Author Topic: Wich games to get (PC)  (Read 7568 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re: Wich games to get (PC)
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 05:01:28 pm »
Isnt XIII only for PS2?

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 05:09:40 pm »
Nopes, multiplatform.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2007, 05:17:47 pm »
Nopes, multiplatform.

Ah. Couldnt find any torrents for PC.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007, 07:36:41 pm »

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2007, 12:03:58 am »
Command & Conquer Red Alert (again, the old one, not the shitty sequal)

Red Alert 2 was even better than the original, so I'll recommend the whole First Decade pack of C&C.

Epic bullshit. Red Alert 2 was a fucking /horrible/ sequal and destroyed everything great about the orginal and in general pissed all over C&C.

And hey, looks like C&C Tiberium Wars is going to do the same thing except without the retarded humour that ruined the story in RA2. Instead they will ruin it with LETS IGNORE ALL CANON AND JUST DO WHATEVER WE WANT BECAUSE WE AT EA KNOW WHATS BEST!

No comment on the Tiberium series, I never liked them that much.

Alrighty, then, what was so bad about RA2?

Everything. The whole not serious lame humour thing and shitty acting in the cutscenes compared to the orginal destroyed any chance of a good enjoyable singleplayer campaign. The cartoony graphics didn't help and the far fetched and unrealistic units and silly crap like that. They reused the engine from TS and it runs like utter shit with more than a few units/structures no matter what hardware you have and is the soul reason for the tiny crappy maps as they tried to hide how bad it performs under the whole 'its a fast paced game with no need for large maps' bs. While there was still good music from Frank Klepacki the soundtrack had alot of rather boring and uninteresting songs despite being very few songs to begin with compared to TD/RA where every single song out of the large pile of songs was awesome.

I personally absolutely loved RA2, it was brilliant fun multiplayer, i still play it at the occasional LAN party.

I didn't care about the multiplayer; I'm there for the story and fun gameplay first and formost and thats what they screwed ever so bad. As for multiplayer I dispise anything with small maps. The orginal had endless multiplayer value for my friends and I as we played it between 1997 and 2004 pretty much every night. As for RA2? We played it for a bit, hated it, went back to RA and TD.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 12:05:57 am by Ankle »
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester