Author Topic: Machinae signed with spinefarm records  (Read 81112 times)

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
Re: Machinae signed with spinefarm records
« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2006, 08:44:26 pm »
I wish MaSu all the best with the deal, but count me out from now on, i'm not giving those record asswipes my cash.
So see you on the filesharing networks!

*slaps forehead* ok... it's been said before, but here it is again...

more people buy machinae's album off record label = more cash for the record label (which is bad, yes, but... wait for the next step... are you ready?) = MORE CHANCE OF MACHINAE MAKING ALBUMS IN THE FUTURE

as soon as the record label changes machinae's music, then you have a right to give up on them. but so far they have done nothing wrong. so stop being a dick.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2006, 08:46:04 pm »
Apt as always is wise and just.

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2006, 09:27:15 pm »
he's apt, too. :)
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Ausp

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2006, 10:00:34 pm »
I so hope people would get some backbone and just don't give in...
It's these damn compromizing people that keep the system alive...
Think of me as you wish, atleast i have the strengh to stand for what i believe in.

They held fast over the musical style. Sort of goes against all you said.
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2006, 10:04:27 pm »
i fucking hate people who form an opinion on something based on a few bad experiences.

yeah, there are some record labels who dont care about the music and will fuck up an artist's vision just for some extra cash. but there are even more labels who love the music they are trying to promote, and just want to see it reach its full potential. You think spinefarm are 'evil' for offering a few suggestions to the band? look on these forums, idiot... There's loads of threads from FANS offering their opinion about machinae's musical direction... are THEY evil?

pssssh...

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2006, 10:06:10 pm »
There's loads of threads from FANS offering their opinion about machinae's musical direction... are THEY evil?

Not that I don't get your point, and I think you are right, but.. Yes?
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2006, 10:11:57 pm »
highly
^____________________^
               \__/

the ru

« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2006, 10:19:07 pm »
i fucking hate people who form an opinion on something based on a few bad experiences.

What should one form an opinion on, then? Just ignore everything bad that happens until something good happens, then praise that particular thing forever?

look on these forums, idiot...

Please, keep this on a mature level.

There's loads of threads from FANS offering their opinion about machinae's musical direction... are THEY evil?

I don't think anyone has called me "evil" yet, but I have had the words "stupid", "retarded", "fuckup" thrown in my direction, so I suppose there must be something terribly wrong with me.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2006, 10:20:42 pm »

What should one form an opinion on, then? Just ignore everything bad that happens until something good happens, then praise that particular thing forever?

I don't think anyone has called me "evil" yet, but I have had the words "stupid", "retarded", "fuckup" thrown in my direction, so I suppose there must be something terribly wrong with me.

nope you just are from kiruna! we understand that!

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2006, 10:20:55 pm »

I can't say that I agree with you, but you don't throw around insults instead of arguments, and you try to make your point clearly (even if you might fail, and.. quite possibly, have the wrong point. ;)  )

Edited to fix parsing-error in annoying forum. ;)
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #265 on: October 02, 2006, 10:26:54 pm »

you shouldn't form an opinion based on ONE bad thing happening.

a record label fucking up a band's music DOESNT make all record labels assholes
one bad video game DOESNT make all video games bad
a bad performance from an actor DOESNT make that actor bad
a bad song by a band DOESNT make the band crap

do you get my point? SOME record labels mess with artist's music... Spinefarm HAVE NOT messed with machinae's music. they have given a few opinions AND paid for the album to be remastered by professionals... i think they deserve some respect for that.

the ru

« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2006, 10:31:51 pm »
I can't say that I agree with you, but you don't throw around insults instead of arguments, and you try to make your point clearly (even if you might fail, and.. quite possibly, have the wrong point. ;)  )

Thank you. At least someone seems to understand that I at least have some substance in what I say.

I'm actually hoping that I have the wrong point here; that Machinae prove to still have their integrity and everyone will be happy. As a concerned fan, that's way more important than "winning" a stupid forum debate/flamewar just to be able to say "I told you so".

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2006, 10:36:24 pm »
Thank you. At least someone seems to understand that I at least have some substance in what I say.

Mostly, I think you make your points rationally, and actually think before posting. It's a good quality if you ask me, thinking before opening your mouth (or in this case, keyboards). It's not your fault your thinking doesn't align with mine and the rest of the forumers. ;D

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2006, 10:38:44 pm »
yeah dont be like me! who speaks withouth thinking!

the ru

« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2006, 10:44:28 pm »

you shouldn't form an opinion based on ONE bad thing happening.

Of course not. But you actually first spoke of

a few bad experiences

and that's different.

a record label fucking up a band's music DOESNT make all record labels assholes
one bad video game DOESNT make all video games bad
a bad performance from an actor DOESNT make that actor bad
a bad song by a band DOESNT make the band crap

do you get my point? SOME record labels mess with artist's music... Spinefarm HAVE NOT messed with machinae's music. they have given a few opinions AND paid for the album to be remastered by professionals... i think they deserve some respect for that.

Yes, I agree, although I think both Machinae and Spinefarm need some more time to prove themselves. And yes, as they now expect to make some money from their music, I think we, as their "customers", can demand things from them (such as a satisfactory musical experience, at least), or we'll move on to other bands.

I'm just aware of the risk that this process could lead to us losing Machinae as we know them today (and of course there has always been that risk, but this change is IMO greater than anything before, and could lead to some irreversible bad decisions).

We'll see.