Author Topic: Overworld, release date 2008-02-13, info topic  (Read 183649 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re: List of info about the next album
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2007, 11:10:45 pm »
I concer, Reanimator would make a godly video

I think Oki Kuma's Adventure would make the most interesting video, visually.

Or Steve's Quest for that matter :)

Me and a friend came up with the ideal video for Steve's Quest

Start with a guy happy as can be walking down the road with a spring in his step, then another dude in a car drives up along side him and slowly turns his head (evil look) to the guy while still driving slowly, it then proceeds into a slow motion fight when the dude is out of the car, and at the end they shake hands.

Yeah.... Thats a good idea! ::)
You keep it in there! Ehm, not. That would be a good flash video... Not a music video for a professional band... >__>

Aww come on dude, it was quite a bad idea but at least humour him ;)

Offline iggMaN^

• I am the emo kid.
  • Community Supporter
  • Die, just fucking die, die, fuck you and die!
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2007, 12:00:14 am »
I concer, Reanimator would make a godly video

I think Oki Kuma's Adventure would make the most interesting video, visually.

Or Steve's Quest for that matter :)

Me and a friend came up with the ideal video for Steve's Quest

Start with a guy happy as can be walking down the road with a spring in his step, then another dude in a car drives up along side him and slowly turns his head (evil look) to the guy while still driving slowly, it then proceeds into a slow motion fight when the dude is out of the car, and at the end they shake hands.

Yeah.... Thats a good idea! ::)
You keep it in there! Ehm, not. That would be a good flash video... Not a music video for a professional band... >__>

Aww come on dude, it was quite a bad idea but at least humour him ;)

Well alright.... Wiehie! ;D There.

Edit: I'm a bit grumpy today because.... Uhm.... I have my period... I'm a teenager... ;)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2007, 03:40:13 am »
Quote from: A lot of people
Lots of shit.

Please guys, don't derail this thread into lockage. Not this one (since it's important and stuff).
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Lexx

• Ministry of Cynicism
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2007, 05:45:22 am »
High 5 over zealous lockage.
DRAMA

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2007, 09:46:53 am »
No, I refuse to let this thread get locked. Stay on topic or dont post at all.

Offline iggMaN^

• I am the emo kid.
  • Community Supporter
  • Die, just fucking die, die, fuck you and die!
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2007, 06:08:34 pm »
Well then... Anyone have anything about the album? :)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2007, 06:46:51 pm »
You guys took my idea way too seriously, but what can i expected from [offensive language removed. Play nice, children.  - talhoffer]

Lock this thread and only let the band update it, that way it isn't full of off-topic
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 01:02:29 am by talhoffer »
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2007, 06:57:30 pm »
You guys took my idea way too seriously, but what can i expected from an over sexually charged teenager and a paedophile?

Lock this thread and only let the band update it, that way it isn't full of off-topic

I'm locking it myself so the off-topicness finishes. I'll unlock it periodically for updates, but for now it remains locked.

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2007, 12:10:52 am »
Ok, so... Some "official" information:

We spoke to Spinefarm today, specifically Hannu, and asked if there was any reason that we should not get real busy with the next album, and of course he wants more Machinae Supremacy, so he told us to go fucking nuts and get busy for real. He wanted an estimated deadline and we said that we plan to be completely finished with the material in September (note, this would NOT mean a September release, obviously, and maybe not even a 2007 release, but anyway), so ... Wish us luck with that? :)

When we've gotten a little bit further on the song material we're supposed to put together a price quote for Spinefarm, like an estimated budget on how much studio time we think we need, and other things, etc, and then I guess we get to debate those matters when we get there...

Or maybe they'll just say "a-ok" on everything we ask for, who knows... Last time we didn't ask for anything but got a few sweet things anyway, like the mixing week in Studio Fredman.

Also, Jonne and I have this plan to go back to the way we produced songs before DXM and REDEEMER. In the beginning, we pretty much worked on all the songs together all the time, while lately we've mostly done stuff separately and then brought it together and tweaked it near its final stage. Maybe we'll produce some awesome stuff if we push one another a bit more like we did back in the beginning, thoughout the entire song creation process. Maybe we can produce our next Earthbound or our next Hero?? One can only hope.

And, some random thoughts: ... Maybe our experience with PLAY! will cause the next album to have more orchestral stuff than the previous ones... Although I don't know how that'll fit with all the SID-stuff we got planned. Then again, who says SID and Orchestral doesn't match perfectly, like SID and electric guitar?! :) Maybe we'll just do a fucking epic ORCHESTRAL SID METAL album. Then again, maybe we'll do an aggressively dry SID ROCK album. Too early to tell.

Oh, and last but not least... I asked Erica last thursday if she was interested to be on yet another album with us, and she said she definitely was.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2007, 12:28:56 am »
Ok, so... Some "official" information:

We spoke to Spinefarm today, specifically Hannu, and asked if there was any reason that we should not get real busy with the next album, and of course he wants more Machinae Supremacy, so he told us to go fucking nuts and get busy for real. He wanted an estimated deadline and we said that we plan to be completely finished with the material in September (note, this would NOT mean a September release, obviously, and maybe not even a 2007 release, but anyway), so ... Wish us luck with that? :)

When we've gotten a little bit further on the song material we're supposed to put together a price quote for Spinefarm, like an estimated budget on how much studio time we think we need, and other things, etc, and then I guess we get to debate those matters when we get there...

Or maybe they'll just say "a-ok" on everything we ask for, who knows... Last time we didn't ask for anything but got a few sweet things anyway, like the mixing week in Studio Fredman.

Also, Jonne and I have this plan to go back to the way we produced songs before DXM and REDEEMER. In the beginning, we pretty much worked on all the songs together all the time, while lately we've mostly done stuff separately and then brought it together and tweaked it near its final stage. Maybe we'll produce some awesome stuff if we push one another a bit more like we did back in the beginning, thoughout the entire song creation process. Maybe we can produce our next Earthbound or our next Hero?? One can only hope.

And, some random thoughts: ... Maybe our experience with PLAY! will cause the next album to have more orchestral stuff than the previous ones... Although I don't know how that'll fit with all the SID-stuff we got planned. Then again, who says SID and Orchestral doesn't match perfectly, like SID and electric guitar?! :) Maybe we'll just do a fucking epic ORCHESTRAL SID METAL album. Then again, maybe we'll do an aggressively dry SID ROCK album. Too early to tell.

Oh, and last but not least... I asked Erica last thursday if she was interested to be on yet another album with us, and she said she definitely was.

OOOOooooh. I'd say balance between orchestral sid metal and some dry sid metal songs - best of both worlds :)

Oh, and good luck (you asked!)

-Unlocked, stay on topic!

Offline SweZor

• Keeper of the SweZword
    • A blog devoid of activity.
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2007, 12:52:55 am »
O.o

Awsomeness. Can't wait! ^^

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2007, 12:54:59 am »
Woo! Official info straight from the source! This certainly sounds interesting, and I've no doubt it will be awesome.

Oh, and what fallout said: Stay on topic, damnit, or this thread will be locked yet again and only updated by the mods/band members. We will delete posts if necessary to keep it clear of spam.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2007, 11:44:28 am »
buncha stuff

i hope everything you imply comes to be, especially the return to the compositional process of the days of yore. I could certainly do with an album of earthbounds. And aggressively dry sid rock sounds like a winner to me.

..Of course, i also wouldn't mind a full-length garden of concrete and masugn album...

good luck with everything!

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2007, 04:20:01 pm »
I'd say balance between orchestral sid metal and some dry sid metal songs - best of both worlds :)

Indeed, that would be awesome.

And good luck with it all.

Offline Smogelore

• Too Drunk To FSCK
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2007, 10:02:25 pm »
and put some nostalgia in it too. like fighters from ninne and stuff
HAY!!! who stole my avatar... again...