Author Topic: REDEEMER IS THERE!!1one omgwtfbbq  (Read 20835 times)

Offline Zombie With Style

• Sleep and fade away for I've got the style!
Re: REDEEMER IS THERE!!1one omgwtfbbq
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2006, 11:57:15 pm »
Yes, US release please! I don't really like waiting for things to ship (remembers RUE) unless of course, I can't get it any other way

Yes same here, though if it's gonna take a while I'll probably order it anyway. Might I suggest getting FYE to distribute it in the US?

Or Best Buy, they seem to like selling music that no ones heard of

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2006, 12:18:35 am »
Yes, US release please! I don't really like waiting for things to ship (remembers RUE) unless of course, I can't get it any other way

Yes same here, though if it's gonna take a while I'll probably order it anyway. Might I suggest getting FYE to distribute it in the US?

Or Best Buy, they seem to like selling music that no ones heard of

Yeah either one would work. I just want it to be sold here dammit!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2006, 03:22:23 am »
Okay, I got my Redeemer Retail edition in the mail today. After listening all day it is my opinion that it absolutely 110% rocks.

I think pretty much every single song is an improvement. Some are improved from start to finish, others have minor details that makes them overall that much cooler. For example, Seventeen many of you said was almost untouched. I can hear things in Seventeen I never heard with such clarity. The sid is much clearer during the verses (and remains a dominant factor throughout them). You could never hear them extremely clear before while the guitars were blaring, now you can. The vocal harmonies were also masterfully improved in this case, sounding better than ever.

As for Elite, yes - the Sid was lowered, but the sid was never the main role. And now I focus on the second guitar in this song (the guitar with that "twang". Dewwweewewwew. I can't explain it. But its beautiful, and I never heard that lower end twang on that guitar before. And I think that takes the "lead" in what my ears focus to, which is more appropriate than the occasionally sid anyway - but the sid is most definitely still there and I can hear it just fine, but it slightly softer. Now I admit, the buildup right before the main chorus begins where the sid is supposed to hit (and is clearly the dominant rollover to the chorus) is too low. Oddly enough, it sounds FINE on my monitors at work, at home it seems like that fast sid carryover to the chorus is really soft. I have no idea what that's about, sounds like a system issue almost. Regardless, that's not even remotely a big deal. It's half a second of bips, we'll live. The "Did you doubt us/This is redeemer" section of the song also sounds orgasmic now.

I don't know what it is (other than be clearer and the vocals (backup and main) sounding fricken amazing) but Reanimator was improved into a new fucking level of awesome.

Anywho, maybe I'll break it down song for song, but everything sounds amazing to me. I'm glad I have the UG, but I definitely see why Retail edition is the ones going into shops for the new listeners. I am 100% satisfied, I should have been charged more. The entire CD sounds amazing and refreshed.

With all that being said, I admit one thing that makes me cringe. The first "I die..." in Ghost. It DOES sound like it just suddenly cuts out. That is the only real flaw I can find in anything. Everything else sounds -better-. And I am not going to bitch about two words that take two seconds and still sound acceptable. It coulda used some more delicacy in the fading in/out, sure, but it still sounds okay - just not as good - and its two words. Whoopidy do, the song as a whole improved over the site release... and as for the rest, they all sound amazing.

Well done. cheers.