Author Topic: Bored Thread  (Read 42810 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Bored Thread
« on: November 06, 2006, 03:08:02 am »
Ok if it's really unactive in here and there are few people around, i thought this might be a good place to just write down what's on your mind at the time?

Don't be stupid with this thread please, it's good to see what people think about and feel about everything

I'm contemplating going to bed, making food or having another smokey, but i can't decide

Is it best option to go with the 'safer' one, the 'risky' one or the possible 'life shattering' one? (these do not refer to what i previously said, although they could..)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 03:09:50 am by LionNinja »
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
Re: Bored Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 03:17:59 am »
Listen to the moon. That's what I always do. It's beautiful full moon outside on the cloudless sky. Yeah. Listen to the moon.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 04:42:00 am »
Waiting for my girlfriend to call me... she hates these little family outings that her parents drag her on.

I could appreciate this Japanese music so much more if I could only understand what the singer was actually singing. I love his voice, though. I wish I could sing like that.

I have no motivation to do any homework right now. This powerpoint project should have taken me ten minutes to do, but I keep procrastinating. Why can't I just make myself do it? Am I lacking that much discipline?

And what about that essay for the college application? I really don't wanna do that. But I have to. I can't half-ass it, either, because the essay is what's going to get me into the schools I'm looking at.

Found out today that I lost another ten pounds since the beginning of the school year. Ten more and I'll be at the perfect weight for my body type. I need my license to go to the gym, though. Crap. Still need to practice. Eighteen years old, and I still don't have the damn thing. Should've had it two years ago. Bah. Hm. Maybe I can ride my bike. That'd be cold in the winter, though.

Work tomorrow. Band practice Tuesday. No school Friday, but I still have to work. "Welcome to adulthood," my dad says. Can't even have a day off anymore... they're always on work days. Well, maybe they'll let me take it off.

I enjoy "stream of consciousness" writing.  :)
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 07:55:48 am »
wondering about work really. i woke up this morning and i felt so terrible. my medication is really messing with my head and i started crying. i got on the bus to go to work and as soon as i got to work i forgot about everything at home. i try desperately to be nice and happy at work. because if i have to be there, i might as well try to make it enjoyable.
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline H

• Gamer. Guitarist. Slacker.
    • My site
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 09:33:35 am »
i try desperately to be nice and happy at work. because if i have to be there, i might as well try to make it enjoyable.

Wise words indeed. I wish everyone thought the same as you. Then maybe work wouldn't suck anymore :(

So I'm sitting here, in front of my computer, & there's a bit of rain coming down. The silence in the apartment allows me to enjoy the rain as it hits the sidewalk just outside my window.

The random lightning flashes are neat too...tho they make me worry, as I do have some important guitar-related stuff that I am working on right now. The last thing I need is to be in the middle of this project & have the damn computer crash on me because of a stray lighting bolt knocking out all my power.

The rain doesn't seem to be coming down hard enough for that tho, so I think I'm safe.

Other than that, sitting here enjoying the calmness all around is a nice change from how hectic work has been lately (tho I needn't worry about that anymore, anyway...)

If it stays rainy all day tomorrow, I am going to be in a really good mood :)

Here's hoping.

* H goes back to project
[Comfort the disturbed. Disturb the comfortable]
Crownus

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 12:56:37 pm »
Sitting in a computing class, with work I know I should be doing sitting in another window, and wondering if more discipline would be a good thing.
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 01:51:37 pm »
FUCK! i bought mouthwash for my labret piercing.. and fuckfuckfuck. BURNS LIKE MINTY FIRE

hey it contains alcohol. *ponders drinking it*
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Sativa

• 1337 IRC Whore
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 03:18:35 pm »
FUCK! i bought mouthwash for my labret piercing.. and fuckfuckfuck. BURNS LIKE MINTY FIRE

hey it contains alcohol. *ponders drinking it*

It would be cheaper to buy some vodka though.....
"The orange ones fuck you up REAL good"

"We must stop here, this is machinae country!"

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 03:20:43 pm »
Sitting at my desk in work, on my lunch hour. Feeling kinda ill, think I ate too much tuna mayo. Might throw the rest of my butties away, my stomach is really churning :S

Just another day at work, anyway. I'm doing lots of filing today, so I have to take the occasional "loo-break" where I dissapear for 10mins or so to listen to some music on my new iPod. (i'm not allowed to listen to music while filing! gah.)

