Author Topic: Inspiring music?  (Read 13493 times)

Offline Aurin

• The Wired
    • aurinsusi.com
Inspiring music?
« on: November 07, 2006, 04:56:07 pm »
Like LionNinja recently asked me, "Aurin, so you like visual stuff?" Betcha sweet ass I do. I don't know how many of you guys & gals take an interest in some creative action, maybe some of you like painting like me, perhaps you're musicians yourself or maybe you like to write stories or poems... whatever.
What I'd like to ask is, does music ever insipire you in your work? If not, why? And if it does, what kind of music or which bands? You could also possibly have a favourite track or lyrics you keep close to your heart, what is it?

Myself I'm totally musically unskilled, but as numerous MaSu's songs, music gives me sometimes very strong "vibes" that make me feel almost utterly visually creative. Sonata Arctica, Wintersun, Mew, ambient music...
I hope I didn't end up sounding too weird, but if you know the feeling of as if everything was rushing into your head at once... You should know what I'm talking about. ;P

And I'm sorry if something as kind-of-lame and such basic as this was posted sometime in the near past, I was just wondering.

Quote from: laser
Who the heck are you?

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: Inspiring music?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 06:54:52 pm »
Like LionNinja recently asked me, "Aurin, so you like visual stuff?" Betcha sweet ass I do. I don't know how many of you guys & gals take an interest in some creative action, maybe some of you like painting like me, perhaps you're musicians yourself or maybe you like to write stories or poems... whatever.
What I'd like to ask is, does music ever insipire you in your work? If not, why? And if it does, what kind of music or which bands? You could also possibly have a favourite track or lyrics you keep close to your heart, what is it?

Myself I'm totally musically unskilled, but as numerous MaSu's songs, music gives me sometimes very strong "vibes" that make me feel almost utterly visually creative. Sonata Arctica, Wintersun, Mew, ambient music...
I hope I didn't end up sounding too weird, but if you know the feeling of as if everything was rushing into your head at once... You should know what I'm talking about. ;P

And I'm sorry if something as kind-of-lame and such basic as this was posted sometime in the near past, I was just wondering.

Yeah music has kept me from insanity for many years but also drove me to it at one point in my life, those were dark days indeed... now a days i listen to very ambient stuff to help me relax, rock to give me an upbeat feeeling in my soul and 'Stomp' music to get me geared up for a night out (good example of 'stomp' music is PowerMan 5000)
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Sativa

• 1337 IRC Whore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 07:05:25 pm »

Yeah music has kept me from insanity for many years but also drove me to it at one point in my life, those were dark days indeed... now a days i listen to very ambient stuff to help me relax, rock to give me an upbeat feeeling in my soul and 'Stomp' music to get me geared up for a night out (good example of 'stomp' music is PowerMan 5000)

AND THIS IS WHAT ITS LIKE WHEN WORLDS COLIDEEEE!

Music gets me inspired and motivated sometimes, It depends what mood i'm in when I listen to it, And also what drugs i'm on.

EDIT - That was an epic phail, My stupid laptop screen is so small I couldn't see the [/quote] at the bottom >:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 08:45:18 pm by Sativa »
"The orange ones fuck you up REAL good"

"We must stop here, this is machinae country!"

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 07:06:02 pm »
Why do people fail so hard sometimes...
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Lysix

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 07:48:49 pm »
Anything classical or instrumental works a treat.

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 08:35:17 pm »
I can't write a thing without some ambient music. Kinda makes exams tricky.
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 08:40:15 pm »
Metal helps me focus.

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 11:00:50 pm »
There are lots of creative things I want to do, but I don't excel much at any of them.

On the other hand, music pretty much controls my life and the state of my mind. Of course, I control what music I listen to, so hah. Music that works this way is my favorite kind, and I always look for it. I generally group music after how they "feel" and not genre or anything else. MaSu is the prime contributor of the "Power" category.
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 02:34:29 am »
I write badly. I listen to music while writing.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 09:16:33 am »
I can only write when inspiration hits, and usually I get hit by inspiration when I can't write.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 08:33:19 pm »
Trez, thats so true.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:37:56 pm by LunarLoki »

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 02:46:11 pm »
Trez*

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 03:41:20 pm »

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 08:38:26 pm »
Fixed ;D

Anyways Lion's posts are 2222, the sign of teh LION!

Lysix

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 08:40:16 pm »