Author Topic: Machinae signed with spinefarm records  (Read 78174 times)

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
Re: Machinae signed with spinefarm records
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2006, 09:43:12 pm »
About the remaster of Redeemer... I seriously totally fucking love the new sound. It's a bit "sharper" on the ears, but other than that I think it sounds bigger, more aggressive and definitely more powerful than before...

Like i said, I'm only basing my current opinion on the site samples. But TTLG is completely ruined, i know that for fact. Still awaiting the full remaster of ghost and oki kuma, though. That'll be immense if it's like you say.

Are you sure your speakers arn't ruined? Hehe. TTLG sounds good to me from the sample.

Lysix

« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2006, 09:44:43 pm »
Are you sure your speakers arn't ruined? Hehe. TTLG sounds good to me from the sample.

Considering i bought a new 2.1 set the other day? Nah. It's just lost the "epicness" that the original has.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2006, 09:47:32 pm »

Considering i bought a new 2.1 set the other day? Nah. It's just lost the "epicness" that the original has.

I'm listening through pretty standard earphones at work, it sounds really clean to me. But I'll defenitely be listening at home on the 5.1, but I don't mind it at all from what I've heard.

Not knockin ya though, to each their own =-).

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2006, 09:47:46 pm »
I think it sounds cool.  8)

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Lysix

« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2006, 09:49:55 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the rest of the remaster will sound great. But when you've listened to the UE since it's release basicly every day or so, and you hear something new, it kinda makes me go "wtf? this isn't what i'm used to".
But as i've read theres few copies of the UE left for sale, we've all got us a piece of vintage methinks.

Smeagol

« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2006, 09:55:22 pm »
But as i've read theres few copies of the UE left for sale, we've all got us a piece of vintage methinks.

Much like DXM v1

Oh wait, two of our moderators lost their copies. MUST.RESIST.RUBBING.FACT.IN.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2006, 10:08:21 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the rest of the remaster will sound great. But when you've listened to the UE since it's release basicly every day or so, and you hear something new, it kinda makes me go "wtf? this isn't what i'm used to".

Much like DXM v1

Oh wait, two of our moderators lost their copies. MUST.RESIST.RUBBING.FACT.IN.

Yeah, I've listened to the UE almost non-stop since release as well. I get what you're saying for sure. I think the EU sounded great, but from what I've heard I think the retail will sound awesome too.

As per DXM v1.. I still have mine, unfortunately the disc was scratched kinda bad. I don't know HOW it happened, it makes me weep inside. Thankfully I've got it on my ipod, but its sad to see that scratch. Its even on the picture itself, which makes it worse.

Fortunately the paper material is all in perfect condition. :)

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2006, 10:10:34 pm »
I got a new laptop today and I had some trouble setting up our home network to make the aforementioned laptop connect to the internet. Then I had to add some of my bookmarks to Firefox on this laptop and when i typed machinaesupremacy.com and this new site came up I was like "omfgthislooksfrickinawesome!!!". The reanimator wallpaper in 1200x800 has also been set as my wallpaper.

Imo this is good news for the band and for most fans (including myself). It'll be much easier to spread the word if it's "an actual band" and not just "some underground stuff".

* StickyLizard awaits a gig in Aalborg, Denmark

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2006, 10:17:27 pm »
I'm really pleased for you guys, and look forward to some heavy drinking sessons with you ;) Having Redeemer in store is going to be amazing. I work in a Virgin Megastore, I'll try and flutter my eyelashes at someone and get it played in the store. This is a good thing indeed. I don't care how popular Machinae gets, the songs have a positive active message that everyone needs to hear. I don't want this to end up like the Coheed and Cambria forum where you have the "real" fans bitching at the "new" fans in every thread.

So yeah, stand up for your music, stand up for the Sid and stand up for the message you're spreading. Much fucking love to you :-*

Offline Ausp

• Gentlemen... it's a nuclear device.
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2006, 10:20:27 pm »
I don't want this to end up like the Coheed and Cambria forum where you have the "real" fans bitching at the "new" fans in every thread.

As a new fan, I can confidently say this doesn't happen here. \o/
(i) There will come a day when nothing you did matters. But it is not today. Here and now, you are alive.
(ii) Live well under your own authority.
(iii) Abolishing suffering is impossible. Lessening suffering is mandatory.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2006, 10:25:44 pm »
if that kinda thing happens i bet the mods will do somethng about it :)

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2006, 10:26:55 pm »
Yes! This is awesome news, especially now that it will be so much easier to spread the Machinae love ^_^. I havent heard anything bad about Spinefarm, but I dont either look that hard for it either. Awesome news.

Just remember to do as your heart tells and your fans(atleast me) will follow. Good luck, congratulations and I hope to see you having gigs. You guys are awesome and you make awesome music, I'm looking forward to seeing you play live somewhere, where ever it may be. I got to say that I'm damn proud of being part of the fanbase, being part of the community and being part of all this. And I'm damn happy to know that one day I can say in a music store/somewhere that I were a fan back in the days when MaSu werent (really well) known.

* Asor congratulates each and every band member, fan and random forum sicko :P
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 10:33:11 pm by Asor »
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?

Offline Omega Target

• Last thing you'll ever see is me
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2006, 10:27:33 pm »
As long as they don't get rid of Oki Kuma's Adventure then its good. Don't let them bitch you around  ;)

The new fans? Well there wont be a flood of them... Untill Redeemer hits the shelves... 8)

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2006, 10:32:39 pm »
As long as they don't get rid of Oki Kuma's Adventure then its good. Don't let them bitch you around  ;)

The new fans? Well there wont be a flood of them... Untill Redeemer hits the shelves... 8)

The more the merrier I say. With the recent remodeling of the forums we've got plenty of room =)

Offline Goshawk

• England damnit.
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2006, 10:42:37 pm »
Looks awesome, and thoroughly looking forward to the remastered album. Only thing is the blue scroll bars really look out of place and it's very slow atm.