Just pondering wether to jump over to the BF2142 forums, I'm a pretty high rank now on that game so I feel a sort of need to go and help newer players.

...Or just kill them all, that way I get more points. Hmm. I hate work, I wanna play games instead.

I hope my new mouse arrives today. I ordered a Logitech G5 on the 27th of October, the amazon receipt says it should be delivered between the 1st and the 15th of November. Bastards - the name of the store I ordered them from was "pixmania_uk" but it turns out they're delivering my mouse from France. Also turns out I cant get an english manual for it, but I have to download one in PDF format. I hope the weight cartridges arent all frenchified or something, and I just know the instructions etc on the casing will all be French. Gah. I wouldve been better off getting off my arse and buying one from a store. Shame no stores really sell them around here, since its purely a gaming mouse, and most stores only stock commercial mice.

It is a very nice mouse; I cant wait to try it out. Has some nice features, like its a real laser instead of an optical mouse, the mousewheel ontop scrolls left and right as well as up and down, it has a weight cartridge so you can adjust the mouse to your exact preferences in weight, huge teflon feet pads on the bottom of the mouse, and it has a little dial to show what setting your sensitivity is at.

Shame they took a button off though. They said too many gamers accidentally clicked the mouse5 (thumb forward) button on the MX518, so they took it off and moved the mouse4 (thumb backward) button a bit higher on the mouse. Apparently the mousewheel is "homosexual" as I read in one review, because it juts out of the mouse and gets in the way.
I dunno, I'll have to see for myself.

I think its unfair that everyone else in the office gets radios in their offices, but since I'm out in the corridor with all the filing cabinets, I cant have a radio out here, nor can I listen to music on my iPod. I keep saying music will boost my productivity and I'll get this filing done quicker, but they wont listen.

Gah. I want to go home and play BF2142. I want that Voss L-AR rifle.

Yeah, train-of-thought posts rule. I could type for hours.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 04:55:03 pm »
School... is mindless.

The only stimulation I get is from my friend Tom. We talk about philosophy.

I need to do my English homework in Web Design class, but we actually have to do something today, so I guess I won't be doing it.

I want to be home, playing guitar. Or actually having fun with one of the two games I dropped $120 on two Sundays ago, but haven't been able to play. How the fuck am I ever going to play Gears of War?

Blah.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Warrior Bob

• Rock.
    • The Fighting dot org
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 06:51:32 pm »
Homework.  Seems like that's all I ever do.

Time to take a break and check the forums :)

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 07:45:46 pm »
Musing on the nature of secrets we want people to know, and getting distracted by that bloody MSWord paperclip.
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 01:11:14 am »
Uni is demanding a whole lot of my time. I do math all day. Barely time for other things.
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 01:46:38 am »
Tonight I am shitting myself, for the following reasons.

1) I have to return to production on my feature length film this week. We're really up against the wire here, trying to get a time when everyone is free is incredibly difficult and I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever get this thing finished. It scares me to think that people gave up so much of their time and about £10,000 worth of equipment to make a film that, technically, I am in charge of. This is probably the most responsibility I have ever had and if I screw it up I'll be devastated. We're so close now, I just want it to be over so I can hand it off to the editor and not have to worry about it for a while.

2) My novel. My novel is coming along relatively well, but the deadline for submission to the Helene Du Coudrey Undergraduate novel prize is on the 3rd of January, and I just don't know if I can have it finished by then. I think it would be a real shame if I didn't enter, but I just don't know if I have to time to finish it and make it half decent!

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 01:50:17 am »
Just wanted to say thanks for not abusing this thread and it's nice to see what you are all thinking, gives a good insight as to who you are

I gotta work tomorrow, i'm starting to dread it now abit because i have to get up and do something, which i don't mind so much, it's just that Tottenham beat Chelsea this weekend and my boss supports Tottenham and i support Arsenal (who also lost this weekend) so i'm going to be hearing it all day tomorrow from him

I need to stop drinking soon if i want to live past 19, but it's fun to just do random shit and have an excuse as to why i do :<
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner