Author Topic: Overworld, release date 2008-02-13, info topic  (Read 189850 times)

Offline Blackiris

• Class Alpha Mnemonicide
    • My Blog
Re: Overworld, release date 2008-02-13, info topic
« Reply #495 on: December 12, 2007, 11:49:15 am »
Sidstar...hmm...to be honest, the first time I heard that, it reminded me of an epic last track of sorts...like the STTR of DXM or the Empire of RRE.  :)

Offline Lelle

• kung-fu bouff?
    • Lelle's VG-Music
« Reply #496 on: December 13, 2007, 09:29:49 pm »
gimme more is on the album!!!

gold!  ;D ;D

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #497 on: December 14, 2007, 04:23:23 pm »

gold!  ;D ;D

Well, I'm not that enthusiastic. To cover the song for the fun of it is one thing, but to put it on the album is another thing... I don't think this cover has its place on the album, it will be too weird...
-sorry about this new post-

Offline Ratti

« Reply #498 on: December 14, 2007, 06:30:07 pm »
for all we know the entire album might be like gimme more and it'll fit perfectly. even if it isn't try to see it like Super Steve which i feel doesn't sound like the rest of DXM but fits perfectly in my opinion.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #499 on: December 14, 2007, 07:04:57 pm »

gold!  ;D ;D

Well, I'm not that enthusiastic. To cover the song for the fun of it is one thing, but to put it on the album is another thing... I don't think this cover has its place on the album, it will be too weird...

It's amazing - you haven't heard the album but you already have an opinion on what fits there and what doesn't!

Seriously folks, could you reserve judgement until you hear the stuff, at least?
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #500 on: December 14, 2007, 07:09:12 pm »

gold!  ;D ;D

Seriously folks, could you reserve judgement until you hear the stuff, at least?

Nope I can't. It's not a matter of "will it fit with the other songs?" but definitely a matter of "a Britney Spears cover has nothing to do on a metal album". I liked the fun of it when they released the song, but as a separate event. Putting the cover on the album is a little weird, and nothing will change my mind. Even if the song fits perfectly with the other songs of the album, that won't change the fact that this is a Britney Spears cover.

Lysix

« Reply #501 on: December 14, 2007, 07:10:41 pm »
it doesnt matter who the original artist was. the song was performed by machinae supremacy. therefore, it fits.

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #502 on: December 14, 2007, 07:12:09 pm »
it doesnt matter who the original artist was. the song was performed by machinae supremacy. therefore, it fits.

Being a fan doesn't mean praying everything the band does, you look like a real fanatic, that's scary...

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #503 on: December 14, 2007, 07:13:30 pm »

gold!  ;D ;D

Nope I can't. It's not a matter of "will it fit with the other songs?" but definitely a matter of "a Britney Spears cover has nothing to do on a metal album". I liked the fun of it when they released the song, but as a separate event. Putting the cover on the album is a little weird, and nothing will change my mind. Even if the song fits perfectly with the other songs of the album, that won't change the fact that this is a Britney Spears cover.

I'm sorry, but if you make up your mind before you've actually heard any of the material just on the count that it's a cover from a pop-artist.. then you, my friend, win the award for "'toopid of t3h year" ;)
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #504 on: December 14, 2007, 07:15:17 pm »

gold!  ;D ;D

I'm sorry, but if you make up your mind before you've actually heard any of the material just on the count that it's a cover from a pop-artist.. then you, my friend, win the award for "'toopid of t3h year" ;)

I really love men like you who judge their fellows like you do.  ;)

Making up your mind before hearing any of the songs is what you've been all doing for 30 pages

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #505 on: December 14, 2007, 07:16:30 pm »

Being a fan doesn't mean praying everything the band does, you look like a real fanatic, that's scary...

Seeing as he didn't say anything about weather or not he liked it, he didn't really praise anything (I assumed you meant praise, not pray), but he did make a good point. It's no longer the Britney-song it was before. It's been machinae'd.. so it does fit.

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #506 on: December 14, 2007, 07:17:02 pm »

gold!  ;D ;D

I really love men like you who judge their fellows like you do.  ;)

Making up your mind before hearing any of the songs is what you've been all doing for 30 pages

Yeah, with the small differance that i actually -have- the songs. ;)

Offline Xarion

• The Listener
« Reply #507 on: December 14, 2007, 07:19:31 pm »

Seeing as he didn't say anything about weather or not he liked it, he didn't really praise anything (I assumed you meant praise, not pray), but he did make a good point. It's no longer the Britney-song it was before. It's been machinae'd.. so it does fit.

Okay it does. Now we will all gather and say our prayers to the Mighty Gods Machinae Supremacy ;)

Anyway I gave my opinion, no need to debate it further because I may very well be wrong. Let's end this now :)

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #508 on: December 14, 2007, 07:20:42 pm »
Look, I don't care if you love it, hate it or if you're indifferent to it: Just reserve your judgement until you've actually heard it, 's all i'm sayin'. ;)

Lysix

« Reply #509 on: December 14, 2007, 07:31:33 pm »

not really! i just think its a great cover of a song that wasn't too good to begin with [: its not really up to me if the song is on the album or not, theres plenty more tracks for you to enjoy on overworld :)