Poll

What do you think of it now that it is out?

Perfect.
Needs balancing, but still great game.
Its okay, not as great as I hoped.
A let down.
Needs more SiD?
Never liked Halo.

Author Topic: Halo 3  (Read 49664 times)

Offline Irrationalist

Halo 3
« on: October 02, 2006, 08:32:12 pm »
I was thinking about Halo Wars, which made me think about Halo 3.

A) Whad da ya want in it?
B) Is it gonna PWN ?
C) Gettin it, yes or no?

Lexx

Re: Halo 3
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 08:37:11 pm »
Might pirate it if it ever comes to the PC. If they're lucky.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 08:47:26 pm »
yes, im getting it. and i cant fucking wait. halo1 had fucking amazing single player (im sure pc fanboys will disagree, but they got it fucking late, so they dont realise how revolutionary it was when it came out). halo2 has AMAZING multiplayer. halo3 is just going to be the game of all games. dont even get me started on the brilliant story... I WANT TO SEE HOW IT ENDS!! :P :D

* SomethingApt goes back to reading The Fall Of Reach...

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:13:39 pm »
I don't have a 360 yet but I'll buy it before halo 3 comes out. I'll end up spending a lot of money when I eventually buy the 360; my current shoplist includes Assassin's Creed, the new Indiana Jones-game if they get that euphoria-thing working like they say it will, Ninja Gaiden 2, Dead Rising, GRAW, and of course halo 3.

Like SomethingApt, I loved the halo:CE single player. The multiplayer was really enjoyable as well. Halo 2 multiplayer was fun at first but I got bored of it after a few months, dunno why. Probably because of the excessive amount of raving idiot racist under teh-year-olds playing it.

I'd really like to see a co-operative gameplay possibility on xbox live. I probably won't even glance at the direction of matchmaking until after a couple of months if they'll include it.

* Caranfin Would go back to reading The Fall Of Reach if he hadn't borrowed all of his halo-books to a friend...

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 09:44:37 pm »
There's no 'hate Halo' option?
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 01:19:04 am »

I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Lexx

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 03:09:44 am »
I don't believe PC users didn't appreciate Halo because they got it later, it's because Halo is a console FPS through and through. PC and console FPSs are different breeds.

As a PC FPS Halo was average, at best. Not because it wasn't innotive etc, it was because it plays like a console game. I may not speak for every PC user but Halo doesn't have what you look for in a PC FPS.

Maybe it's the same reason a lot of console users didn't like Half-Life. (just an example, if you disagree this topic is not where you say so)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 04:12:53 am »
I don't believe PC users didn't appreciate Halo because they got it later, it's because Halo is a console FPS through and through. PC and console FPSs are different breeds.

As a PC FPS Halo was average, at best. Not because it wasn't innotive etc, it was because it plays like a console game. I may not speak for every PC user but Halo doesn't have what you look for in a PC FPS.

Maybe it's the same reason a lot of console users didn't like Half-Life. (just an example, if you disagree this topic is not where you say so)

* Ryan McHarveypants applauds

For once an answer with more than just "HALO IS TEH SUCKS".

I wholeheartedly agree. Like he said, with Half-Life; it just played differently on the console. It didn't feel like it gelled as it did on the PC. Same thing with Far Cry. Ports of games originally meant for consoles sent to PCs, and vice-versa, never seem to work well. System Shock and System Shock 2 would never work well on a console.

The only recent example I can think of, where a PC FPS worked well on a console, is the DOOM port on XBLA.

We'll see if a game can be made jointly for PC and console soon enough, though. Shadowrun comes out next year for Windows Vista and 360...
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 08:42:42 am »

A) Adding it now (BTW that better mean ya love the 360)
B) Though I bought Half-Life 2 for the XBOX (My comp wouldn't run it, which is also why I still play starcraft) , I bought Half-Life, Blue-Shift and Opposing Force for the PC and would HATE them on Console. So I understand where Lexx is comin from.
C) There's votes on Hate Americans (gives me some patriotic pride) but no votes on Hate Microsoft, I guess people must understand that they are a neccessary evil.......

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 02:16:48 pm »

A) Adding it now (BTW that better mean ya love the 360)
B) Though I bought Half-Life 2 for the XBOX (My comp wouldn't run it, which is also why I still play starcraft) , I bought Half-Life, Blue-Shift and Opposing Force for the PC and would HATE them on Console. So I understand where Lexx is comin from.
C) There's votes on Hate Americans (gives me some patriotic pride) but no votes on Hate Microsoft, I guess people must understand that they are a neccessary evil.......

I guess people must understand that they are a neccessary evil.......who are also American.........
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 06:56:39 pm »
A) Whad da ya want in it?
B) Is it gonna PWN ?
C) Gettin it, yes or no?

A) Better multiplayer support on local, LAN and Internet play. Balanced multiplayer gameplay. And some things more.
B) No.
C) No, won't even get a 360.
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline Xhu

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 07:48:37 pm »
A) Adding it now

Too late for me. >.<
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 08:40:38 pm »
Well, EAT IT! ;D
Anyways I want the plasmaa weapons to be much better, Plasma Pistol was amazing Halo CE cause its rapid fire (you pressing Fire at astonishing speeds) made it quite deadly, and I was looking foward to that in Halo 2, but alas they made it 100% a combo weapons instead and took away it's stand alone value.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 10:17:12 pm »
Well, EAT IT! ;D
Anyways I want the plasmaa weapons to be much better, Plasma Pistol was amazing Halo CE cause its rapid fire (you pressing Fire at astonishing speeds) made it quite deadly, and I was looking foward to that in Halo 2, but alas they made it 100% a combo weapons instead and took away it's stand alone value.

dude, the plasma pistol is AMAZING in halo2!! one fully charged shot removes an entire shield. all you need to do is carry around a plasma pistol and a battle rifle, and you're good to go.

EDIT: as for what i want in halo 3...

THE FUCKING EARTH INVASION!!

we were shown a demo of it at e3 before halo2 came out, but it was strangely absent from the final game. i dont want any more random halos turning up. i want to defend earth like a crazy person!!

my predictions for halo3 storyline:

-run around for a bit defending earth like a crazy person
-close to losing, then ally with elites
-go crazy killing brutes and flood and stuff
-celebrate with some earl grey and cucumber sandwhiches on the lawn.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 10:20:05 pm by SomethingApt »

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 10:57:42 pm »
my predictions for halo3 storyline:

-run around for a bit defending earth like a crazy person
-close to losing, then ally with elites
-go crazy killing brutes and flood and stuff
-celebrate with some earl grey and cucumber sandwhiches on the lawn.

You forgot to throw some gay reach-arounds with aliens in there.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester