Author Topic: Game Movies  (Read 8622 times)

Offline Armakuni

• ARMAKUNI [SAYS]
Re: Game Movies
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 10:36:04 am »
You heard about the Halo movie? Peter Jackson is doing it...

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2006, 03:03:41 pm »
The Halo movie is gonna be silly and suck. Peter Jackson always finds a way to make movies silly and sucking, he is too prone to excess to make a good movie director (sure, he did good in Braindead, but that movie is all about excess). Maybe he could be better at making games (which he's just gotten into), but he sucks at making movies.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Lysix

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2006, 03:08:54 pm »
The Halo movie is gonna be silly and suck. Peter Jackson always finds a way to make movies silly and sucking, he is too prone to excess to make a good movie director (sure, he did good in Braindead, but that movie is all about excess). Maybe he could be better at making games (which he's just gotten into), but he sucks at making movies.

Save for the fact he turned an awesome book into an awesome set of films? Yeah ok.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2006, 03:19:18 pm »

Save for the fact he turned an awesome book into an awesome set of films? Yeah ok.

Not in my opinion. First film was great, second was OK, third one was a major screwup.
For example: It's mankind's final hour. They must fight back a seemingly invincible horde of enemies of all that is good. Nobody can help them, they mus do this alone, or perish under the might of the Enemy and the world with them, or so it seems until a green goo comes over and kills all the enemies for them.

Plus, looking at interviews with other people working on the films, it seems that one of the major things that they had to do was holding Jackson back from completely splatterizing the entire film.

The only thing I can credit him for is that he is the only director mad enough to think he can pull off a LotR movie (or set of movies).

Oh, and King Kong sucked big time.

Lysix

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 03:38:22 pm »
You can't expect a miracle from him. He spent a great deal of time converting a motherload of a story into script and then into a moving image. I think what he did was amazing, and enjoyed each film. Sure, some nice parts of the books were left out, but you can't include everything.

Offline Kobi

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 03:42:29 pm »

Not in my opinion. First film was great, second was OK, third one was a major screwup.
For example: It's mankind's final hour. They must fight back a seemingly invincible horde of enemies of all that is good. Nobody can help them, they mus do this alone, or perish under the might of the Enemy and the world with them, or so it seems until a green goo comes over and kills all the enemies for them.

Plus, looking at interviews with other people working on the films, it seems that one of the major things that they had to do was holding Jackson back from completely splatterizing the entire film.

The only thing I can credit him for is that he is the only director mad enough to think he can pull off a LotR movie (or set of movies).

Oh, and King Kong sucked big time.

I wonder what kind of movie would satisfy you hehe. LOTR are great movies but they have their flaws as all films do. Compare the LOTR trillogy to the newer STAR WARS trillogy and you'll see whats crap.
About game movies I can seriously say that I have not seen any Uwe Boll movie, not even a rubbish screener of his newer films since everyone say's they are so horrible. The only game movie I like is the first Tomb Raider film. I think it rocked. It was entertaining enough.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 04:03:00 pm »
Thats all nice but... Peter Jackson is only producing the Halo movie, not directing it.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 09:06:30 pm »
Thats all nice but... Peter Jackson is only producing the Halo movie, not directing it.

He still sucks...

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 09:17:08 pm »
Didnt you guys hear? The Halo movie was cancelled..

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 10:05:23 pm »

And Tim Burton only produced the Nightmare Before Christmas...

Hooray cancellation!

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2006, 10:36:51 pm »
Not cancelled. Just that the production companies abandoned the project. MS still want it made, and are now looking for new partners. Think it was some quarrel about percentages. 

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2006, 10:59:33 pm »
Yeah, bungie doesn't cancel it.

Says on their website =]

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2006, 02:50:06 pm »
Ah, well it was cancelled for a few days there.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2006, 05:12:01 pm »
Well, they were wrong then, weren't they?

The one who gets the quote wins!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2006, 10:03:10 pm »
Theyre supposedly already talking to different companies. All is well on the Halo movie front.

It seems like a conflict of interest is what I got out of it. The companies wanted to raise profits, the parties involved in the movie wanted to focus on putting out a good product.

I'm glad theyre more willing to risk not releasing it than releasing a trash film. Now is NOT the time to put a bad mark on the halo franchise anyway.

It's too valuable. I'm glad they treat the name with respect. I haven't seen a single Halo related major product I thought lacked a standard of quality. Even the graphic novel was top-marks in my opinion. The books as well.