Author Topic: Xbox Live! User List  (Read 96681 times)

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
Re: Xbox Live! User List
« Reply #225 on: December 27, 2007, 12:36:15 pm »
you're right! congrats!

If anyone has the nerve to continue saying there are multiplayer games better than halo 3 / cod 4 i may well start deleting posts. DON'T TEST ME! >:(

halo 3 and cod 4 are good multiplayer games for its genre. nothing more. they dont particulary stand out to me as anything revolutionary.

That's what I was thinking too. They really are great games, but what do they do new? What makes them special? Nothing much...

While they don't do much that constitutes them as "special", they do what they do almost perfectly. Both games are extremely polished, good graphically, and provide a seriously fun experience (like harvey said, you've just got to play them to appreciate how hectic and awesome they can get). They're both incredibly balanced, and tweaked to near-perfection. The weapons are all fairly even, meaning no matter which one you've got you stand a chance every fight you get into (although you still need to be tactical enough to use the weapon properly, taking advantage of its traits). They also both have a LOT of decent levels, which again are tweaked well so the action doesn't all just bottleneck into one area, it's decently spread across the map. Oh, and the matchmaking system makes it really easy to get into games with a party of friends. Don't even get me started on how frustrating games like gears (although i love gears and think it's an awesome game) are to get into with a few mates.

Which "revolutionary" games would you prefer to play online?

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #226 on: December 27, 2007, 12:43:28 pm »
Lotsa letters
Don't go forgetting all the cool things Halo 3 has. Namely Forge, a multiplayer (in almost every sense of the word) object editor, saved films and screenshots, as well as an excellent support for sharing all of that via Bungie.net. Might not be that special, but I'm not aware of any console game with any of this.

Lysix

« Reply #227 on: December 27, 2007, 02:31:55 pm »
I guess you just have to play them to understand.

i have. :P

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2007, 02:18:55 am »
I guess you just have to play them to understand.

i have. :P

I mean, getting deep into the game. Playing around with Forge in Halo 3 with three other friends, or getting a really good party going and playing an insane game of Rocket Race (all two-man teams, so it's especially funny when someone in the party is paired with someone they don't know). Or in Call of Duty 4, finding a really good Hardcore match, where people communicate well and teamwork is really there. Not to mention all the unlockables and challenges in both games. ;D The games are decent on the surface, but the way you dig away the coal to get at the diamonds is by getting really immersed.

Like SA said, they don't do a lot that's new (but there are things there, for certain), but what they DO do is done perfectly. The games aren't revolutionary... they're just damn fun. :) And the developers' support is constant, so the fun is just going to keep coming.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Lysix

« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2007, 12:25:34 pm »
each to their own i guess [:

Offline [BCL|BA]Mr12ØØØ.EXE

• Band's 'Space
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2008, 03:34:48 am »
Well, my gamertag is RosettaStoned10, as of now. I only have Silver 'cause my time ran out in like August, but I plan on making a new one so my bro can have that, and I can have my own. It'll probably be my username.
It shows the truth
Shows the fake
Shows the past
Shows all of the mistakes
And it shows everything that they refuse to see
'Cause if there's blood on the roots
Then there's blood on the branches

Offline Skorpinox

« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2008, 06:03:35 am »
My Gamertag is Skorpinox.

I play CoD4 and NHL 08 mostly.

Offline WNivek

• keviNW
  • Community Supporter
    • WNivek's game reviews
« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2008, 12:53:24 am »
Unsurprisingly, my gamertag is WNivek

playing a lot of Rock Band lately, but variety is the spice of life...

Lysix

« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2008, 10:56:46 pm »
HouseOnTheRocks [:

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2008, 04:56:46 pm »
I'm finally getting my 360 back this week (supposedly, we'll see how UPS does) after about three months of broken Xbox with no moneys. I survived! Somehow. So I'll be going home this Wednesday, in case anyone wants to play this coming weekend. Here's hoping the repairs last. :P

At least the Xbox is back in warranty, now...
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2008, 07:29:58 pm »
I'm finished with upper secondary school after this week and have nothing better to do, so would anyone be up for some epic Halo 3 action on the weekend?

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2008, 07:31:31 pm »
I'm already back at school, sorry. :(

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #237 on: March 25, 2008, 11:59:39 pm »
I R WANNA HALO = D

Thinking bout a new gamertag as well, still not quite sure what I want : p

they ... are ... BRINGING BACK LOCKOUT = D

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2008, 03:20:27 am »
I always thought Guardian was kinda a remake of lockout.

I was gonna change my gamertag to Yockenthwaite, but some cheeky bastard already took it, im toying with the idea of changing it to Lewis T Duck (Charlie Chalk, anyone?), but im gonna try and think of more before i blow my load.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2008, 05:06:16 pm »
I'm already back at school, sorry. :(
Darn. :(

they ... are ... BRINGING BACK LOCKOUT = D
I know. And it looks like the new version will be quite a lot like the original too.

I always thought Guardian was kinda a remake of lockout.
That's the reason why Bungie weren't going to make a remake for Lockout, but apparently they changed their minds.

Anyway, is Loki really the only one who can (or wants to >_>) play Halo on the weekend? This makes me sad. I haven't played anything with anyone of you but Loki and Wiinis.