Author Topic: Machinae MySpace Update  (Read 9084 times)

Offline cloudstrifex

Re: Machinae MySpace Update
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 11:25:43 pm »
You have to add them to your profile and listen to them one by one. They sound ok I guess. I like the originals better though.

EDIT: What lysix said.

EDIT2: I requested you to be my Myspace friend lysix. :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 11:32:01 pm by cloudstrifex »

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 11:33:13 pm »
You can hear TTGL on mine (link in my signature).

I've decided I love the changes. The only thing that jumps out at me right now as being a 'difficult change' (I wont say I dont like the change because I still want to listen some more) is the sid on Rogue World Asylum seems a little harder to catch (the didldldl single note sounds that complimented the music in the background, I loved those little sounds for some reason). But I'm listening through cheap headphones at work, could easily be that.

The guitar fade in on Rise intro is also a bit weird, but I think im going to end up liking it. I'm adjusting to that ;)

Anywho boys, listen up and enjoy! :)

Can't wait for this puppy to release... I'm dying to hear Elite, Seventeen, and Ghost. The sample from Ghost was -amazing-. :) (Edit: And Reanimator, and Hate, and I know the reaper, and Oki Kuma, and Ronin...hehe)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 11:36:31 pm by Drakonis »

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 11:35:22 pm »
:D I LOVE THEM.

I now know what rob meant when he said you can hear more, and its clearer etc. On TTLG you can still hear the piano behind the guitars at the start, on the previous version the guitars really drowned it out. It all sounds a lot heavier, definately an improvement ;D

EDIT: Put TTLG on my profile, and enabled auto-play: www.myspace.com/falolout

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 11:38:39 pm »
:D I LOVE THEM.

I now know what rob meant when he said you can hear more, and its clearer etc. On TTLG you can still hear the piano behind the guitars at the start, on the previous version the guitars really drowned it out. It all sounds a lot heavier, definately an improvement ;D

I think I'm with you, I'm digging these tracks alot. I can't wait to get off of work and hear them through some good speakers. Gunna kick some major ass.

I'm now looking forward to this release even more. It's a shame the no doubt soon to be Machinae newbies won't get to hear Fury, Cavern of Lost Time (Dammit, that was a neat intro), Empire and it's prelude, or Kaori Stomp.... We'll have to be sure to direct the swarms to the UE so they can check out those tracks cause theyre fantastic songs.

I think the newbies defenitely needed to hear Ghost though. It's always been one of my favorite tracks to introduce people to Machinae with. Everyone seems to love that song.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 11:39:55 pm »
rogue sounded awesome!

guitars absolutely rock on ttlg, not sure about vocals, nah actually thinking about it they're fine. ok good stuff

someone get rise up for me!

* SomethingApt refuses to create a myspace account :p

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 11:41:53 pm »
rogue sounded awesome!

guitars absolutely rock on ttlg, not sure about vocals, nah actually thinking about it they're fine. ok good stuff

someone get rise up for me!

* SomethingApt refuses to create a myspace account :p

Done. My MySpace link is below in my sig.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 11:45:19 pm »
danke! *applaud*

EDIT: wow, the guitars are ROCKING!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 11:48:54 pm »
danke! *applaud*

EDIT: wow, the guitars are ROCKING!

Danke! :)

Yeah, arn't they though? I was listening too. Totally loving it.

Just think, were only streaming lower quality files right now. It'll probably sound even better on the album. ;)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 11:53:15 pm »
Most people on MySpace instantly pause the songs that come on on peoples profiles automatically, so we have to pick one that would really appeal to people. Which one do you think starts the best? (First 5-10 seconds)

TTLG has a nice piano start, sounds like it could be innocent background music or something, i'd probably leave it on while im on someones profile if i didnt know what it was.

Rise has this peculiar sort of sound to it, at the start, most people would presume it was dance or something, and since most of MySpace are emo, thats a no, I suppose.

RWA sounds awesome at the start, with the warped guitars, i'd definately leave it on.

So its a choice between RWA and TTLG, in my opinion. They should get the masu myspace page the most hits.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 11:57:04 pm »
rise had the most improvement of those songs. the stuff was coming out like stingray at steve irwin!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 11:58:01 pm »
Most people on MySpace instantly pause the songs that come on on peoples profiles automatically, so we have to pick one that would really appeal to people. Which one do you think starts the best? (First 5-10 seconds)

TTLG has a nice piano start, sounds like it could be innocent background music or something, i'd probably leave it on while im on someones profile if i didnt know what it was.

Rise has this peculiar sort of sound to it, at the start, most people would presume it was dance or something, and since most of MySpace are emo, thats a no, I suppose.

RWA sounds awesome at the start, with the warped guitars, i'd definately leave it on.

So its a choice between RWA and TTLG, in my opinion. They should get the masu myspace page the most hits.

Good point...

Maybe I'll just imbed it into my myspace so they can't turn it off, heh. It's not like my MySpace isnt a huge advertisement for Machinae Supremacy anyway. It's subMASUnal advertising. Muaha.

I dunno, I think you're right with RWA or TTLG. It's gunna depend on the person really, all three have very unique intros that sort of demands some sort of attention, depending on what the first time unexpecting listener is into.

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2006, 12:00:02 am »
woah... this was a bit different. cant decide if its better or worse though :)

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2006, 12:02:32 am »

Good point...

Maybe I'll just imbed it into my myspace so they can't turn it off, heh. It's not like my MySpace isnt a huge advertisement for Machinae Supremacy anyway. It's subMASUnal advertising. Muaha.

I dunno, I think you're right with RWA or TTLG. It's gunna depend on the person really, all three have very unique intros that sort of demands some sort of attention, depending on what the first time unexpecting listener is into.

Yeah, I'd definately say TTLG would be the best. You hear the piano, and its relatively quiet, so you'd leave it on. Then suddenly, the guitars burst out and own your face, captivating you, and you end up stuck listening to the song.

Perfect.

Lysix

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2006, 12:14:34 am »
Yeah, I'd definately say TTLG would be the best. You hear the piano, and its relatively quiet, so you'd leave it on. Then suddenly, the guitars burst out and own your face, captivating you, and you end up stuck listening to the song.

Perfect.

If people are too impatient to listen to RWA, or Rise, then they don't deserve to be graced with the rest of the song.
Simple as.

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2006, 12:19:20 am »
Hey Robert!

will we get the remastered versions of Fury, Empire and Kaori stomp?

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas