Poll

What do you think of it now that it is out?

Perfect.
Needs balancing, but still great game.
Its okay, not as great as I hoped.
A let down.
Needs more SiD?
Never liked Halo.

Author Topic: Halo 3  (Read 51906 times)

Offline Irrationalist

Re: Halo 3
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2006, 10:39:14 am »
dude, your whole argument was that you dont need to mix up your weapons, and now you've admitted that you DO. im not arguing about who could win out of us, im simply talking tactics. earlier you said that you stick to one weapon, i was giving reasons as to why that is a bad idea, and now you've changed your story.

as for coag, the rocket launcher IS the pivotal weapon. as soon as you get the rocket launcher, your entire team can use vehicles freely. as soon as an opponent gets into a vehicle you can get out and blow them up with a rocket. the only thing the opposing team can do is hide and hope that they can hit you with the occasional grenade.

*shrug* im not going to argue anymore, since you've changed this thread into a "I COULD PWN YOU" shouting match. that wasn't my intention. i was just trying to discuss tactics with some players.
Srry for the PWN you statments, they are done.
A) NONONONONONONONO, that is not what I meant, I was saying if you got STUCK with a weapon you could utilize it without getting PWNED until you get another one, you CANT do that with 1 or 2 plasma pistols cause they NEED to be used with other weapons.
B) "as for COAG", the only level you could possibly make this claim for, and NO if someone snipes Mr. BoomBoomStick, the problems is null. ALSO, he would neva let ya have it.
C) Don't talk tatics with using COAG as the base level (as it blows), use Lockout, Ascension, Foundation, Warlock, or even Turf, maybe just maybe the snow level (which tells you how much I play it)
D) ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 123456789 !@#$%^&*()-_=+\|[]{};':",.<>/?`~/*-+.
There the whole fuckin keyboard, ya happy, ya I love my *Insert Char. Here) points, so go to hell.

I apologize, I took this thread in the wrong direction.

What do you want in Halo 3, and what do you regret about Halo 2

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2006, 01:02:38 am »
what do you regret about Halo 2

The ending.  :P
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2006, 03:02:40 am »
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2006, 07:30:53 am »
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2006, 07:31:42 am »

and the whole game

Very constructive statement.

And pyramids win..speaking of pyramids..pyramid head, hardest boss ever?
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 08:00:12 pm »

and the whole game

I can see how that is totally related to Halo 3. :P

In any case, I'm hoping for cooperative play over Xbox Live. I think that would be a terribly fun distraction now and then.

While I'm defenitely looking forward to Halo 3 online, the campaign is what I'll be enjoying first. I'm a pretty big fan of the Halo story itself (read all the books, looking forward to the Ghost of Onyx book coming out).

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 09:59:12 pm »
In any case, I'm hoping for cooperative play over Xbox Live. I think that would be a terribly fun distraction now and then.
A distraction now and then? I don't think I'll be playing matchmaking at all before I've finished the whole campaign on legendary on my own and with all of my friends. If they're going to include the live co-op, that is.

And yes. I'd like to see a bit of the actual desperate fighting on Earth. When the trailers for Halo 2 showed the Earth getting bombarded like hell and the humans really fighting for their lives it was kind of a letdown for me that the actual game featured a glorious two maps on Earth, fighting against a few scattered groups of the Covenant. The only desperate thing for the humans was the scarab... which was taken down in a few minutes once the Chief showed up.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 10:09:54 pm »
Now that I've made it this far I'm glad were waiting on the final battle on Earth. Honestly, it's going to be portrayed with more beauty and sheer scale on the Xbox 360 than the Xbox was simply capable of.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2006, 10:51:54 am »

and the whole game

I can see how that is totally related to Halo 3. :P

While I'm defenitely looking forward to Halo 3 online, the campaign is what I'll be enjoying first. I'm a pretty big fan of the Halo story itself (read all the books, looking forward to the Ghost of Onyx book coming out).

A) Looking at regrets of the 2nd game is showing how to make the 3rd better
B) YAY, so do I
C) New book, didn't hear about that, must not be the fanboy I thought I was
D) I AM THE TOP OF THE PYRAMID

I want the mulitplayer to have the Halo CE, and Halo 2 maps, more guns, more options for levels during gameplay (Regeneration of Explosive Barrels, Time of Regeneration, Rain Explosive Barrels, Vehicles Explode when hit wall, *enter stupid ass setting that would make multiplayer full of shits and giggles*, etc.)

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2006, 07:06:34 pm »
Raining explosive barrels is perhaps the single most awesome thing I've ever heard of.

Or at the very least, a bunch of covenant ships blasting constant explosive laser fire at the ground non-stop, making it dangerous to run across a field.

No no, I like the raining of explosive barrels better.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2006, 07:26:11 pm »
IF it doens't happen I'll make a mod and IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2006, 09:03:33 pm »
I got my EGM for the month and they have played Halo 3!!!!!! They talk bout many of the feature such as regenerating Fusion Cores, new Assault rifle + they kept the Battle Rifle, an ATV, man-cannons, Brute version of SMG and MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

Ask a question and I'll tell you wat I now know.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2006, 10:07:01 pm »
yeah it was all leaked onto the internet a while back :P

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2006, 06:23:12 pm »
yeah it was all leaked onto the internet a while back :P

Lol, didn't know, but the graphics are awesome!

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2006, 11:26:30 pm »
Open beta? Wtf?

http://www.xboxic.com/news/1999

But, I likes being surprised...