Author Topic: Machinae signed with spinefarm records  (Read 74731 times)

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
Re: Machinae signed with spinefarm records
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2006, 12:32:45 pm »
Keyword being "wish", not "command" or "instruction" or "rule" or "apocalyptic doomforce"...

Their wishes being "more pictures, and a biography"... And here's a tip for you to use in your future life... When someone gives you good advice, take it.

Doesn't people get sarcasm these days? Isn't it obvious that me using the phrase "our corporate overlords" pretty much shows they don't tell us what to do? :)

You could easily have modified the old page and added those things. For each update, things just get more and more mainstream. But to succeed in the commercial world, I suppose that's what required.

Perhaps we should change "Gordon approves" to "Spinefarm approves"?

As not12x wrote, giving the RIAA the finger with one hand while signing a contract with the other is just hypocrisy. However, I understand the reasons behind this; "doing it yourself" for anything more than an obscure underground band is just too much work (being in that scene myself, I know the difficulties and how much time it consumes).

However, while I still appreciate your music, it feels like you're straying farther and farther away from your old ideals (or what appeared to be your ideals at the time). You're starting to feel more like "just another rock band I happen to listen to" than the rebels I once knew, something genuine and fresh that dared to question. But I suppose you never really cared about being rebels just for the sake of it; it seems all you've ever wanted to do is just rock, but that's your decision and it's fine with me.

The recent events will probably bring you more fame than before, and you really deserve it. You'll probably lose some old fans in the process (or they'll just remain remembering "the old days" and what Machinae used to be), but you can't please everyone so that's just the way of things I suppose. I'll continue to support you, and I hope you will prove there was no need for my fears. It's just too early to say yet if the change is for the better or worse.

Go ahead and flame me for being an asshole and not cheering with the rest of you, but Machinae has always meant something "more" (than just a band; something to rely on) to me, and it feels like that era just came to an end. "But it's still the same!", you say. Well, we'll see.

Dear sir... I hear what you're saying, but I have to inform you that if you were to keep tabs on all indirect links in the world, you'd find yourself very disappointed... And if you were to take distance from everything that LEADS UP to something malevolent, you'd narrow your path quite a lot ... Like for instance, I wonder how many who surf IGN know that it's owned by the News Corporation, which is owned by among others Rupert Murdoch, one of the benefactors of George Bush and the worldwide extreme-right agenda they're pushing.

Keep checking, and you're likely to find that a lot of things you think is "independent" is owned by "evil" people. The Fox Network, who broadcast Simpsons among other cherished series, are also owned by The News Corporation. Do you boycot Simpsons?

If we want to fight the way things are in the world, we can't do it by hiding in the woods.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2006, 12:50:46 pm »
you cant make everyone happy.. in time the fans that are so upset about this will realise that this isnt a bad move for you guys.
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2006, 12:51:21 pm »
Not to continue anything this just gonna be what i feel about the record deal and maybe some insights also!

Well I've been a masu fan now for 5 years soon and I also know the band members personally and I gotta say they are the sweets kind of people you know. I dont ever gonna believe that they would become corporate sellouts or anything! Why? Because I know they are feet on the ground kinda people. They actually care about the fans and actually they listen to them!

What about i feel of the deal well I think is great finally they get the change they deserve and more people will be able to see the band LIVE! Like Rob said they have the final word and like he said they used it allready. Everybody knows that big record labels also gotta think about themselves. They but alot of money just releasing a cd and marketing it. So they have some demands like the website style etc maybe they want some songs out of the albums but in the end like Rob said they have the final word! Rob told me that i can say i heard few songs of the new mixing and what i can say everything is much better. Sounds are more clearer, SID's come out muuuuch better, singing is louder, guitars come out so hard it blows up your head. Well i dont got anything else to add to this I just hope that everyone will buy the record and dont go to the mood "OMG THEY SOLD OUT!" This is the big chance to every fan to buy the record in a store next to them and maybe see them live in the hometown!

and now I'm gonna do something evil and rip Rob!

"Peace! and out!"

