Author Topic: Machinae signed with spinefarm records  (Read 74736 times)

Lysix

Re: Machinae signed with spinefarm records
« Reply #180 on: September 28, 2006, 08:37:42 pm »
If that means no more songs like 'Arcade' I'm all for it.

Just remember not to order the new album off the webshop. You know you'll get it last. Again. :P

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #181 on: September 28, 2006, 08:39:10 pm »
Like Rob said before they got the last word musically! I hope there will be SID but basically MASU for me is more of a metal band than a gamemusic/sid style band :)

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2006, 08:41:28 pm »
I loved MaSu as SiD Metal, not as Metal, or SiD\Arcade Music.

SiD Metal Forever.........

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2006, 08:44:06 pm »
You've said that the new album is being remixed and remastered by the label, but elsewhere you also said that the label doesnt appreciate your sid sound. Does that mean that in the mixing of future albums the sid is going to take a back-seat?

No, the label PAID for the remix and remaster... Me and Jonne travelled to Gothenborg, and then to Stockholm, to oversee the process. We made sure they made it like we wanted.

When the studio people asked us why we were there, what we hoped to get out of this, we said "Well, mostly to protect the SID." (I shit you not, this conversation actually happened). We explained that the label didn't get the whole SID aspect of Machinae Supremacy, so we were going to make sure they didn't tone it down any.

And four days later, Fredrik, one of the audio engineers, said with a smile on his face... "You came to protect the SID, and instead you got two new converts" (meaning they loved the sound of the SID).

So you need to understand that the mixing was supervised by us to be the best it could be, and that the guys who did it were neither instructed by Spinefarm to remove and SID-stuff, nor did they want it gone themselves... Redeemer Retail Edition is 100% Pure SID-Metal.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2006, 08:50:45 pm »
You've said that the new album is being remixed and remastered by the label, but elsewhere you also said that the label doesnt appreciate your sid sound. Does that mean that in the mixing of future albums the sid is going to take a back-seat?

No, the label PAID for the remix and remaster... Me and Jonne travelled to Gothenborg, and then to Stockholm, to oversee the process. We made sure they made it like we wanted.

When the studio people asked us why we were there, what we hoped to get out of this, we said "Well, mostly to protect the SID." (I shit you not, this conversation actually happened). We explained that the label didn't get the whole SID aspect of Machinae Supremacy, so we were going to make sure they didn't tone it down any.

And four days later, Fredrik, one of the audio engineers, said with a smile on his face... "You came to protect the SID, and instead you got two new converts" (meaning they loved the sound of the SID).

So you need to understand that the mixing was supervised by us to be the best it could be, and that the guys who did it were neither instructed by Spinefarm to remove and SID-stuff, nor did they want it gone themselves... Redeemer Retail Edition is 100% Pure SID-Metal.

that's absolutely awesome! thanks for the clarification, i think i can rest easily now. now i feel bad for doubting you :(

;D

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2006, 08:51:16 pm »
WTF you were in Gothenbug without telling ME ?  :o

darn :)

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2006, 08:54:32 pm »
That is a huge sigh of relief, I am really sorry for ever feeling doubt

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2006, 08:56:40 pm »
power of sid turns peoples mind around :)

Smeagol

« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2006, 09:05:18 pm »
THE POWER OF SID COMPELS YE!

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2006, 09:09:05 pm »

Rock on dude. That's awesome to hear ;D

I cant wait to go to my local music-shop and buy RRE <3

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2006, 09:12:45 pm »
Hey will Retail Edition of Redeemer be released in the US? I WOULD BE ESTATIC if it is I WILL (censored) everywhere, oh I mean :-[ , srry TMI.

But really send some copies over here!

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2006, 09:19:26 pm »
Hey will Retail Edition of Redeemer be released in the US? I WOULD BE ESTATIC if it is I WILL (censored) everywhere, oh I mean :-[ , srry TMI.

That was mentioned earlier in the thread as a probable, IIRC.

I just listened to the samples. Granted, this was with moderately good earbuds on a cheap onboard sound card, BUT I noticed two things right off.
1) Higher volume groks the guitars and vox, not the keys or SiD. Not sure if this is intentional or possibly a fluke of the audio system I had available to me. Will listen again on my Audigy 2 at home later.
2) The only actual gripe I have is the keyboards on TTLG seem to be too weak. Other than that, I mostly like. Rock on!
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2006, 10:06:08 pm »
I just thought of something, what will happen to the game music production?
Will you be doing only albums for the music industry or will you have room to make music for the game scene too?

That's one of the big perks, actually. We'll have a lot more time to make game music, as well as focus on our band
music now. We even made them put in the contract that they have no jurisdiction over our game music production.
SQUEEEE!!!  ;D
Now don't you get lazy like me and get stuck playing games all day. :P

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2006, 10:09:35 pm »

I just listened to the samples. Granted, this was with moderately good earbuds on a cheap onboard sound card, BUT I noticed two things right off.
1) Higher volume groks the guitars and vox, not the keys or SiD. Not sure if this is intentional or possibly a fluke of the audio system I had available to me. Will listen again on my Audigy 2 at home later.
2) The only actual gripe I have is the keyboards on TTLG seem to be too weak. Other than that, I mostly like. Rock on!

I thought the remastered soungs sounded horrible.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2006, 10:11:27 pm »

I thought the remastered soungs sounded horrible.

they are much better imho after i heard few songs and compared it to them to old ones. I was suprised how everything is clearer i mean sid and synth there is sound i didnt hear before. this stuff is real mind blower ^^