Author Topic: Gears of War  (Read 29493 times)

Offline Irrationalist

Gears of War
« on: October 19, 2006, 08:33:04 pm »
Whos getting it.
Got mine preordered

CANT FUCKIN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
Re: Gears of War
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 08:35:11 pm »
I'm getting it for sure.

My friend just forwarded this to me:

Gears of War After Hours Preview
"Gear up" for the November 7 release this Saturday, October 21, at our Gears of War After Hours Preview.

After participating stores close, customers 17 years of age or older will be readmitted for a sneak peek at exclusive video content for Gears of War. Anyone caught with a fake moustache will be sent home immediately, without a glass of milk or cookies. While supplies last, FREE lanyards, pins and gamer id tags will be given to those who attend.

In addition, you can purchase either a 3-month or 12-month Xbox Live Kit at $5 OFF the regular price. Stores will only be open one hour for this event. Contact your local GameStop to confirm participation and event details.

I don't particularly care about any of the swag, but I would like to see some of this exclusive video. Gives me something to do beyond drinking on a Saturday night as well, so I'm probably gunna be going to that. If you're excited about Gears of War, you may want to check to see if your local gamestops are doing the pre-release party.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 08:37:38 pm »
Awesome, the game is gonna be sweet, but I didn't realize it was going to be released so early (Nov 7.)

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 08:58:18 pm »
Awesome, the game is gonna be sweet, but I didn't realize it was going to be released so early (Nov 7.)

Yep. It's right around the corner.

Tomorrow, Friday October 20th, we have Splinter Cell: Double Agent coming out as well. It's actually a pretty exciting time for an Xbox 360 gamer. Splinter Cell has always made a great distraction for me, never stayed a primary game for me for long but I still played it quite a bit to keep things fresh.

Gears of War, if its nearly as good as its hyped up to be, should honestly keep me pretty busy into 2007 when some other major titles start to fall into our lap.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 09:04:23 pm »
Just read that it is banned in Germany due to graphic nature(It can't be M rated because of the MASSIVE amount of gore) that makes me jitter.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 09:06:08 pm »
Yet nobody said anything about Dead Rising?...

That's really weird, though. I haven't seen any previews that would indicate the game is shockingly gory compared to what else is on the market.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 09:07:59 pm »

That's really weird, though. I haven't seen any previews that would indicate the game is shockingly gory compared to what else is on the market.

Go to google news and look up Gears of War. Plus Dead Rising was comic gore and it was a satire, it wasn't meant to be a horror game that Gears is meant to be.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 11:25:28 pm »

Green/purple blood?

Probably. Damn Germans and their multicoloured lifejuices.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 11:29:38 pm »
Just read that it is banned in Germany due to graphic nature(It can't be M rated because of the MASSIVE amount of gore) that makes me jitter.

Yeah, which means I have to drive about an hour to the Netherlands to get the game. Good work, German authorities.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 07:19:38 am »

Yeah, which means I have to drive about an hour to the Netherlands to get the game. Good work, German authorities.

That sucks, and I would actually feel really bad for you if you ever thought of ordering it online.............

Lol, just do that.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 03:44:30 pm »

That sucks, and I would actually feel really bad for you if you ever thought of ordering it online.............

Lol, just do that.

Yeah. Just buy it online, that'd be ok with the authorities wouldnt it?

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 04:55:58 pm »
Some companies tend to disable shipping of the product to countries that ban them.

I seem to recall people trying to get Grand Theft Auto and having difficulties, though I can't remember where it was banned.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 05:41:12 pm »
Then buy it from a company without such scrupples.

Go check out the site, it'll blow your mind.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 05:31:28 am »
I had mine preorderd last Christmas.

Yes, I want the game that much.

No, I didn't expect them to move the release date 5 months.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 03:05:55 pm »
No, I didn't expect them to move the release date 5 months.

You didnt expect, but you wished.