that there are no things that might burden you. Like a child not knowing of all the complex details and footnotes and illusions of the world, not knowing how you can never quite get what you want and how nothing is ever like is seems and how you're always wrong about everything somehow; knowing only how to live, what is good and what is bad, how to be happy and how to dream. The more the child is taught about the adult world, the more this state fades and eventually vanishes, leaving a being that can only think and no longer truly feel.

I think the snake is just a scapegoat, a way of blaming Satan for everything that goes and has gone wrong. The actual threat lies only in the apple.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:39:30 pm by Cerapter »
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Offline Kobi

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 12:36:13 am »
This a very advanced concept by the look of it now. I don't know if I can relate that bilbical tale to modern day society at all. What I do think personalyl about society is that feelings are regarded as the strongest thing the drives us, after instinct that is. But feelings are also deceptfull. Thats why the world are so out of order today.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 01:41:06 am »
..And out come the wolves.

(Jeramiah, Verse II, chapter B 105.)

The adam and eve story is basically the story of the human nature. It is no wonder why it is so appliable to 99% of the population, media, governments, etc.