Author Topic: Christmas Wishlist!  (Read 12414 times)

Offline cloudstrifex

Re: Christmas Wishlist!
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2006, 10:19:56 pm »
Yeah I hate snow too. The only thing I like doing in the winter is sitting inside with hot chocolate and watching my favorite anime or something. Other than that I don't have too much fun outside in the snow. XD

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2006, 10:31:00 pm »
Snow is a novelty here, I like the snow. The last time it snowed here, it started at about midnight. I swear to god it was like something out of a movie, people came out of their houses and out of hte pubs, in the middle of the fucking night to play in the snow. So much fun.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2006, 10:38:52 pm »
Snow is a novelty here, I like the snow. The last time it snowed here, it started at about midnight. I swear to god it was like something out of a movie, people came out of their houses and out of hte pubs, in the middle of the fucking night to play in the snow. So much fun.

It was later that morning we got some, oh man it was awesome, ambush random commuters and throwing snowballs at them...then my mate took it too far and made an ice-ball :<
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2006, 11:05:58 pm »
I was sick for a week aftwerwards if I recall... that part was less awesome.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2006, 11:10:21 pm »
Yeah once when I was a kid I played in the snow for about 3 hours with no gloves. Later that night I threw up over 10 times, :-X Worst night I think I've ever had in terms of being sick.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2006, 01:59:05 am »

We always get snow, but not usually on Christmas. It will be at some random time before or after, so then Christmas morning is muddy and icky-looking.

I always hated the snow before, but now I love it.  :D

Umm... Well, I wouldn't mind to have someone to think of when I'm visiting my relatives and the boredom is killing me... Someone to spend to Christmas night with... .__.

But you will miss this someone very much when you will be visiting your relatives. You might really be thinking then: "Why do I have to be here, I should be with him." and that wouldn't make you happy - at least in this situation.

I don't necessarily enjoy missing someone - but I like knowing that after everything's over, I get to come back to them. I think that's a very nice feeling, when you finally do come back.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2006, 02:20:50 am »
Yeah, there's bad missing someone and there's good missing someone. The good kind is in fact enjoyable, in a way.

And now for snow.

Snow where I will be at christmas (back home, that is) is a fleeting thing. It usually falls in semi-large amounts one day, and the next day we have a whitish, sloppy mass. It might be mistaken for snow, but it really isn't. The day after that again, we have ice. And then we have whitish sloppy mass for a couple of days, and then maybe it snows again, and we have white sloppy mass or ice for a couple of more days, and then some rain, and probably some more rain, which will freeze once it hits the ground and make the roads very slippery, and possibly a day without rain (mind you, it will still be windy), and then I'm going back up here.

I actually kinda like the dark autumn storm, with the wind and the rain. And it's really what I'm going to get when I get home. There's no winter there, the year usually consists of spring, short summer, autumn and then spring again.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2006, 02:28:36 am »
The bad missing is sitting beside that person for 3 hours every week, making small talk and knowing that you will never be able to put your arms around her ever again  :D

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2006, 02:52:15 am »
The bad missing is sitting beside that person for 3 hours every week, making small talk and knowing that you will never be able to put your arms around her ever again  :D

Indeed. That is worse than bad missing, that's sucky missing.

The bad missing is the kind I had the first few weeks in the army. It wasn't for someone special, just home and family in general. It's the kind that would probably cripple you if it lasted too long, but luckily I doubt it often lasts long enough.

I'm seeing that coupled with a depression to be a very dangerous thing, though.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2006, 03:49:09 am »
and don't forget the guns! Dangerous indeed.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2006, 04:00:18 am »
Guns that fire snow?
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2006, 04:10:25 am »
Didn't I reply something like "guns+depression+bad missing = very bad"?

I know that guns+depression is a really bad combination. I know someone who confessed to me that more or less the only reason why he didn't kill himself in the army was the thought of the trauma he'd force the rest of his unit through.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2006, 08:47:01 am »
But as my relatives think I'm just another normal 17-year-old girl, I'll be getting gallons of girly perfumes I'll never use, tons of hotpants, some toe socks and chocolate, worth of some of the objects I listed.
yep. if only we could have relatives that wouldnt buy us talcum powder that smells like flowers, earrings that have pink fake diamonds, make up.. etc. ffs. just buy me a pair of jeans and a tshirt already.

I also get too much girly stuff every year... but it's only from my grandmother... like handbags (I never use them... I hate handbags) or jewellery (that she found very nice but which I don't like at all)... At least she doesn't get me make-up or something, at least this.
I like but now I have far too many of them)[/b]. Again.

yeah the jewellery my grandmother gets me she thinks is nice.. i think its tacky.. something a thin blonde would wear in her latest fashions... bleh. ill stick to my pwn* shirt and my 32mb ram necklace.

* Dimruthien hugs her ram necklace
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2006, 01:52:26 pm »
yeah the jewellery my grandmother gets me she thinks is nice.. i think its tacky.. something a thin blonde would wear in her latest fashions... bleh. ill stick to my pwn* shirt and my 32mb ram necklace.

Still wishing for some FPS skills for Christmas, Dimmy?
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Kobi

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2006, 11:51:01 am »
But as my relatives think I'm just another normal 17-year-old girl, I'll be getting gallons of girly perfumes I'll never use, tons of hotpants, some toe socks and chocolate, worth of some of the objects I listed.
yep. if only we could have relatives that wouldnt buy us talcum powder that smells like flowers, earrings that have pink fake diamonds, make up.. etc. ffs. just buy me a pair of jeans and a tshirt already.

I also get too much girly stuff every year... but it's only from my grandmother... like handbags (I never use them... I hate handbags) or jewellery (that she found very nice but which I don't like at all)... At least she doesn't get me make-up or something, at least this.
I like but now I have far too many of them)[/b]. Again.

Boy or girl, I'm just glad my family is more in understanding with each others interest. Mom want's a gamepad and some PC tools for christmas hehe Something me and my siblings know well. Hell, I'm glad I'm in a family of geeks XD Have you ever tried to tell your grandmother that you might like something else for christmas then pink-fake-diamond jewelry and perfumes? That can sometimes be a sensitive discussion but in any case if you don't use it then its that fun every year right?