Author Topic: X-mas...  (Read 17582 times)

sobella_science

X-mas...
« on: November 22, 2003, 07:45:20 pm »
Yep, I thought this would be a quite appropriate subject to talk about since the christmas feeling is coming over me more and more for each day...could it be the commersials that has its effect on me?! or is it just because it's dark and cold outside...

Not that I celebrate the birth of Jesus, but I know many of you are, so...hey! hey! ho! ho! Merry Christmas! Too early? naah...not really...or? hmm... Anyway, I enjoy the happiness christmas brings and all the good food and sweets...mmmm....

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re:X-mas...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 08:25:41 pm »
I'll worry about christmass when I get my Formal ( or "Prom" if your american) out of the way

chompy

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 01:25:21 am »
We need christmas type avatars very shortly :D just photoshop a santas hat or something into your avatar and there you have it.

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 01:27:40 am »
"Köp dig fri, köp dig lycklig! Svart Jul!"
 - Charta 77

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 01:28:14 am »
Too early.. too damn early...

And don't worry about insulting people who worship Jesus's birth.. it was in the middle of summer as far as historians can tell.

Christmas is just another co-opted pagan holidy.

Bah humbug.

I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

sobella_science

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 02:31:47 am »
hmmm....humbug you say....christmas humbug...yeah I like that. Maybe we could write a Machinae Fans Humbug Christmas Song? ;D MaFaHChS!

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2003, 12:10:57 pm »
I love christmas! It's just the waiting for it's that annoying and the time afterwards thats dull.
In fact, i think there's about 1 hour per year where i like christmas: when i'm asleep at about 5 a.m. :)

The other bad thing is having to find presents. I'm so bad at ideas that i have to ask the person what they want. Yes it spoils the surprise, but at least it'll be appreciated. Once you've bought presents then everything is fine and you can get back to stress over the homework you've been given over the Xmas holidays....  :-\

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 04:04:42 pm »
I feel the oncoming christmas and it's mutating effect starting to affect my outlook...

Yep, christmas is pagan-celebration but it's fun still. We need some light in the darkest hour of year!
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2003, 04:58:45 pm »
We need christmas type avatars very shortly :D just photoshop a santas hat or something into your avatar and there you have it.

lol do you want me to paint some santa hats onto the brith machine babies?

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2003, 05:13:46 pm »
I'm going to wear gnomehat all year (or elf hat if you're heretic and think that Santa lives on northpole and have these "elves"... Bah! Santa lives on Finland and have gnomes aka tonttuja on his workshop. They are spying every kid whether kids have been nice...
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2003, 05:30:12 pm »
santa lives in my shed with Elvis and that guy from the Manic Street Preachers who disapeared

sobella_science

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2003, 06:28:59 pm »
LoL!! :D Elvis and Santa...maybe it's the same guy? ;D Heh, and I'd like to see some santa hats onto the machine babies VT, maybe some beard too... :D

Well to me Christmas is a nice time to relax. No worries. To enjoy candle lights, sweets and food as I said earlier. If I chosed it to be anxiety-ridden and a commersialwhore (aren't we all :P) and stressful and so on....phiu....that would suck as hell.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2003, 09:24:08 pm »
I'm sorry I've been feeling scroogey (to coin a word.)

I've been stressed, and being Pagan myself I kinda see the hypocracy of X-mas.  (Hell there's no christ in it anymore.)

But.. I try to see the joy that it brings people.

And in the end isn't that more important?

I'm considering giving my gifts early this year.. sometime in November, thus showing the people I care, but boycotting X-mas itself...

But I'm weird that way.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

sobella_science

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2003, 11:13:21 pm »
I like that thought Bearfoot. :) To boycott 24th (25th)....or simply just give some appresiation-gifts at christmaseve and pretend it's november or january ;)

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2003, 12:11:26 am »
if your a pagan, why not give gifts on the 21st of December, which is the winter solstice (as far as I know)