Author Topic: The YouTube (and other random videos) thread  (Read 311005 times)

Offline slippy0

• ┐('~`ï¼›)┌
Re: The YouTube (and other random videos) thread
« Reply #1005 on: October 23, 2009, 07:42:05 pm »
http://vimeo.com/7012935

Can someone please explain how in the fucking world they did that? I am a woman, therefore, I have no knowledge of the outside world.

The videos that are being painted amuse me. If I was a man, I would totally grow some scruff and lick Popsicle sensually.

It's just light graffiti... basically, imagine you have a laptop and a projector with a transparent image being projected on a wall; on the laptop is a video or an image. Through the use of sensors the people with the "rollers" are essentially telling the program on the laptop where to "paint" the image in the projection, which makes it look like it's being painted on the wall. When they're all done it just resets and they start over. It's like a giant MS Paint screen projected on the wall.

What he worded.

ok, here you go

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhx_G8fvbNs[/youtube]

WITHOUT BEING HOSTILE, here's come C&C

1. The intro is still overcharted, at the least overchorded. I think I hear a break between every few chords which you chose to do as a single note, which I can kind of hear but think its the 2nd guitar. I don't know there, so that's fine. But the drum fill at the end of the intro is still overcharted. I'm pretty sure thats just one chord repeated a bunch of times, or possibly 3 triplets, but definitely not a whole mess of notes with chords thrown in.
2. In the following section, you took out too many notes, but still left too much. Here's what I mean: There's clearly notes in between each chord, you had that mostly right in your previous video. however, there are still points where you have 2 chords in extremely close succession when I think there's pretty clearly only one note.
Now looking at your chord choices, in just one small section the song goes between 2 chords back and forth. however, you still chorded them as many different chords. EG. GRY, GRB (that part is fine), but then GY. For no apparent reason you decided to take out a string/button/whatever on a chord that very clearly sounds exactly the same as the GRY chord. This problem persists throughout the chart, not just in this area, and not just with chords.
3. On the word "Away" in the next section, you have a slide up and down. It's just a chord, no need for all those notes. Also in this section, you have a few (but only a few) parts where what sounds to be a single chord broken up into 2 strums. eg

R--- R--------------                               R---------------------
Y--- Y--------------    instead of just  Y---------------------

4."Don't you know...." section, more notes that sound exactly the same that you've charted with different frettings.
5. The slide at the end, sure you can do slides as a bunch of notes, I don't like it, but people do it. However, the slide is very clearly just descending, not going down, hanging around, doing a loop-de-loop and going back up again. Stick to doing a simple O-B-Y-R-G slide.
6.THE SOLO. Oh god the solo... It sounds like a few discrete notes, it is a few discrete notes. Its not a section of constant shredding. It should go AT MOST half the speed, and there aren't any chords. Its just two guitars at once in harmony, not chords.
7. This is just a pet-peeve. In the little diddy after the solo, it ends on one held note that shifts halfway to a higher note. You did that shift as a trill, it is just another note, not 5.
8. Quiet section. I can't really make out the guitar here, but it sound about right. Good job.
9. The fast section. Okay, first I'm pretty sure you're going about 2x fast here, maybe 1.5, either way, it seems waaaaay too fast. Second: there's no reason for the triplet+singlet deal, its a constant rhythm of alternate strumming.

I think that's it.
See why Massachusetts rocks? We have Slippy <.<

Offline LymphoCite_T

• SiteDeveloper
    • visit me at youtube!
« Reply #1006 on: October 23, 2009, 08:12:20 pm »
WITHOUT BEING HOSTILE, here's come C&C

1. The intro is still overcharted, at the least overchorded. I think I hear a break between every few chords which you chose to do as a single note, which I can kind of hear but think its the 2nd guitar. I don't know there, so that's fine. But the drum fill at the end of the intro is still overcharted. I'm pretty sure thats just one chord repeated a bunch of times, or possibly 3 triplets, but definitely not a whole mess of notes with chords thrown in.
2. In the following section, you took out too many notes, but still left too much. Here's what I mean: There's clearly notes in between each chord, you had that mostly right in your previous video. however, there are still points where you have 2 chords in extremely close succession when I think there's pretty clearly only one note.
Now looking at your chord choices, in just one small section the song goes between 2 chords back and forth. however, you still chorded them as many different chords. EG. GRY, GRB (that part is fine), but then GY. For no apparent reason you decided to take out a string/button/whatever on a chord that very clearly sounds exactly the same as the GRY chord. This problem persists throughout the chart, not just in this area, and not just with chords.
3. On the word "Away" in the next section, you have a slide up and down. It's just a chord, no need for all those notes. Also in this section, you have a few (but only a few) parts where what sounds to be a single chord broken up into 2 strums. eg

R--- R--------------                               R---------------------
Y--- Y--------------    instead of just  Y---------------------
approved as constructive criticism.

4."Don't you know...." section, more notes that sound exactly the same that you've charted with different frettings.
i hear difference, so let it stay "as is".

5. The slide at the end, sure you can do slides as a bunch of notes, I don't like it, but people do it. However, the slide is very clearly just descending, not going down, hanging around, doing a loop-de-loop and going back up again. Stick to doing a simple O-B-Y-R-G slide.
6.THE SOLO. Oh god the solo... It sounds like a few discrete notes, it is a few discrete notes. Its not a section of constant shredding. It should go AT MOST half the speed, and there aren't any chords. Its just two guitars at once in harmony, not chords.
eh, i knew somebody will notice this is harmony...

7. This is just a pet-peeve. In the little diddy after the solo, it ends on one held note that shifts halfway to a higher note. You did that shift as a trill, it is just another note, not 5.
8. Quiet section. I can't really make out the guitar here, but it sound about right. Good job.
imposible, is it?
(btw. i hardly hear this section too  ;D ;D ;D)
9. The fast section. Okay, first I'm pretty sure you're going about 2x fast here, maybe 1.5, either way, it seems waaaaay too fast. Second: there's no reason for the triplet+singlet deal, its a constant rhythm of alternate strumming.
my ears don't agree.
I think that's it.

it was VERY helpful. thx, man.

now i'll do my best to erase my faults.
:):):)

Offline slippy0

• ┐('~`ï¼›)┌
« Reply #1007 on: October 23, 2009, 11:37:02 pm »
Okay, I'm mostly done arguing the accuracy of this chart... honestly, its a little beyond hope save a complete restart. Watching it again their are just so many regions where the pitch doesn't agree to the fretting choice, and the rhythm doesn't look like it matches in more places than I said.

You're on your own.

Offline slippy0

• ┐('~`ï¼›)┌
« Reply #1008 on: October 24, 2009, 08:03:09 am »
Well, might as well post this then
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pt0Cf6tgEM[/youtube]

It's not so great, its my first song, and it's really not a good song for DDR. I can't really make the slow part any more interesting, and cutting it out ruins the song. Also it was a terrible run, but I blame that on FRAPS.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #1009 on: October 25, 2009, 07:11:57 am »
AHHHH.....ERR....CRAB BATTLE!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/239227

(old but gold)

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #1010 on: November 01, 2009, 07:51:26 pm »
Old finnish rock classic in english

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U28aQdKf8TI
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #1011 on: November 06, 2009, 02:09:11 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHKHW4j0Kc&annotation_id=annotation_356281&feature=iv[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkHb98P6nNg&annotation_id=annotation_549276&feature=iv[/youtube]

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #1012 on: November 17, 2009, 08:26:12 am »
For Iron Maiden and/or harp fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_vbdxwI5Ck
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #1013 on: November 23, 2009, 07:48:05 pm »
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!