Author Topic: The YouTube (and other random videos) thread  (Read 264242 times)

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
Re: The YouTube thread
« Reply #480 on: September 04, 2007, 03:15:14 pm »
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=IYi0T99vmkI

this video is fucking hilarious.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #481 on: September 04, 2007, 06:31:15 pm »
I spent a few hours today looking up parkour-videos on youtube. I thought I'd share some of the best ones with you.

The first one. Not really parkour, but... This guy can move. The guy in the second one isn't so bad himself. In fact, he's really goddamn good. I didn't think I'd be able to find anything better on youtube until --HOLY FUCK!! Just look at the flow.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #482 on: September 04, 2007, 07:33:37 pm »
FELINE! DISRESPECT! FROM! BEHIND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7XkLvhlxHU
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #483 on: September 04, 2007, 09:28:57 pm »
I spent a few hours today looking up parkour-videos on youtube. I thought I'd share some of the best ones with you.

The first one. Not really parkour, but... This guy can move. The guy in the second one isn't so bad himself. In fact, he's really goddamn good. I didn't think I'd be able to find anything better on youtube until --HOLY FUCK!! Just look at the flow.

First guy, nah. Way too much fancy stuff. The two others, however, had some good skills.

Of course, this opinion is coloured by my disrespect for fancy stuff that has no effect, from my years in martial arts. Though I do not practice it, parkour is a sport/art that fits well with my opinion of how such a thing is supposed to be - clean, simple and straightforward, without too much fuss or fancy add-ons. Had I been in better shape, I bet I'd try the sport out.

In fact, when I get in better shape, I would not be surprised if I did.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #484 on: September 04, 2007, 10:17:18 pm »
First guy, nah. Way too much fancy stuff. The two others, however, had some good skills.
Yeah. That's why I called the first video "not really parkour". In hindsight, I probably should've called it what it really is: tricking. I generally get pissed off if I'm trying to look for parkour videos and youtube comes up with some crappy tricking or just parkour with fancy vaults and masses of flips instead of the simple and effective movements it really should be. I just decided to link that one, too, since you've just got to have respect for the coordination and everything it takes to do that stuff that well.

Also, you really should try parkour. It's loads of fun.

EDIT: I also don't think I emphasized my respect for the guy in the third video enough. Jesus Christ, just look at him move...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 10:19:35 pm by Caranfin »

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #485 on: September 13, 2007, 07:36:53 am »
Thought sence it's been ages sence I've said anything I'd share a video for one of my favorite songs.

Warning, not rock.  It's oingo boingo.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11jY0v5t1WM
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #486 on: September 13, 2007, 05:30:42 pm »
Thought sence it's been ages sence I've said anything I'd share a video for one of my favorite songs.

Warning, not rock.  It's oingo boingo.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11jY0v5t1WM
Cool. That's one of my favourites as well... Thou I like Dead Man's Party even more :D
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #487 on: September 13, 2007, 09:08:33 pm »
I like it because it's meaningful.

Never forget, we all have a set amount fo time in this lifetime.

Every day we live is another day closer to death.  But that's not a bad thing, that's just how life goes.  Dion't fear that fact, celebrate it.

"I looked Death in the face last night.
I saw him in a mirror
and he simply smiled.
He told me not to worry.
He told me just to take my time."

Oh and Bro.. for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iypUpv9xelg
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 09:15:42 pm by Bearfoot »
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #488 on: September 13, 2007, 10:20:37 pm »
I totally agree with you. Life is like a journey on train. You don't know where it will go and you know that you've arrived to the last station, Death, usually just before train arrives there. Those that are most happy just sleep and never know that they arrived... home, or... whatever. Is it just an empty and cold station, oblivion and nothingness or is there something else waiting? Well, until I arrive there I will enjoy my ride and fellow company on these railroads of life.

EDIT : Oh yeah, thanks for the vid. That song just makes my day every time :D

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #489 on: September 14, 2007, 05:58:43 am »
My pleasure Gravehill.

Though the train analogy isn't, I feel, the best.  A train can only go where the tracks lead it after all.

It's more like being blindfolded and brought into an airplane.  You may not recognise where you are, and you may not know where you're going.  But if you look around you can see that there are other passangers and the plane will land eventually.

Save that's not perfect either.  AS everyone on a plane lands at the same times.

I guess it's just fair to say that life is hard to analogise... to coin a word.. :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 09:57:04 am by Bearfoot »
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #490 on: September 14, 2007, 10:58:35 am »
I think that this is purely depending on point of view. I see life pretty much like a railroad. Sure - you can make some minor chooses when there's railroad junctions. But then again, direction of life is pretty hard to turn. It takes perfect timing and right moment (junction) - when your will is working with odds, not against them. Then there's enough momentum for life to change it's course. Or then you can use massive amount of will and work. Which is exhaustive in long run.

I've grown to think that there's not that much what you can choose in your life apart what you eat and where you physically are. And even those are restricted in modern world. Walls and borders rise all the time... Physical borders, sociological borders and borders of violence. While some people are more and more tied to their comfortable homes by entertainment and other similar things other ones are tied to earning their minimum food and water. Same applies to almost every level of life. Education, media and all other similar things shape up people to  become more and more similar which lead to point where one is supposed to live in homogenous society which becomes more and more intolerable towards difference. In every aspect of life you are measured and if you don't fill those measurements you are considered invalid, outcast, misfit or even danger. If you don't follow the pattern your life is controlled or suppressed by other means. Freedom is only an illusion and we all are expected to go to same direction and on same grid of railroads.

I would like to be offroad train or even aeroplane but during my life I've becomed increasingly conscious about these invisible shackles we all are carrying around. Earning one's living without society has been made impossible. Try hunting, fishing, farming or even living somewhere without permission and you will have problems with authorities. So I know my life will be limited version... I can forget my lack of freedom for short periods of time and that has to be enough for me. For now. I'm building and smithing my life as it goes on but I'm not free yet. I'm not sure whether I ever be free but I hope that my life will, at least, become path for my sons freedom. He will get more both classic (government supported) education than me. He will get more independent and comparative education than me. I will support his life even more than my parents supported me but making sure at same time that he will become independent and that he can say one day "this is MY life and My choices". He will have more choices than me.

Oh, and two more videos for more debate :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVF5ZkG20dQ
This one was funny. I was just browsing Youtube and found this out. It's not as good as original but I liked the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpXtU9irvt4
Same thing :D

EDIT : and oh yeah :
I guess it's just fair to say that life is hard to analogise... to coin a word.. :)
So very true.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 11:22:31 am by Gravehill »

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #491 on: September 14, 2007, 07:13:16 pm »
I think this discussion diserves another Oingo Boingo song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc5XoQQTo_E

Sorry that it's an AMV, couldn't find anything official..

*sings*

You worry too much
You make yourself sad
You can't change fate
But don't feel so bad
Enjoy it while you can
It's just like the weather
So quit complaining brother...
No one lives forever!!

Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #492 on: September 14, 2007, 08:31:48 pm »
Oingo Boingo, that crystalization of wisdom. And good music. Just love it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcptbqd7lM4

Cool AMV for great song. Not that great video as original but on the other hand original was pretty much perfect.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #493 on: September 19, 2007, 02:13:06 am »
My new vid : http://youtube.com/watch?v=gVFCSCHQyjw

buddy passes out we have some fun

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #494 on: September 20, 2007, 10:21:10 am »
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β