Author Topic: Machinae signed with spinefarm records  (Read 78168 times)

Offline Bocom

• SiteDeveloper
  • I'm in despair!
    • Woah there!
Re: Machinae signed with spinefarm records
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2006, 10:46:36 pm »
It's a little bit sad imho...

I won't be able to listen to the UE version before it runs out.  :-[ :'(

Other then that, meh, it's all good... for the moment. :D
This quote is out of context:
<Bocom> I'm also going to see Quantum of Solace later
<Syndicated> Bocom: it is fucking scary
(@Radicz0r) Fuck! Its friday, and you wankers are talking about PIE. Pie! What the hell?

Offline VOiD

« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2006, 10:55:17 pm »
There is no stopping the machin(a)e now.
Keep on rocking!

-Void

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2006, 11:19:21 pm »
Well I am certainly having mixed feelings about this change. In a way it is good because now Machinae Supremacy will be getting big and I wont have to tell everyone who they are. But in a way it makes me a little sad. The lack of site releases in the future certainly is a thought I'm not used to. I always loved looking at the homepage and seeing a new song released. Also I used to love telling people about MaSu and saying even though they're underground they have great quality songs and 2 albums blah blah. But yeah even though I have gotten both Gordon's and Robert's assurance that the principles of the band are not changing, I can't help but feel a little uneasy.

Well as for the Retail it better be sold here in the United States. ;) That way I can convince all my friends to buy it. Also about playing live - now that you have (or will have) a booking agent you really need to come to the States. I can direct the agent to the Pepsi Arena at the capital of New York(which is really where I'd like you guys to come :)) But yeah just a suggestion I really would love to help in trying to get you guys out here!!! And also someone mentioned backstage passes earlier. If you came over to the states I want Gordon's and Rob's approval that I would get one! ;) :) (But seriously....)

the ru

« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2006, 11:29:16 pm »
My immediate reaction was that you've sold out.

I completely understand the reasons that lead to this decision, though. If this is what you want, and you believe you can handle it, I can only congratulate you. :-*

But personally, I feel a great sadness over this whole thing. I've found that the songs I return to most often are the really old ones from "promo". I liked things the way they were, and regardless of what everyone says things won't be the same again. What about the rebellion? What about not joining the legion?

And what about creative control, if you can't even keep your website the way you want? Hiding the online releases away seems to me like turning your back on your roots; the community that has brought you this far.

Somehow I knew this was inevitable, though. I love your music, and I hope I'll be able to continue to enjoy it. It's just that Machinae has been one of the things that has given me strength in my many moments of weakness, and now you've been... bought. :'(

Offline XooX

• Im walking alone...
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2006, 11:30:39 pm »
Is it only me that finds it ironic that Spinefarm wanted to take away "I refuse to fail, to kneel or bow" lol
btw, gz MaSu, I hope this will be a new era for MaSu.
Spread your music! Spread your ideas! Spread out! and reach world domination!

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2006, 11:33:29 pm »
My immediate reaction was that you've sold out.

I completely understand the reasons that lead to this decision, though. If this is what you want, and you believe you can handle it, I can only congratulate you. :-*

But personally, I feel a great sadness over this whole thing. I've found that the songs I return to most often are the really old ones from "promo". I liked things the way they were, and regardless of what everyone says things won't be the same again. What about the rebellion? What about not joining the legion?

And what about creative control, if you can't even keep your website the way you want? Hiding the online releases away seems to me like turning your back on your roots; the community that has brought you this far.

Somehow I knew this was inevitable, though. I love your music, and I hope I'll be able to continue to enjoy it. It's just that Machinae has been one of the things that has given me strength in my many moments of weakness, and now you've been... bought. :'(

Maybe you should read this thread again? The website design was ours, not Spinefarms. What requirements they asked for you can find in an earlier post.

As for creative control, we got it. No one's gonna make us change the way we do things, and no one has. We evolve, sure, but our change is our own, and trust me when I say you'll never fail to recognize us, now or in the future.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2006, 11:36:26 pm »
I have to say, I'm quite positive about this.

I was a big fan of machinae putting up their music for free, but im not upset that this might stop. We've already been given more than enough to keep us happy. and to be honest i LIKE paying money for my favourite music. i LOVE having a shiny cd with art and stuff. The band has made it very clear that their musical direction wont suffer from this move, and i believe them, they've never lied to us in the past, why would they lie now?

