Author Topic: Overworld, release date 2008-02-13, info topic  (Read 181320 times)

Lysix

Re: Overworld, release date 2008-02-13, info topic
« Reply #720 on: January 15, 2008, 12:49:50 am »
failure never felt so good, though. OH BABY.
and who cares? we're all buying the album either way. part of the machinae experience is the cd itself with all its sexy artwork and stuff.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #721 on: January 15, 2008, 12:50:30 am »
and who cares? we're all buying the album either way. part of the machinae experience is the cd itself with all its sexy artwork and stuff.

Indeed, on all your points! ^o^
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #722 on: January 15, 2008, 12:51:13 am »
But... it's like christmas on 26th of November  :(
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #723 on: January 15, 2008, 12:51:57 am »
NO ONE CARES IF YOU DOWNLOADED IT OR NOT.

Seriously, does it make you a bad person if you downloaded the leaked yet-to-be-released album of your favourite band? Maybe. Do I give a shit? Nope. Do people need to STOP SPAMMING this thread with "zomg I downloaded it" and "zomg burn in hell traitor" replies? Definitely. Every time you add to the already thousands of useless replies, God rapes a kitten. Rectally. And mumppis will do the same to you. Understood?
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Lysix

« Reply #724 on: January 15, 2008, 12:54:06 am »
SIR, YES SIR.

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #725 on: January 15, 2008, 01:00:47 am »

Seriously, does it make you a bad person if you downloaded the leaked yet-to-be-released album of your favourite band? Maybe. Do I give a shit? Nope. Do people need to STOP SPAMMING this thread with "zomg I downloaded it" and "zomg burn in hell traitor" replies? Definitely. Every time you add to the already thousands of useless replies, God rapes a kitten. Rectally. And mumppis will do the same to you. Understood?

I feel that a lot of that was aimed at me in particular, seeing how I've made more posts than anybody about this it seems, I am sorry. :(
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #726 on: January 15, 2008, 01:23:35 am »
It just dawned on me that Overworld is releasing a mere three days after Super Smash Brothers Brawl comes out. Also my birthday's in February.

Holy shit February is going to kick ass this year.

I've been looking forward to the week with Machinae + Brawl! :D

its like. dxm was the child, redeemer was a bit "what are we trying to do here?" and overworld is a definate "this is us, we know what we're doing". [:

I dunno I thought Redeemer wasn't as good as DXM but I think that's because in my opinion they can't top it...

Not that I really care but there were almost no "zomg traitor" replies, mostly just fans expressing their love for the music. Also, you and mump have been doing the same thing lately: "zomg just wait til you hear it it's the best etc." Can you blame them for doing it? No. Although I agree it'd be wise to not advertise the fact that you're downloading the album. I think a simple "wow this album fucking rocks" should suffice. :P

Also, it appears the user removed the songs from Youtube but there is another one by a different user. Hopefully he'll take it down if he's smart.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 02:07:01 am by cloudstrifex »

Epyon83

« Reply #727 on: January 15, 2008, 04:10:28 am »
Yes i preordered and i wont cancel it BUT im very disappointed... I love(d) the first two albums that much, that i call MaSu my favorite band, but this new album...... Im sorry but its not what i expected.
Yeah, yeah i know, they told us there isnt that much sid anymore and yes there isnt but..... well i dont know, the style changed too much. I loved songs like winterstorm and T. the looking glass, so slow and EPIC stuff but these new songs.. im just flashed and disappointed :(
yes hate me, burn me or rape me, i dont care - but this is my personal opinion
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 04:15:28 am by Epyon83 »

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #728 on: January 15, 2008, 04:26:13 am »
Actually I kinda felt the same way when I first heard it. It takes some getting used to but I guess it's still good in its own way. The only thing is the guitar work isn't that varied imo and Rob's voice is kinda monotonous on the album overall. He sounds better in certain songs than others, but it doesn't sound nearly as varied as Redeemer or even DXM. Also the lyrics seem to be about the same things, conformity, society corrupting, etc. What happened to all the epic songs like Player One and Winterstorm and many of the old site releases? It reminds me of SOAD in a way, all political songs. Would be nice to hear a fresh new instrumental too, it's been awhile since the last one.

But I suppose that's enough bashing. It's still a great album, just not something I'd expect from MaSu.

Offline Afterburn

• Warriors defending, one final stand
    • facebook Page
« Reply #729 on: January 15, 2008, 05:14:17 am »
Not downloaded it yet, pre-ordered.. anticipation's killing me.
There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.

Offline WalmartSecurity

« Reply #730 on: January 15, 2008, 07:04:14 am »
Actually I kinda felt the same way when I first heard it. It takes some getting used to but I guess it's still good in its own way. The only thing is the guitar work isn't that varied imo and Rob's voice is kinda monotonous on the album overall. He sounds better in certain songs than others, but it doesn't sound nearly as varied as Redeemer or even DXM. Also the lyrics seem to be about the same things, conformity, society corrupting, etc. What happened to all the epic songs like Player One and Winterstorm and many of the old site releases? It reminds me of SOAD in a way, all political songs. Would be nice to hear a fresh new instrumental too, it's been awhile since the last one.

But I suppose that's enough bashing. It's still a great album, just not something I'd expect from MaSu.

guitar is alot more varied then redeemer. that album was all nanananana chugachuga solo and finish xD

joking, but I thought that this album had more guitar variety.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #731 on: January 15, 2008, 08:32:55 am »

Agreed, Redeemer is still the coolest "normal" CD I own (as opposed to something like Tool's 10,000 Days). I love the way that insert was put together, especially the lyrics. I'm hoping Overworld will take its place at the top. :)
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Lugia010719d1

• I love Machinae Supremacy, WolfenDoom and Pokemon
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #732 on: January 15, 2008, 09:53:22 am »
i like this album, but i will need some time getting into it fully.
And it really was unexpected... totally different than any previous MaSu stuff.. and there are songs that catch the listener after the first listen, just the album overally needs a bit more exploring.
 well time will show us how much success will this album have.. its kinda early talk about it ;)

Offline ChronoTrigger

• RPG Junkie
    • UnderteXter.se
« Reply #733 on: January 15, 2008, 10:21:00 am »
Need for Steve must be one of the best songs i´ve ever heard, seriously! This album fucking rocks, not one bad song on it :)
Gone is the magical kingdom of Zeal, and all the dreams and ambitions of its people.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #734 on: January 15, 2008, 10:59:44 am »
Weaklings. Am I, like, the only one who has an ounce of willpower around here?

I don't wanna ruin it with crappy low-quality versions. I wanna hear the original, authentic, awesome deal for the first time.