Author Topic: Machinae Supremacy Contest (For fans in Finland)  (Read 5430 times)

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
Re: Machinae Supremacy Contest (For fans in Finland)
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 03:17:11 am »
moar!!!

if i were that proficient in french, i'd be a happy dude.

if I were that proficient in finnish i'd be really confused, as I've never studied it. But i do have an affinity for the finno-ugric languages...

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 03:44:13 am »
That was a really good translation! I wish I was that good in Spanish. :P

Offline Zombie With Style

• Sleep and fade away for I've got the style!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 10:25:01 am »
wow, keep going. Thats a great translation.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 11:16:42 am »
The keyboard player Andreas "Gordon" Gerdin was still confused about the band's extraordinary lifespan.

So Gordon didn't believe in machinae world domination from day one? Heresy!  :P

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 12:31:35 pm »
Thanks a lot, Aurin. :)
And for sure, I want MOAR. :D
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

klegak age at 18 isthe shit poh oh oah happy newyear

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 10:29:22 pm »
@Aurin:

Just applauded you, great translation!
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 03:56:18 am »
Moar, Aurin <3

Offline Aurin

• The Wired
    • aurinsusi.com
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 06:49:42 pm »
Sweet! Thanks everyone! :3
I think I'll try to translate two or three questions and answers every day starting tomorrow, so expect for the whole review to be translated in a week or so. I'll post it here or give linkage when I'm done, we'll see then.

Quote from: laser
Who the heck are you?

Offline Welc

• QWTF
    • welc.net
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 01:46:12 pm »
I fking hate the use of language in this. Some of it might look stupid translated - trust me, it looks every bit as stupid in Finnish, too. And ffs, what's with the killer length paragraphs.

Sorry Aurin if you already translated some of this. :I

It's 2006 and Machinae Supremacy is finally evolving from an underground to a recording band, so the atmosphere in the band must be to that effect?

I really can't put our enthusiasm into words! We have believed in this for such a long time and done an unbelievably lot of work, so at this point things like having a record deal and publishing an album should be somewhat obvious, but we've been trembling because of this for quite some time now. Of course, we are expecting a lot, and maybe too much from Redeemer - we surely won't reach such a level that we want Machinae Supremacy to achieve. I'm absolutely not refering to fame and glory with this, but to a chance to have gigs and see the fans. It's the kind of thing we're aiming for the most with this recording and other activity. If it wasn't for that, we could just continue publishing records in the Internet and so on. It wouldn't prevent us from making music, but having gigs requires this and you just have to live with it. Already at this point, thanks belong to our listeners! Your help has been enormous!

For many Finns, Machinae Supremacy can be pretty unfamiliar name despite their six year career, so it might be best to start from the beginning and look over the band's history in short.

Will do! Machinae Supremacy got started in 2000, when Jonne, Robert and Kahl got to know each other, and before long they we're working together and a band project called Machinae Supremacy began to take form. As I recall, at that point it wasn't clear at all what kind of music Machinae Supremacy would play, but we had our little premonitions. Finally skills began to improve and through that they found their interests, from hardrock and rock to metal, and of course the often mentioned video game influences, that came by almost accidentally. Machinae Supremacy's music started to spread through the Internet. In the beginning of 2001, me and Tobbe joined the group, and our inspirations only got more accelerated. Already by the end of 2001, tens of thousands of people had downloaded our songs from our pages. This was the beginning that got us moving steadily towards recordings, even though there were some problems.

How did Machinae Supremacy advance to the current situation from these weird but nonetheless ingenious basis, by which the band rose to wide recognition like a rocket?

The situation began to develop towards the current when Tomas replaced Tobbe in spring 2002 and the band found a lineup that played together even better than before. We went out to try gigging and played abroad for the first time, on Back In Time Live festival in London, and we also visited the Assembly event in Finland. Again, videos and recordings started to spread all over the web and at this point it was clear that the project would have to be taken all the way to recording level. This resulted in some more gigs, new web pages and finally in 2003 Deus Ex Machinae and Jets'n'Guns Original Soundtrack projects. On these records we made music on our own style, both the actual music of the band and compositions specifically meant for the game, and that's where it finally begun from. I can't even tell you all the stuff that has happened, but in these past six years, we have had to learn so much of how to work in a studio as we record almost everything at home. In addition to this, we have tried to evolve constantly. It seems that we are moving in an even better direction now, as we got the record deal and things start to grow again. Of course, this has also been affected by Jonas joining the band after Kahl left in summmer 2005, when our bands current lineup was confirmed.

Offline Akiman

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 01:59:55 pm »
Only one day left! Move on and send your answers now!

Offline Aurin

• The Wired
    • aurinsusi.com
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 04:16:36 pm »
Sorry Aurin if you already translated some of this. :I

If I had the power, I'd frickin' rip off all your precious karma right now and drag it down to the absolute zero and even further. I hope at least my pitch black aura won't go to waste.

Well, you might as well want to translate the rest of the interview, I've got lots of other stuff to do anyways. -.-

* is cooperative

Quote from: laser
Who the heck are you?