Author Topic: Hyperchase for StepMix 2  (Read 15541 times)

Offline Creamy_Goodness

Hyperchase for StepMix 2
« on: October 11, 2006, 05:40:01 am »

> A while back, I finished a stepfile of MaSu's Hyperchase for my Stepmania stepfile collection, CreamyMix 1. When I heard that the Stepmania team was having a second StepMix contest this year, I considered entering my Hyperchase stepfile. However, according to the official rules, the stepfile creators need to have the written consent of the song artists to use their music in the contest, which is why I'm making this post. As I was typing this out, I checked the official rules to make sure I didn't leave out anything, and found this cut and paste request form...

> I am requesting permission to use your song Hyperchase in my entry to the StepMix Song Contest. I would like to create game dance steps for your song, allow it to be posted on the StepMania web site (http://www.stepmania.com), and allow it to be used on the non-profit StepMania Complete CD-ROM (http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/StepMania_Complete_CD-ROM) which raises prize money for the StepMix contest. Full details are available at http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/StepMix_2_Contest.

= = = = = = = = = =
Jason "Creamy Goodness" Tenn
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/iwow/JRascot_Intro.html

Offline xjen0vax

Re: Hyperchase for StepMix 2
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 06:35:24 am »
Ooh, more Stepmix Competition. I've already asked them permission for the use of Sidstyler (I'd asked about a few others too, but I decided upon Sidstyler as my best choice), so now we must compete to see who will have the better MaSu sim! ;D

EDIT: Thought I'd show this off here:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 07:54:34 pm by xjen0vax »

Offline Creamy_Goodness

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 03:23:26 am »

> It's always nice to have a little friendly competition to keep myself motivated. I like the fiery effect of your graphics, and the molten lava texture in the text is a nice touch. As for the graphics of my stepfile, here's the banner...

> And here's the background...

> The following is the original background I had planned to use, but I wanted to have more of a "flying through a wormhole" effect, which is why I created the second background. However, I still like the original better, and I'm considering switching back to it...

> Good luck on your part, and I hope to try out Sidstyler soon. :)

= = = = = = = = = =
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 03:15:50 am by Creamy_Goodness »

Offline xjen0vax

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 04:01:42 am »
Well, I'm also working on another for a song by an artist I'm friends with, so Sidstyler's a bit off in the future. Also, I'd like to point out that the Stepmix rules say you need to have the title AND artist names in both the banner AND the background. Wouldn't want you losing points/having to submit more than once/something like that due to a technical fault.

Thanks for the comment-o's on my graphics ^.^

Offline Creamy_Goodness

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 05:03:14 am »

> Yes, I'm aware that the title and artist must be included in the background image. I plan to add "Machinae Supremacy" to the background once I decide which one I'm going to use.

= = = = = = = = = =
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 07:14:59 am by Creamy_Goodness »

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 05:10:27 am »
I (used to) play Stepmania Online all the time! Im cloudstrifex on it and my rank is like 200 I think? Idk it's been so long. I was at 90 something at one time but I stopped playing for some reason. I should really start again soon. Anyway I love the graphics so far and I already have a bunch of MaSu stepfiles (which I got from Bemanistyle) and I look forward to getting your guys' simfiles. :)

Offline xjen0vax

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 06:48:33 am »
I play StepMania on a regular basis, and I'm better technically than a lot of people, though my scores are pretty bad, my timing's off. I don't get MaSu sims very often because the cuts usually just don't bring justice to the song (I try as hard as I can on my own).
I don't play SMo.

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 07:31:18 am »
While I agree some of the simfiles suck, some of them are also really good, even if they are really easy. I started making a Legion of Stoopid simfile a while back, and I had the BPM to within .1 of the real BPM, so it was on track, but I never got around to finishing it. I should though it was actually pretty good. :P

MDX

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 02:19:58 pm »
excuse me folks theres an art section for this, kick it somewhat that way, awesome work btw. uberuber.

Offline xjen0vax

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 04:52:49 pm »
I see the word "Moderator" in your title. Couldn't you just move it?

I don't know how it works here, but every other forum I'm on has moderators that take initiative. ::)

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 04:19:30 am »
This thread was originally to ask for permission to use the song. If he hasn't got that permission that might be why he hasn't moved it.

Offline xjen0vax

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 06:54:29 am »
you make a good point there.

Offline Gordon

• Band Member
  • Tack som FAAAN! =)
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 10:37:36 pm »
To Creamy_Goodness: Yes, you can use Hyperchase in a non profit way.  :)

To xjen0vax: Sidstyler is kind of a rearranged cover song, so can't help you there.

"Det är Arvids tur att sitta i lådan."

Offline FoxofFire

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 12:41:34 am »
xjen0vax, cloudstrifex: Where can we get the stepfiles once you've done them? o.o sorry if it's a bit of a noob question :P

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 04:59:33 am »
You should be able to find them on bemanistyle.com provided they upload them there. :)