Author Topic: The band should rerelease some of there "Demo" tracks in future albums, and why.  (Read 7740 times)

Offline Zombie With Style

• Sleep and fade away for I've got the style!
First of all, yes, I know this idea has been suggested before, but this topic, I think, will provide a more important and better reason of why now this should be a good idea.

And Secondly, I know you've heard this 1000 times already from other dedicated fanboys like myself, but Congratulations on becoming a signed band. This is one step closer to me seeing you live without having to go into dept  ;)

Anyway, we've all thought of it before, why can't Machinae take all their old stuff and re-release it/ remastered it/ put it onto future albums. Well, it seems now, more then ever, I think Machinae should do just that. Why? Well, first, let me quote Robert on another topic on this forum.

Quote from: robert
We aren't hiding the old material. But it's true; we don't display it as the biggest link on the first page, and here's why...

All those songs are old songs and even though we're proud of them, they are the past and we care more for our new stuff, and any given day if someone asked me to play some Machinae Supremacy for them, I'd pick one of the newest songs, because THAT is where I live.

We feel we are getting better and better, and we want to emphasize our new material. And if you remember the old site, it was the same there... Albums at the top, site releases at the bottom.

So, no change... Oh well, you have to CLICK once to get to the site releases... Tough. But it looks nice and tidy, don't you agree?

Well, for the most part, I agree with him. If a band, or any, wants to move forward, they don't dwell on the past, even though some of the past songs were great, but not great enough to always look forward to. Arcade, SIDstyler, March of the Undead part 2, these songs are good but its not like they would make a MaSu greatest hits or anything like that.

Anyway, there are IMO five exceptions to this; Nemesis, Earthbound, Winterstorm, Hero and Hubnester Inferno. These five IMO are not only the best songs MaSu has ever done (only a few songs off Redeemer can beat some of them), but also some of the best songs of all time. The sad thing is to me that they're hidden way in a tiny corner of the site and almost demoted as 'demo' track.

Well, so what. We can have had them on our computers and MP3 players for forever, they can still be downloaded. Well; the problem is much bigger to me then that.

First off, these songs really need a brush up, mainly Nemesis EB and WS. I don't mean just a simple remaster ether, I mean like a whole rerecording like what the band did with Attack Music (which was a great 'brush up' if you ask me). Then the songs could be heard at there fully potential now that MaSu has better equipment to play and record with.

But mainly its the future. MaSu just got a label and Redeemer will be shipped to stores worldwide and as that happens the fan base will grow. Pretty soon, in the near future, if they catch on, all metal fans everywhere will be maushing to the awesomeness of the bands SID metal, which is great, but the only MaSu most upcoming fans will know is the music they here on the albums.

Sure, the songs are still here and available for free but let me ask you this; Besides the MaSu site, how many other band sites do you go to on a normal basis. For me, this is it, but I'm sure lots of you go on several band besides this one, but thats not the point. Lets take your average joe, metallica shirt wearing, semi-mainstream metal head. Think he goes to any band sites on a regular basis? Probably not. And even if people do come to the site, how many people that are just skimming the area are going to notice the link to the free songs? It took me a while to find the free songs again; at first I was afraid that they had been removed.

Anyway the point is that as the fan base grows, I feel like less and less of the fan base will have to listened to the 'great five.' It would be kind of disappointing to be walking down the street clad in a MaSu shirt when a random person comes up to me and says "Hey, you like Machinae Supremacy?! Awesome! I like them too, whats your favorite song?" and then of course I'd say "Hero hands now, no question about it" only for him to respond with "Hero? Is that a new song by them?"

Sure, looking into the futures great but why should future fans have to just stumble upon these great songs when they should be played for the entire world to hear? The band might some day surpass even Hero, Hubnester and Winterstorm but still, but these songs shouldn’t be left in the dark, and the best way to do that it is put them on future albums. I don't mean do it all at once but maybe you could spread the songs out a bit for your own convenience. Maybe you'll have an album with a more darker softer tone, hm, thats a great place to put Hubnester Inferno in. Or maybe an album with all out spazy energy, hm, sounds like a great place to put Hero and Earthbound.

