Author Topic: Inspiring music?  (Read 12369 times)

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
Re: Inspiring music?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2006, 09:43:48 pm »
For some reason, music in another language - primarily japanese - seems to help me work better than that with lyrics I understand. Maybe because I'm not focusing on them, and they become another part of the song, instead of the focus. Anyone else noticed this, or am I just crazy? >.<

No, you're not crazy. Dir en Grey for example seems to be excellent music to listen to while I'm working.

Music I'm not familiar with I tend to analyze the song and focus on the lyrics and the meaning.

I can listen to Machinae at work and keep pounding away however, since I know the songs and I know what I get out of them so I can work while simply enjoying the music I'm receiving (if that makes sense).

I know one things for certain, I typically work much better when I'm listening to music. Of course I'm processing claims all day (at work now, in fact)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 01:14:59 am »
Oh well, as long as i can listen in class its all good.
  ;D

Offline SweZor

• Keeper of the SweZword
    • A blog devoid of activity.
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2006, 07:29:01 pm »
I'm a writer, and I have to say that music is one of the main sources of inspiration, sometimes it's the lyrics that gets me, but most times it's the music itself, be it powerfull, sad or just generally awsome.

I've written two short novells (that nobody has ever read), both based on the Halo story (lame, I know), and am currently writing a third, which is my own story.

In the beginning it was Linkin Park that inspired me, but i got over it pretty quickly, now MaSu is my prime source of inspiration.