OK, here's my question... You've made it clear that the music wont be changed, but what about the artwork? Am i correct in understanding that the REDEEMER artwork will be dealt with by the label? is this gonna happen in future releases? I'm a huge fan of your artwork rob, it makes the albums so nice and fuzzy *hugs redeemer underground edition* and i dont want future album artwork to be done by some randomer.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2006, 11:37:27 pm »
redeemer art work is by rob :)

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2006, 11:42:49 pm »
I have to say, I'm quite positive about this.

I was a big fan of machinae putting up their music for free, but im not upset that this might stop. We've already been given more than enough to keep us happy. and to be honest i LIKE paying money for my favourite music. i LOVE having a shiny cd with art and stuff. The band has made it very clear that their musical direction wont suffer from this move, and i believe them, they've never lied to us in the past, why would they lie now?

OK, here's my question... You've made it clear that the music wont be changed, but what about the artwork? Am i correct in understanding that the REDEEMER artwork will be dealt with by the label? is this gonna happen in future releases? I'm a huge fan of your artwork rob, it makes the albums so nice and fuzzy *hugs redeemer underground edition* and i dont want future album artwork to be done by some randomer.

The new artwork is still done by me, so no worries there... Spinefarm has told us it's their policy not to interfere with how their bands compile their albums or whatever, but they did suggest some graphics people if we wanted help, but in the end they mostly say "Ok, it's your call."

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Ratti

« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2006, 11:43:29 pm »
since everybody's in such a talkative mood today...

Is there a chance of finding out how many units of Redeemer have actually been sold to date?

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2006, 11:48:10 pm »
The new artwork is still done by me, so no worries there... Spinefarm has told us it's their policy not to interfere with how their bands compile their albums or whatever, but they did suggest some graphics people if we wanted help, but in the end they mostly say "Ok, it's your call."

woo, thank god for that. ok i'm happy now. carry on rocking!

(oh yeah, and if you ever let the label change your music... i'll set fire to you. but that probably wont happen, so... yeah).

;D

am i gonna be able to get some action with the ladeez now? i'll be all like "yeah, i knew about machinae before they were popular... want sex?"

yep... awesome...

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2006, 11:56:15 pm »
Woah I just noticed they took off Super Steve for Flagcarrier!!! :'( Super Steve is my favorite song on DXM (and pretty much out of every song). Plus with the remastered Redeemer songs it seems all you did was dampen the SID (Same goes for DXM v2).

I have a question though: Will this new deal interfere with that War Angels deal or any other future video game music deals?

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2006, 11:56:40 pm »

woo, thank god for that. ok i'm happy now. carry on rocking!

(oh yeah, and if you ever let the label change your music... i'll set fire to you. but that probably wont happen, so... yeah).

;D

am i gonna be able to get some action with the ladeez now? i'll be all like "yeah, i knew about machinae before they were popular... want sex?"

yep... awesome...

Sweet, I always knew Robert would get us all laid.... heh

Good to hear about the artwork. One day when Rob isn't busy I'm going to beg (fixed) him to design me a tattoo. Now that I have this trinity logo, I want another bad. But I want it to mean something and what better way than to get the artist of Machinae himself to do it? :P

The only thing I noticed was I don't see the trinity logo anywhere on the new artwork and not very much on the new site (It's the bullet for the news, hehe). That will remain the bands logo right? (Now that it's etched permanently on my flesh) Hehe. I haven't seen anything that would make me think otherwise, as obviously a logo doesnt need to be plastered onto EVERYTHING. Hehe.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 11:59:10 pm by Drakonis »

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2006, 11:58:12 pm »
Woah I just noticed they took off Super Steve for Flagcarrier!!! :'( Super Steve is my favorite song on DXM (and pretty much out of every song). Plus with the remastered Redeemer songs it seems all you did was dampen the SID (Same goes for DXM v2).

I have a question though: Will this new deal interfere with that War Angels deal or any other future video game music deals?

Excellent question, but 10 bucks says no. Hubnester appears to be intact and completely unchanged and I would imagine all video game related deals goes through THAT source. While many (most? All?) band members seem to be part of it, there are other people that are involved in that and it seems completely unrelated to Machinae in a technical or legal sense.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 12:03:12 am by Drakonis »

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2006, 12:06:31 am »
Ok... Empire, Kaori Stomp, Fury...

They were removed from the retail edition, which doesnt bother me cause i have them on the underground edition...

but what's gonna happen with the songs that inevitably get cut from the third album? are we gonna miss out on songs like Empire, Fury and Kaori Stomp in the future? That would not be good.