And to the band, I know I sound like some caffeine high ranting fan boy (which, I am  :) ) but could you at least consider this. I know you like doing new stuff, which of course, is what you should do, but these songs shouldn't have to be found by a maze, they should be heard by everyone that likes rock music, do you see me point? 

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
Fuck that.. I want to be in the elite few who've actually heard the site stuff! i WANT to be able to go up to people and say "heard hero? THOUGHT NOT! HA! IM BETTER THAN YOU! *dance*"

uhhhhh... also, machinae have made it clear that they're constantly moving forwards, i'd much rather find out what new material they can churn out, than keep listening to re-makes of old songs. i've always hated bands who straight away start re-making their old stuff, it makes it seem like they are lazy, and can't come up with new material. we all KNOW that this isnt true!

Smeagol

The DXM version of Attack Music was pretty bitchin'. I would love to hear, at some point, a new version of Earthbound, as it sounds fairly poor now, due to its age.

the ru

Considering the overall popularity of it and the bands willingness to play it live, I'd wager they would at least consider rerecording Hero. However, with the current trend/policy that seems to one remake per album (which is a good old-new ratio IMO); DXM had Attack Music, RUE had Empire and the 3rd album will have Flight of the Toyota; I'm not sure how soon we could expect to see any new remakes.

Edit: Of course I meant RUE, not RRE.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:17:48 pm by the ru »

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
well toyota is fully a different song also then there is the copyright issue if they make a remake in an album they only can have a sample in the webpage. So no thank you! There is always the thing they have to remake the whole song etc. So I hope they will do new material for the albums, but also i hope they will maybe release a demo song album someday. :)

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
they only can have a sample in the webpage

solution: cut all tracks into 1-minute segments! and one of the forumers can create a little exe to concatenate the correct segments to create full tracks...

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
That's true, Hero has been debated on whether or not to be included in a new recording on the third or fourth album... Though I must say it's somewhat of a deterrent thinking about how much shit we'd probably get from those who hate us using "old" material.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Viherminttu

if you want to use hero in another album, then do it. its your damn music after all =P hero is a favourite of mine, and id love to see it used again.
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline Fensty

I'm mostly for it, as are most of the non-forummer fans I know, but we agree that the songs would have to be carefully picked eg Hero, Earthbound, Winterstorm, etc. You wouldn't go sticking Fighters From Ninne on an album coz it just wouldn't work. Only the really classic ones, and not too many. Keep the new stuff coming, though.
I Reject Your Reality, And Substitute My Own.

the ru

But that leaves us with the question; which ones are the classics? FFN is one of the songs I enjoy the most.

Offline Ratti

That's true, Hero has been debated on whether or not to be included in a new recording on the third or fourth album... Though I must say it's somewhat of a deterrent thinking about how much shit we'd probably get from those who hate us using "old" material.

There'll always be people hating what you do, but hero is a classic. You gotta do it!

And some of the old songs would make nice bonus tracks for the japanese editions (since you said that they come with additional songs most of the time)

Offline Fensty

But that leaves us with the question; which ones are the classics? FFN is one of the songs I enjoy the most.

Oh, it's a good song, practically my theme song as far as my gaming goes. but not album material...
I Reject Your Reality, And Substitute My Own.

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs

There'll always be people hating what you do, but hero is a classic. You gotta do it!

And some of the old songs would make nice bonus tracks for the japanese editions (since you said that they come with additional songs most of the time)
agreed, its worth a few complaints for hero. as much as i love redeemer (and i really do, more so even than DXM) hero is still my favorite track :)
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Zombie With Style

• Sleep and fade away for I've got the style!
The ones that are the classics IMO were the 5 I mentioned. Anyway, I don't know why people would complain if they only did lets say one song an album and have the rest of the tracts all new. I mean about 13 new songs and maybe one thats redone or remastered, I'd be happy with that.

Hm, Hero on an album in the furture?! That would be...be...*orgasum* Well I hope the band dose do that, a remastered Hero on an album would be VERY awsome.

Offline Julmis

• Steven commands you! Obey!
Hero is so good, one of my favorites. I don't mind if you use it in new album, but of course not everybody would like that.