Author Topic: A BRUSH WITH DEATH!!  (Read 13026 times)

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
A BRUSH WITH DEATH!!
« on: November 02, 2006, 05:40:05 pm »
today i got knocked off my bike by a car. it was actually kind of fun. my bike flew out from under me and landed in a crumpled heap, while i just neatly landed on my arse. all i have to show for my troubles is a tiny bruise on my left arse cheek, and that's rapidly dissapearing. Do you guys think there's a chance i might be invincible? I've never broken a bone in my body. I'm considering throwing myself out the window to see what happens. Should I?

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: A BRUSH WITH DEATH!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 05:43:36 pm »
today i got knocked off my bike by a car. it was actually kind of fun. my bike flew out from under me and landed in a crumpled heap, while i just neatly landed on my arse. all i have to show for my troubles is a tiny bruise on my left arse cheek, and that's rapidly dissapearing. Do you guys think there's a chance i might be invincible? I've never broken a bone in my body. I'm considering throwing myself out the window to see what happens. Should I?

Make a Poll ;D

And yes i think you should, would be interesting to see how badly you injure yourself :)

I have had a few brushes with death in my time, two that stand out are when i was left one my own when i was 3, i got this on video tape too btw, i nearly chocked on some ice cream and because my parents left the camera running and buggered off to see what i do no-one was round to help me until i was next to death and my brother walked in. Another time when I was 4 i ran across the road and got hit badly by a van, i only came out with some bruises though because when you are young you are more 'bouncy' because bones haven't been fully developed yet.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 05:48:03 pm by LionNinja »
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Sativa

• 1337 IRC Whore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 06:15:50 pm »
I'm considering throwing myself out the window to see what happens. Should I?

You need a video camera inside and outside. Will be brilliant  ;D
"The orange ones fuck you up REAL good"

"We must stop here, this is machinae country!"

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 06:41:09 pm »

Only if you film it and put it on youtube

MDX

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 07:19:22 pm »

LOL too long to put in my sig tho. sorry.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 09:11:27 pm »
I have a similar story, before I had my car. I was riding to a friends house and I got hit by a car on this school zone road, it really trashed my bike, nearly broke my helmet, but I was fine, and on the way back I got hit AGAIN on the same road this time killing my bike and my helmet but yet again I was fine.

Apt and I are gods among men!

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 09:17:52 pm »

Maybe you're like the cheerleader in Heroes (TV show)... try it!

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 10:14:53 pm »

I'm in the same boat. (Though I wasn't on a bike when I was hit by a car.)

Do it. If you survive I might consider it for myself ;)
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 10:17:29 pm »
My friend was hit by a truck and woke up in the back (the bed or whatever you call it) and the truck was driving still. xD Sorry Apt we're stealin your spotlight. :P

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 12:34:55 am »
Maybe you're like the cheerleader in Heroes (TV show)... try it!

Good show. Well... nothing special... but pretty good. and I have to say, i DO look good in a cheerleader uniform thing. it's all starting to add up now...

cloudstrifex: i posted the thread in random for a reason :P i hereby make this thread... THE THREAD IN WHICH WE SHARE OUR NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES!! (but only if they're amusing)

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 12:40:59 am »
An amusing one i had was when i was skateboarding and we made a homemade ramp, you had to ollie onto the ramp to go up it ;e

So after 3 or 4 times trying it i was like "Ok, watch me pop-shove it onto the ramp then kickflip off"
so i tried to pop-shove it onto the ramp, but i failed and i fell UP the ramp ALL the way, while also tearing my arms, legs and face on nails :< and reached the top and dropped a few feet on my head, it wasn't that life threatening but i came out of badly torn up ;_;
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 01:14:42 am »
I was around paint thinner fumes for a while a few days ago.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 01:15:37 am »
I was around paint thinner fumes for a while a few days ago.

That's not FUNNY! That's EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!! WHAT IF YOU GOT YOURSELF KILLED!!!!!

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 01:17:35 am »
I'm sorry.  :'( I'll treasure my life from now on.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Ant

• Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 01:18:57 am »
I'm sorry.  :'( I'll treasure my life from now on.

It's ok just...be more careful next time pls :< I treasure you and if you died... i wouldn't know what to do ;_;