Author Topic: The YouTube (and other random videos) thread  (Read 264259 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Re: The YouTube thread
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2007, 10:13:17 pm »
I can play that song since a year :P its an awesome song, don't really like these bc rich guitars, what do you think about em..

I never really liked them, but H testifies by his, so maybe he knows something we don't. He does make his warlock sound pretty fucking good.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2007, 10:51:20 pm »
Awesome clip. Wish I could play like that :0

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2007, 02:54:35 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFxctGlSRd4

Trailer for a film that nearly killed me.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2007, 04:06:46 am »
I want to know about this "nearly killed me" aspect. What have I missed?
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2007, 04:09:30 am »

Seconded! Near death/maiming/horrible disfigurment-experiences always cheer me up (when they occur to others, that is).
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2007, 04:22:30 am »

As the producer and lead actor, I was basically shooting 10-12 hour days with maybe a 2 hour production meeting at the end of each shoot. Every day for a month.

I had no money to pay myself, my crew or my actors and I had a crazy socially dysfunctional camera man living in my house for 3 weeks.

The same crazy dysfunctional cameraman who spilt coffee over a £3,500 camera which we had borrowed for free from a very nice man who then threatened to sue me if the camera didn't work when it dried out.

Which it did, thankfully.

This same man who threatened to sue me, also tried to get all my friends to join a cult called Land Mark Forum.

Oh, and I had to act alongside the guy who is currently screwing my ex girlfriend.

Good times...

Enough about that though. Anybody like the trailer? I cut it myself using about 1/20th of the footage we shot.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:28:53 am by VisionThing »

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2007, 04:32:09 am »
Yes, I did actually. I'd even like to see the entire movie. Will it internet-air, or what?
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2007, 04:42:22 am »

It'll go to festivals and what not first in a hope of getting picked up for distribution, as it's a feature length film,  but if that doesnt  happen then yes, it will no doubt appear on the internet in 2008.

However! starting at the end of this month, the characters from Craic Addicts will be starting their very on video blog on youtube, so look out for that if you're interested.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2007, 05:06:58 pm »
VT, should've bought a knife.

Offline Trias

« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2007, 02:29:20 am »

As the producer and lead actor, I was basically shooting 10-12 hour days with maybe a 2 hour production meeting at the end of each shoot. Every day for a month.

I had no money to pay myself, my crew or my actors and I had a crazy socially dysfunctional camera man living in my house for 3 weeks.

The same crazy dysfunctional cameraman who spilt coffee over a £3,500 camera which we had borrowed for free from a very nice man who then threatened to sue me if the camera didn't work when it dried out.

This same man who threatened to sue me, also tried to get all my friends to join a cult called Land Mark Forum.

Oh, and I had to act alongside the guy who is currently screwing my ex girlfriend.

Good times...

Enough about that though. Anybody like the trailer? I cut it myself using about 1/20th of the footage we shot.

sounds like you could have made a movie of that....

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2007, 03:15:11 am »

Good times...

I'm actually writing a novel based heavily on ym experiences of making a film, because I'm that self indulgent.
A wee bit of it can be found here:

http://outboundlight.livejournal.com/33387.html

Oh yeah. That's a plot spoiler there. So if you care about that sort of thing then don't read it. But i don't see how you can care about a spoiler for a story you dont know anything about. so yeah. Whatever.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2007, 08:41:42 pm »
Good old propaganda from WW2:

Donald Duck starring in "Der Führer's Face"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH59VB22D8I

See this now! ;D
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2007, 11:27:00 pm »
ah... banned cartoons.  Worth wathcing.. though honestly I can't see why that one was banned.. most of them I can.. (Insulting racial steritypes being the main reason for banning.)
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2007, 12:40:10 am »

Good times...

I'm actually writing a novel based heavily on ym experiences of making a film, because I'm that self indulgent.
A wee bit of it can be found here:

http://outboundlight.livejournal.com/33387.html

Oh yeah. That's a plot spoiler there. So if you care about that sort of thing then don't read it. But i don't see how you can care about a spoiler for a story you dont know anything about. so yeah. Whatever.
Man it'd suck to accidentally read a spoiler about your own life.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2007, 02:06:16 am »