Author Topic: Bereavement  (Read 11299 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: Bereavement
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 05:55:57 pm »
My father died 3weeks ago.

Wich im having peace with, its a lot to cope.
I just do my things and moving on i guess..
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 05:57:54 pm by Radicz0r »

MDX

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 07:17:28 pm »
Death isnt as uncommon as people once thought it was, its quite real in everybodys life. I wouldnt say its better not to be sheltered from it, cause experience is a killer too.

(emotionally)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 07:40:48 pm »
A long time ago my mom lost a cousin in Virginia; had a wife and kids, and just went out to his backyard and blew his brains out. I lost my great-grandmother not too long after, but I was so young it never really impacted me. I remember my mom crying on both occasions, and just watching her and wondering what was going on. My first few real memories, actually.

First time I cried over a death was when I found out my hamster had died. Then again when the second died (they lived in the same container). After that I never cried. I felt sad, but I never cried. We had given away my favorite cat a few years earlier because my mother had allergies, and I bawled for hours over that, but when I found out she had died years later, I only felt some sadness, and missed her.

Just a month ago my great-aunt died. This was my first real experience with someone dying and being coherent enough to realize it. I was never very close to her; it was odd hearing all about her life at the funeral and it all being new to me. It was a strange feeling knowing I'd never see her again, and that I'll never get the chance to know her, now. She's just... gone.

I have had several occasions dealing with people close to me who almost died, by their own account. I those were very painful to me, knowing that they were on the brink of completely disappearing from my life forever, and feeling almost helpless about it. One can only talk in circles so much until feeling like no more can be done.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 09:32:02 pm »
I was literally holding my grandmother's hand when she passed away about five years ago.

I didn't really cry for her, I knew it was a gentle passing.  How can you be in pain when you're on a morphine drip? She just took a deep breath, let out some tears and that was it.  It took all of 3 seconds.

Lost a cousin to suicide.  He took his father's gun and went to the beach and shot himself..

But what hit me hard was loosing a 26 year old friend to complications of a heart transplant just a few years ago.

and then there were various pets in my life.

*sings a bit of flaming lips*

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 09:35:21 pm by Bearfoot »
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 02:38:54 am »
I've only really lost one person close to me. That was one of my great grandmothers. Our house (that is, my parents house) was built on her land, so she lived as our neighbour for the first maybe seven or eight years of my life. Then, she moved to a home for the elderly, half a kilometer away. This happened to be the neighbour of one of my best friends. So I visited her, well, almost daily. Often, when my mother was at work, or sleeping (she was a nurse, and when she worked night shifts, she slept far out into the day), I used to go down to her after school. Or she would come up to us and watch us. I think she died when I was 12, though I'm actually not completely sure. I remember my mother more or less telling me that she would probably die soon, and suggested that I'd go down and visit her. I remember that day. She was bedridden, but still completely clear of mind. I just sat there and talked with her, and in hindsight, I'm really happy I did. I think that if I hadn't, I would feel that I lacked closure. Especially as when she was admitted to the hospital later that week, I was not allowed to go visit her (or, well, my mother told me that she didn't want me to do so. Apparantly, her condition had deterioated a lot over the last couple of days).

Then, that saturday, I think, four days after I had visited her, she died. Me and my siblings were gathered with our dad in our living room. The phone rang, and our dad answered. I already knew what the call was about. She was dead.

I didn't actually cry. Not there and then, at least. I was prepared, I knew that she did not have much time left when last I met her. Still, it stung to hear my father say the words. Though I hardly remember anything but still scenes of her anymore, thinking of it all still make me sad. I still miss her, in many ways.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2006, 08:46:03 am »
i've never had anything bad happen to me so far in my life, at 20 years.

no loved ones lost, no close pets, no bad relationships... nothing
I haven't cried since I was 7.

the first time something happens it's going to murder me... hard.

Offline Sativa

• 1337 IRC Whore
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2006, 09:44:38 am »
My good friend Byron (aka. Shiny)  died a few nights ago.

R.I.P Shiny
"The orange ones fuck you up REAL good"

"We must stop here, this is machinae country!"

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 07:08:13 pm »
My squirrel Frazzles got in the freezer 2 nights ago when we didn't know it. My mom opened the freezer in the morning and well....you know. Poor Frazzles. :(

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 07:13:19 pm »
My squirrel Frazzles got in the freezer 2 nights ago when we didn't know it. My mom opened the freezer in the morning and well....you know. Poor Frazzles. :(

You OWNED a squirrel? wtf? how did you tame it? :/
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 07:14:47 pm »
Yeah we gave him acorns and stuff and he could do tricks. He just somehow knew to go to the bathroom in his litter box.

Lysix

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 07:16:27 pm »
Death isnt as uncommon as people once thought it was, its quite real in everybodys life.

(emotionally)

This is pretty true. I mean, some people think that they're never going to experience the death of someone close to them. With everything you see on TV and in magazines now it's becoming a common factor in almost everyones lives.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 08:04:59 pm »

And if you need me I check the forums here almost daily.

That goes for you too, Sativa.  You may be a new member of the Machinae family, but you're still a member.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 08:05:40 pm »
I know a trap when i see one...
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Lysix

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 08:06:12 pm »
And if you don't happen to see it?

Offline Sativa

• 1337 IRC Whore
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2006, 09:08:34 pm »

And if you need me I check the forums here almost daily.

That goes for you too, Sativa.  You may be a new member of the Machinae family, but you're still a member.

Gotta love decent people eh <3

* Sativa curses at the other nasty nazi forums he is on
"The orange ones fuck you up REAL good"

"We must stop here, this is machinae country!"