Author Topic: Writing MIDIs and exporting to mp3s  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Creamy_Goodness

Writing MIDIs and exporting to mp3s
« on: November 27, 2006, 05:56:53 am »

> It's been over ten years since I quit my hobby of writing music in MIDI format, but ever since I got into writing simfiles for Stepmania, I began considering writing MIDIs of some songs I've had in my head for the past few years. I used Cakewalk Professional 2.0 to write my old songs, but that program was for Windows 3.1, and I'd like to use something more up to date for my future songs. Are there any good freeware / open source MIDI writing programs available for Windows 98? Also, what's the best freeware program for converting MIDIs into mp3s?

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: Writing MIDIs and exporting to mp3s
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 05:56:09 pm »
Reason, always

here's a sample of some reason work i have done:

Pytox

Iforgot to mention Reason only exports as .wavs but you can get goldwave which converts wavs to mp3s with such ease
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 05:58:48 pm by LionNinja »
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Lexx

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 07:42:14 pm »
Goldwave? Ease? Bah! CDex is better for converting stuff, to mp3 anyway.

Lysix

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:08:22 pm »

> It's been over ten years since I quit my hobby of writing music in MIDI format, but ever since I got into writing simfiles for Stepmania, I began considering writing MIDIs of some songs I've had in my head for the past few years. I used Cakewalk Professional 2.0 to write my old songs, but that program was for Windows 3.1, and I'd like to use something more up to date for my future songs. Are there any good freeware / open source MIDI writing programs available for Windows 98? Also, what's the best freeware program for converting MIDIs into mp3s?

If you just want to make MIDI files, then Anvil Studio is a good start if you're wanting freeware. (:

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 03:28:04 am »

If you just want to make MIDI files, then Anvil Studio is a good start if you're wanting freeware. (:

Warning: This message could contain illegal information

It's called torrenting ;D
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Creamy_Goodness

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 11:54:55 am »

> Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll be trying out this Anvil Studio, as well as some of the other programs as soon as I get the chance to. I've got this song in my head that I'd like to transcribe into MIDI, and I'd like to eventually make it into a stepfile for Stepmania.