Author Topic: Overworld, release date 2008-02-13, info topic  (Read 186316 times)

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
Re: Overworld, release date 2008-02-13, info topic
« Reply #510 on: December 14, 2007, 07:36:23 pm »
Being a fan doesn't mean praying everything the band does, you look like a real fanatic, that's scary...

not really! i just think its a great cover of a song that wasn't too good to begin with [: its not really up to me if the song is on the album or not, theres plenty more tracks for you to enjoy on overworld :)

Thanx for having made your point clear. You're absolutely right, but what I thought in the first place was that this cover takes the place of an original and new song. That is, we'll have this BS cover instead of a totally MaSu song. But anyway I've said I would stop, so well, I won't hold forth about it ^^
-sorry about this new post-

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #511 on: December 14, 2007, 08:05:02 pm »
Actually i agree with Xarion. I don´t think a cover fits on a MS album either. I love the song, but to put a BS cover on machinaes new awesome ground-breaking album... naah

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #512 on: December 14, 2007, 08:25:03 pm »
shows just how toopid ppl here really are and dont know anything it goes well in the new album hear the songs first the judge

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #513 on: December 14, 2007, 08:26:19 pm »
I am not saying that it does not fit the style. I wouldnt know. But it is the idea of a _cover_ on the album that doesnt feel right to _me_

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #514 on: December 14, 2007, 08:46:24 pm »
I will give you another flameproof point of view:

To put a cover on the album works like this. We get it played on radio, as a promo thingie, and that helps MaSu to reach out to a wider audience. As you all prolly know, the mainstream guys who listens to NRJ and so on would get pretty pissed if the song that they heard on radio isn't on the album since the CD-single market is dead. That serves a purpose to help us get more gigs in the future. We really don't make any money out of selling records... well we could I guess, but we haf to sell like a million records to make profit. Anyways, if we sell more records Spinefarm will get more requests from other companies to have us on tours and big festival gigs.

That way, by my line of thinking, we would have better ods of getting mebbe a german/frensh/brittish/american or japanese tour.
By that you all would have the chance to see us live, greet us in person and prolly party with us and get to know us better just by accepting that it prolly was a good promotional thing to put Gimme More (sid) on the album.

Do you now see it as a good idea to put Gimme More on the album or is it still "just a cover of a song that britney didn't even write herself"? oh, and Gimme more didn't take the plase of another song.

Lysix

« Reply #515 on: December 14, 2007, 08:50:49 pm »
i wont be convinced until im standing next to you while you sign my tshirt. xD

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #516 on: December 14, 2007, 08:56:48 pm »

Do you now see it as a good idea to put Gimme More on the album or is it still "just a cover of a song that britney didn't even write herself"? oh, and Gimme more didn't take the plase of another song.

Now that I know the reason why you put the cover on the album, I understand. It makes sense. And since you say the song won't take the place of another song, well I can't argue anymore, I'm convinced ! :)
-sorry about this new post-

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #517 on: December 14, 2007, 08:57:50 pm »
yes it really makes sense now :) thank you

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #518 on: December 14, 2007, 09:00:57 pm »
Now that I know the reason why you put the cover on the album, I understand. It makes sense. And since you say the song won't take the place of another song, well I can't argue anymore, I'm convinced ! :)
Nice =)
You prolly understand that I care a lot about what you and all on this forum thinks and I would not have agreed to put Gimme on the album if I didn't think it would fill a purpose there.
I hope that you'll come to the gig if we have one in france ;)

I have high hopes for the summer of 2008...

Offline Kehe

« Reply #519 on: December 14, 2007, 09:16:07 pm »
technically it will be taking the place of another song unless you released another song on the site?
Kehehehe

Lysix

« Reply #520 on: December 14, 2007, 09:22:16 pm »
not if the original tracklist included the cover to begin with.

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #521 on: December 14, 2007, 10:21:16 pm »
there are plenty of bands that add cover songs into their track list for an album...or albums that consist entirely of cover songs. It is almost like you think cover tracks have no purpose on an album at all :/

I mean...who would remember Gears of War without the Gary Jules - Mad World Cover :P

Offline Kehe

« Reply #522 on: December 14, 2007, 10:44:04 pm »
not if the original tracklist included the cover to begin with.

but didnt they say they were making about 15 songs and only 12 would get onto the album? that means that the cover will be taking the place of one of the leftover songs

they better release the songs that didnt get onto the album on the website :(
Kehehehe

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #523 on: December 14, 2007, 10:53:20 pm »
they better release the songs that didnt get onto the album on the website :(

Or else what? You'll sulk? =)

Look at it like this:

You have 15 songs (one of them being a cover).

The album has 12 songs (one of them being a cover).

The way I see it is.. the three remaining songs weren't good enough to be on there, and so they aren't. I'd rather take a high-quality product with less content than a low-quality with more content.

But that's just me.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #524 on: December 14, 2007, 10:55:08 pm »
+1 with gaijin

Quality doen't need quantity to exist.
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

klegak age at 18 isthe shit poh oh oah happy newyear