Author Topic: Bereavement  (Read 11648 times)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
Re: Bereavement
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2006, 11:40:42 pm »
in his defence the kid was only 7 at the time, but yes. it makes me cringe when i see young kids with pets.

Yep same here. If the kid is naturally hyper or just doesn't understand the concept of something being delicate, I always cringe when I see a kid with a pet. You have to wonder what the parents were thinking when they got the kid that pet.

i won't even pretend to cough...

IggMaN
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2006, 10:29:50 am »
Ooouuuch, I'm sorry man. Sounds pretty gruesome..

It was as I said, horrifying. It was a garage door in sections and the cat was on top of the car and when we back out the cat tried to jump though the door and got smashed in the middle of it, we didn't know till we came back home, and was greeted with the sight....

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2006, 09:09:08 pm »
Poor cat.. :(

Poor you...:(
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2006, 09:50:38 pm »
Eep. My dead pets...

- Cat that ran out in the street and got hit by a car (parents told me it ran away). It hated me, though, so I didn't mind much. >>
- My favorite cat, choked on a hairball and died after we had given it away because my mom was allergic to fur. I cried when we gave her away. Kind of shitty end for her, I think.
- My dog Max, who was allergic to something in our house (some kind of spore?). He slowly started losing his fur, and we had to put him down. =/
- 6 dwarf hamsters. 3 sets of two. First set was two males, bought at different times, before anyone had told us they couldn't be together. They killed each other.
Second was a male and a female, but the female was much bigger than the male, and beat him up constantly. Eventually she killed (...and ate..) him, and then she died of a tumor. Served her right, methinks.  :P
The last two, two girls, were absolutely wonderful. Given to me by my aunt because she couldn't keep them. One got a cold, though, and died. =/ I remember holding her, and it was just so pitiful. Barely moved, just... slept. Then went to sleep one day, and just didn't wake up.
The last one, thankfully, died in peace. She was just old, and went in her sleep about a year and a half after the other one.

Right now I'm taking care of two more dwarves (two females... my sister's. We're renovating her tiny little room, so they have to be kept in mine) and they're the most energetic little hamsters I've ever seen. They're always so excited when I'm near their cage; they jump up on the glass and scratch at it, then run around on the wheel (both of them try to run on it at the same time) then run around their little houses... I'm going to miss them.  :-\
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2006, 10:24:25 pm »
Jeezuss your house is a fucking slaughterhouse

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2006, 12:11:47 am »
Jeezuss your house is a fucking slaughterhouse

Insightful as always, Rad.  :P
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2006, 04:51:10 am »
o_O holy christ. for the love of god, dont get anymore pets!
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2006, 05:11:48 am »
I'm sorry, Harv. But damn. Although i know, if you're going to get small pets like, ffs DWARF HAMSTERS. Hell yes you can expect them to die pretty soon if you're not going to watch out. Even without accidents their have not a very long life expectancy.

Its just not a good idea. Cat's are REALLY fragile,but they tend to be smart so that's a given. But, cat's don't listen. And cat's aren't smarter than humans, so if a human tells a DOG, for instance to do something, they do it. And that's why dogs live longer.

Yeah, its offtopic. But all im saying is, if you're not good dealing with losses, either don't get a pet or get one wich will live longer.

Note : No offenses meaned by this post. All rights devoured.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2006, 01:37:49 am »
I'm sorry, Harv. But damn. Although i know, if you're going to get small pets like, ffs DWARF HAMSTERS. Hell yes you can expect them to die pretty soon if you're not going to watch out. Even without accidents their have not a very long life expectancy.

Its just not a good idea. Cat's are REALLY fragile,but they tend to be smart so that's a given. But, cat's don't listen. And cat's aren't smarter than humans, so if a human tells a DOG, for instance to do something, they do it. And that's why dogs live longer.

Yeah, its offtopic. But all im saying is, if you're not good dealing with losses, either don't get a pet or get one wich will live longer.

Note : No offenses meaned by this post. All rights devoured.

Not sure if that was directed at me? I never said I was tremendously sad over the hamsters or anything. Obviously I cried when the dog died, because he was my first pet. When the cat I loved died, that was years after we gave it away, so I was kind of oblivious to it by then.

But yeah, unless you buy something that lives forever (parrot, tortoise, koi, whatever), death is just part of the package. A sad part... but a part.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2006, 01:48:24 am »
Hurr..

Nah not really.

I was just ranting, and i just meant people in general.

har har ;)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2006, 01:54:23 am »
'Kay. No offence taken.  :D

So... anyone bereaving those people who died buying PS3s?

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2006, 02:27:46 am »
i chuckled :<
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2006, 02:34:46 am »
Cats and dogs live pretty much about as long in my experience. Of our 3 cats, 2 have lived to well past 10 years, and one of those are still alive. The third died early from some disease. Dogs have a natural life expectancy of not more than 14 years, barring accidents, if I remember correctly, and cats slightly longer. Cats are more prone to accidents, though, as they usually run free, while dogs are most often leashed, or at least walked by their owner.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2006, 03:43:20 am »
Cats and dogs live pretty much about as long in my experience. Of our 3 cats, 2 have lived to well past 10 years, and one of those are still alive. The third died early from some disease. Dogs have a natural life expectancy of not more than 14 years, barring accidents, if I remember correctly, and cats slightly longer. Cats are more prone to accidents, though, as they usually run free, while dogs are most often leashed, or at least walked by their owner.

eighteen years if you get all the proper shots according to Cat fancy.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2006, 01:51:37 pm »
'Kay. No offence taken.  :D

So... anyone bereaving those people who died buying PS3s?
I think its fucked man, what if you're spending your saved money on a ps3 for your kid for christmas, and you get killed for it ?