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2006, 01:41:15 pm »
I'm too lazy to move my ass over to a music store, heck I don't even know where I can find one here in Skövde...
I like ordering on the net.

I just thought of something, what will happen to the game music production?
Will you be doing only albums for the music industry or will you have room to make music for the game scene too?

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Jonkan

• Music Is Life
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2006, 01:44:17 pm »
Seriously. I hope this will be a breakthrough for the band and will be a way to spread their great music.
I'm all for it! Let's just hope Spinefarm goes all Sony or something on them. :) Then we fans just have to raid the labelcompany if that happens! :D
We fans are supposed to support them in all times! Ups and downs. :)

May thee all be Redeemed once again! ;)
Life without music, could it really exist ?

the ru

« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2006, 01:53:41 pm »
If we want to fight the way things are in the world, we can't do it by hiding in the woods.

Let us hope, then, that you will bring your experiences and ideals into the "professional" music industry, and reform (or revolutionize) it, rather than letting it kick you around? Can you promise us that you will [try]? ;)

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2006, 03:41:13 pm »
I just thought of something, what will happen to the game music production?
Will you be doing only albums for the music industry or will you have room to make music for the game scene too?

That's one of the big perks, actually. We'll have a lot more time to make game music, as well as focus on our band
music now. We even made them put in the contract that they have no jurisdiction over our game music production.

---

Offline Viherminttu

« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2006, 03:42:19 pm »
sounds good :) I for one look forward to hearing more of your game music
<WereVolvo> moar sid! new album sux! music vid sux! machinae are sellouts! where i find crappack lulz? when is page getting updated? gief moar free songs plx. zomg plz come to the US/UK/Mars/Alpha Centauri! when r u guyz gonna do a tour? i think u shuld come to this festival it wuld be gr8!

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2006, 03:43:27 pm »

Let us hope, then, that you will bring your experiences and ideals into the "professional" music industry, and reform (or revolutionize) it, rather than letting it kick you around? Can you promise us that you will [try]? ;)

Just watch...

---

Offline ktulu

• Hentai Tentacle
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2006, 04:04:37 pm »
I can't belive this! One day, just ONE DAY offline (my winxp just had to crash for no apparent reason) and I find this astronomical change/update/news!?!?!?!

Ok, I've read through 11 pages of this topic, so I'm a bit tired from all the reading (yep, read it all... *sigh*).
I hope that the band members will read this and that my post won't fell worn out and less important (I know it won't). I'm not a very old forum member, but I'm a real hardcore Machinae Supremacy fan for some time now, and for the right things (I belive).
This is gonna be a long post.

So, I want to say that I'm immesurabely, immensely and totally jaw-dropingly amazed and thrilled for this major step (it is major, any way you put it), I'm really happy for you guys, I think you finally got the chance you so much deserve. I mean, I can actually visualize a MaSu album in record stores in Serbia... this idea is amazing to me. I know that this won't come instantly, but the very chance of having that is great :).
The Machinae is spreading. This is allways a good thing. I know people say that just because of that, the band will loose its cool and underground scene status/feel, and this is inevitable, to a degree. It all really depends on the band.
You see, now you have more chances, more opportunities, more gigs (hopefully), more neck choking from the publisher, more problems and tough times as well. But that's what growing up is really (I wouldn't know tho :)) ).

The question is, do you want to? I believe so. This has been proven in the Redeemer album. That's another topic right there. Redeemer sounds very different from the old songs like Winterstorm, March of the Undead 2, Soundtrack to the Rebellion etc. And I have to say this, MaSu have allready changed their style of music to a degree, and the SID "sound" (not just the ACTUAL chiptune sounds) has changed, grown and evolved if you will.
I tottaly back up the band with this. I know Robert is going in this direction by reading his posts here, and I am sure that the MaSu sound will change even more. I see this as a good thing. I have to say that Ronin, Hate, I know the Reaper, Rogue World Asylum, TTLG and Reanimator are my favorite songs (and not just because I "acquired" the album only recently).
The C64 music spirit is still there, even in Redeemer, the very themes (lyrics and melody-wise) are... well, weird and fresh by "normal mainstream standards", that's the reason why some people don't like MaSu, and that's the very reason I LOVE THEM :).

One more thing, which I think would be cool. I know that the band won't have much free time now, with the Spinefarm records deal, but it would be nice if you guys would realease songs (from time to time, in your free time) for free, for the site, that won't come in any album (well maybe for the 20th year anniversary when all of you get filthy rich and Rob becomes president of the EuroAsiamerica LOL). You know, just themes and mellodies that you come across and don't put in your albums, messing around in the studio while having nothing better to do. I'm talking about more Sidologyies, more instrumentals and more SID remixes (as you have done in the past years).
I know this is asking a lot, I'm aware of that, but this is one of the main reasons I heard about MaSu and why I love this band.

What I'm trying to say is, go forth, bravely into the new world, expand your horizons and ideas, evolve your sound, but from time to time, play some nostalgic music, just for the hardcore fans and never forget the C64 scene spirit. I am not saying that you are right now, but "with great power comes great responsibility" ;).

Oh yeah, about the site (sorry for being so abnoxiuosly boring), I don't really like the functionality of it. I mean, it looks great but easier reading = easier informing = more fans :). On the other hand, I love the idea of puting more pics of the band + the wallpapers, it's awesome and this is allways a good thing for attracting fans (looking like mean badasses makes people worship you ;) ).

Hmm, I haven't yet heard the remastered soundclips, but I'll coment on that later :).

So, now that you actually have a label, I'm sure people will start treating you with more respect (I'm talking about the media and such), not the fans :) ), so I was wondering if there is a chance that Machinae Supremacy will be able to play on the EXIT music festival here in Serbia (I'm sure some of you guys have heard of it... I hope...). A lot of famous bands/stars play here (for ex. Billy Idol was here this year and he rocked).
I'll do what ever I can to spread the word here, maybe even find some of the organizers of EXIT and convince them to call you (this is wishfull thinking, I know, but more and more people here start to listen to MaSu and EXIT being a still fresh and openminded music festival might turn out to be the winning combo :) ).

Anyway, I've blurbed out a lot of stuff people allready said here, but I just wanted to say my 2 cents and cheer the band. I know you will do good :D.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with apple pie, people can fly...
Deviant n00bster.

Lysix

« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2006, 04:57:17 pm »
I vote you make a forum for all the machinae fans before RE is to hit the shelves. The forums are no doubt going to be swarmed with "OMFG MAKINAYE IS SO COOL!!11 <3 TRGH LKING GLSS", and I'm sure we'd all like a safe haven to pay homage to the past. ;)

But what you said, Robert. About the album sounding "clearer" and less "muddy" (or similar). That's what made Redeemer what it was, and that's why many loved it. And expensive? Who gives a damn about whether it's mixed by pros or not? Doesn't always mean the result is top notch. 
 But hey, now you're having others compile the albums f or you, why not spill the secrets on how YOU GUYS recorded and mixed the UE? I'm sure many would love to see how it was done. :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 05:00:15 pm by Lysix »

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2006, 05:14:38 pm »
We may just do that, give a guide on DIY - MASU Style.

But seriously, when I say "expensive" I mean that I think it sounds so good now I can't believe it's the same material. This really shows to me that we are better than we thought we were, we just didn't manage to express it as well as the guys who remixed this for us, imo. I mean, they used OUR material, that we recorded in our amateurish way, and made it sound like a full-fledged, paid-for studio album, in just one week. I think that's pretty awesome.

---

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2006, 05:41:57 pm »
just dont use any of that bullshit shoftware that fixes singing mistakes and stuff. :)
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2006, 05:43:01 pm »
Firstly, Congrats, nice going, etc. This is a completely new era for MaSu, as a whole and as individuals.

That said: I will refrain from passing negative judgement until you deserve it. Let's hope that never happens. I think there are more pros than cons in this and I most certainly AM looking forward to the chance to head to North Jersey sometime in the future to see MaSu at the CAA. I'll listen to the samples later, I'm on clock now and can't listen to music.
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline basisti

• official theRMS website
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2006, 05:46:04 pm »
All I can say is congratulations! ;D