Author Topic: Deus Ex Machinae download @ Last.fm  (Read 7680 times)

Offline Irrationalist

Re: Deus Ex Machinae download @ Last.fm
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 09:03:12 pm »
Because they don't change your page based on your login? I don't see why they would. Maybe you log in on another computer?

You're really looking too much into this.

Oh no Intellectual Discussion !!! RUN!!!!!

Spike don't rain in on their parade

BTW: Like your new sig.

Lysix

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 09:04:01 pm »
Why is there such an uproar about the songs being downloadable? They're not of the best quality, and even if i heard them there first I'd want to buy the album regardless. Bitching about it isn't going to change it imo.

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 09:07:15 pm »
I have a confession...I downloaded the albums before buying. To see if it was worth it. It was. =P

Thanks. ^^
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 09:14:12 pm »
I have a confession...I downloaded the albums before buying. To see if it was worth it. It was. =P

Thanks. ^^

I know, so did I. Torrents are our friends.

Offline Corelian

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 09:21:16 pm »
Are you implying that it's OK to distribute copies of out-of-print records?

Er, yes?

Ever hear of Abandonware?

Do you have some reference to back up your claim? Abandonware doesn't mean out-of-print software.

Because they don't change your page based on your login? I don't see why they would.

But they already do change the page based on one's login, dammit!

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 09:44:13 pm »
Are you implying that it's OK to distribute copies of out-of-print records?

Er, yes?

Ever hear of Abandonware?

Do you have some reference to back up your claim? Abandonware doesn't mean out-of-print software.

Because they don't change your page based on your login? I don't see why they would.

But they already do change the page based on one's login, dammit!

abandoware doesnt include music

Offline Corelian

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 10:06:07 pm »
abandoware doesnt include music

So, you're also implying that out-of-print records are free to distribute? Man, I'd like to get my hands on Frusciante's Smile from the Streets You Hold or some of the earlier Thelonious Monster albums - but guess what? Those records are copyrighted and the only people allowed to legally distribute them are the copyright holders. Too bad.

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 10:08:21 pm »
Erm...he said it doesn't include music? I've not looked into this at all, but it seems to be that means he agrees with you?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:10:47 pm by ^Spike »
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Corelian

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 10:16:44 pm »
Erm...he said it doesn't include music? I've not looked into this at all, but it seems to be that means he agrees with you?

Well, he could have stated that more clearly. Actually after reading mumppis' post for the 100th time, I really can't fathom the logic behind the comment. At first I had the feeling that he was agreeing with Fiindil. Maybe I'm just tired...

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 11:35:09 pm »

Well, he could have stated that more clearly. Actually after reading mumppis' post for the 100th time, I really can't fathom the logic behind the comment. At first I had the feeling that he was agreeing with Fiindil. Maybe I'm just tired...

You are making way too big a deal, and yes, mumppis was agreeing with you. If MASU'S OWN BAND MEMBER uploaded it I'm pretttty sure no one cares id an out-of-print album is sold.

Offline Corelian

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 11:40:04 pm »
You are making way too big a deal, and yes, mumppis was agreeing with you.

Sorry, my bad. I misunderstood mumppis' comment.

If MASU'S OWN BAND MEMBER uploaded it I'm pretttty sure no one cares id an out-of-print album is sold.

That sentence didn't make any sense.

Smeagol

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 11:46:53 pm »
So, you're also implying that out-of-print records are free to distribute? Man, I'd like to get my hands on Frusciante's Smile from the Streets You Hold or some of the earlier Thelonious Monster albums - but guess what? Those records are copyrighted and the only people allowed to legally distribute them are the copyright holders. Too bad.

Who gives a fuck about the legality of the issue? They are out of print, and if they are not in the public domain, they should bloody well be.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 11:50:59 pm »
You are making way too big a deal, and yes, mumppis was agreeing with you.

Sorry, my bad. I misunderstood mumppis' comment.

If MASU'S OWN BAND MEMBER uploaded it I'm pretttty sure no one cares id an out-of-print album is sold.

That sentence didn't make any sense.

Holy shit one letter pretty much just ruined the meaning of the post. Okay I'll walk you through this then. You see where I said 'id'? Ok now replace the 'd' with and 'f' in your head, or write it on a piece of paper if need be. Then read through the sentence and try and make some sense out of it. Now.......do you get my point?

Offline Corelian

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 12:09:41 am »
Who gives a fuck about the legality of the issue? They are out of print, and if they are not in the public domain, they should bloody well be.

Well, for example I do. I rather not have those records than obtain them in illegal manner.

I humbly apologize for trying to uphold intelligent conversation.

Holy shit one letter pretty much just ruined the meaning of the post. Okay I'll walk you through this then. You see where I said 'id'? Ok now replace the 'd' with and 'f' in your head, or write it on a piece of paper if need be. Then read through the sentence and try and make some sense out of it. Now.......do you get my point?

No, it still doesn't make sense. Besides pretttty isn't a word in English either.

Lysix

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 12:29:37 am »
This thread seriously fails.