Author Topic: Temporary forum away notification  (Read 4318 times)

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
Temporary forum away notification
« on: November 12, 2006, 03:20:04 pm »
Just stopping by to notify you that I'm on a sort of mini-vacation at my parents home. Which also means less forum time, since I have limited computer access. I will return to regular forum duty on Tuesday evening.

Also, just browsed a bit through the forum... I'm not online for two days and stuff happens! WTF.

- Iggy gets banned for good. Which was a good decision, I might add. His overall annoyingness factor was so way out of line... even for a 13 year-old.

- Fallout gets tempbanned. What was that about?

- Fiindil returns to a almost normal level of forum posting. It's just like watching a TV show whose directors try to revive it after a few stale seasons by bringing back original cast members from the first seasons. ER did that, I think.

- The forum ads still annoy me to some degree, but unlike the keyword highlighting, I might get used to it.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
Re: Temporary forum away notification
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 05:09:39 pm »
Just stopping by to notify you that I'm on a sort of mini-vacation at my parents home. Which also means less forum time, since I have limited computer access. I will return to regular forum duty on Tuesday evening.

Also, just browsed a bit through the forum... I'm not online for two days and stuff happens! WTF.

- Iggy gets banned for good. Which was a good decision, I might add. His overall annoyingness factor was so way out of line... even for a 13 year-old.

- Fiindil returns to a almost normal level of forum posting. It's just like watching a TV show whose directors try to revive it after a few stale seasons by bringing back original cast members from the first seasons. ER did that, I think.

- The forum ads still annoy me to some degree, but unlike the keyword highlighting, I might get used to it.

Iggman isn't banned for good, just 30 days.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 05:12:03 pm »
* LionNinja cries

30 days??!...i guess i'll go on holiday in 28 days time then
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 05:23:05 pm »

You know as much as me.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 05:31:40 pm »
Bateman, just remember, when the white rabbit peaks...you know you've gone too far
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 06:25:18 pm »
What's up with the 24h-ban on fallout? I've been walking through his last few days of posting, and i can't really find anything bannable. Has he been a muppet in PM with anyone, or is this just a general annoyance-ban that shouldn't have happened?

been bitching and then he said bad about refic and i was fucking annoyed and tired so i kinda snapped you know :)

Bitching where?

in my pm also posted in the forums that the redeemer re was leaked in the interweb and also a site that had links to its torrents etc

Fair enough

If this isn't correct, PM me, please.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 06:50:31 pm »
Hrrm. Just because mump has a bad day doesn't mean you can go ban people, but yeah.

In fairness, fallout was rude to refic.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 03:02:00 am »
I wasnt rude to refic, i was joking with refic. See:
Quote from: refic's av text

Yeah, you're a geek, but your postcount still sucks. :P

Jeez dude, do you have to have ads on the forums?
Note ":P" emoticon, showing I was only joking with refic, and he'll confirm this, because I always joke around with him.

I didnt post links to a leaked RRE torrent, I posted a site with information about the album. mumppis instantly presumed it was a torrent site, warned me and edited my post. He was completely wrong to do this, because there was nothing breaking any rules in my post.

The PM I sent to mumppis:
mumppis you arse unlock that thread in forum stuff, it was YOUR opinion that it wouldnt go anywhere, Spike posted a picture and it was going somewhere.

UNLOCK IT

Wrote it at work, not really thinking what I was typing, presuming mumppis would take it lightly. (ie: when I insult someone "mumppis you arse" I pretty much always mean it jokingly.

Yes, Gaijin, it was just a general-annoyance-ban that shouldnt have happened. mumppis even said it was because he was in a bad mood and tired, and he "snapped".

Mods should show good judgement, and in my opinion, mumppis' judgement has been a little off, and he seems too quick to take action. Changing the rules in the first week? Unstickying the "Machinae Signs with Spinefarm!" thread randomly, amongst other things; randomly locking threads with no consultation of other admins..

I was one of the first people that I know of to suggest mumppis become a mod, since he'd been around for a long time and from what i'd seen he was reasonably mature, and he's also modded a few other big forums before, so it was obvious he was an ideal candidate for a moderator. At the time I was all for it..

But now? I'm not too sure.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 08:24:19 am »
is it really appropriate for this to be discussed here?
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 09:43:52 am »
is it really appropriate for this to be discussed here?

Come on, where else are we going to bitch at mumppis? In the super-secret mod board none of us have access to?

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 10:48:37 am »
I wasnt rude to refic, i was joking with refic. See:
Quote from: refic's av text

Yeah, you're a geek, but your postcount still sucks. :P

Jeez dude, do you have to have ads on the forums?
Note ":P" emoticon, showing I was only joking with refic, and he'll confirm this, because I always joke around with him.

I didnt post links to a leaked RRE torrent, I posted a site with information about the album. mumppis instantly presumed it was a torrent site, warned me and edited my post. He was completely wrong to do this, because there was nothing breaking any rules in my post.

The PM I sent to mumppis:
mumppis you arse unlock that thread in forum stuff, it was YOUR opinion that it wouldnt go anywhere, Spike posted a picture and it was going somewhere.

UNLOCK IT

Wrote it at work, not really thinking what I was typing, presuming mumppis would take it lightly. (ie: when I insult someone "mumppis you arse" I pretty much always mean it jokingly.

Yes, Gaijin, it was just a general-annoyance-ban that shouldnt have happened. mumppis even said it was because he was in a bad mood and tired, and he "snapped".

Mods should show good judgement, and in my opinion, mumppis' judgement has been a little off, and he seems too quick to take action. Changing the rules in the first week? Unstickying the "Machinae Signs with Spinefarm!" thread randomly, amongst other things; randomly locking threads with no consultation of other admins..

I was one of the first people that I know of to suggest mumppis become a mod, since he'd been around for a long time and from what i'd seen he was reasonably mature, and he's also modded a few other big forums before, so it was obvious he was an ideal candidate for a moderator. At the time I was all for it..

But now? I'm not too sure.

Sadly, that's pretty much what I suspected. And even if there -was- good reason to ban you, that whole threat about making it last longer if spoken about was just out of line.

I'll talk with him.

And oh, we went a bit offtopic. Bateman has said what he wants, we've read it, i'm locking.