Author Topic: Machinae signed with spinefarm records  (Read 66015 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re: Machinae signed with spinefarm records
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2006, 08:13:43 pm »
I didnt ask him to drop his opinion, i asked him to stop arguing.
and what's the difference?

Dropping his opinion: personally changing his mind about everything and accepting the changes

Stopping arguing: shutting the hell up.

ps-thanks for killing the quote pyramid :)

Offline Drain

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2006, 08:16:44 pm »
Congratulations Rob and the rest of MaSu :) Great news to wake up to at 18:00. As for people who doubt MaSus intentions, given their history how can you? MaSu will always be about sticking to their principles. I dont think this is about the money. I remember this summer at hultsfred when MaSu had won the vote on their official site for wanted bands. I was ofc hoping to see them live at Hultsfred but they didnt get a chance to play. The reason for this as Rob later told me was that they didnt have a record lable supporting them. This will propebly not be the case next summer ;)

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2006, 08:19:23 pm »
Dropping his opinion: personally changing his mind about everything and accepting the changes

Stopping arguing: shutting the hell up.
But at least for us forumers, the result would be the same  :P

well, whatever. I think this is pointless and so I'm going to have a nice cup of STFU... at least concerning this topic.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2006, 08:19:46 pm »
Okay, I stand firm that this r0x my s0x. Got a few questions to ask y'all:

Question #1: What's this mean for the legendary third album? I know it's too early to say if their will be two editions, like with Redeemer, but what kind of release are we looking for it? Any talks of some marketing on this baby? :)

Question #2: Are the future releases (Third album, Redeemer Retail etc) going to be available on the MaSu Online Store? I know you said all purchases from there still directly support the band. IF the new label-backed albums are going to be available on the store, would their purchase go directly to you still (or at least moreso than my purchase at a local store)?

Question #3: How mass-spread is the Redeemer Retail edition going to be? In other words, will I see them in-store in the states here?

Again, congratulations guys. This is cause for celebration. =)

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2006, 08:21:08 pm »
Congratulations Rob and the rest of MaSu :) Great news to wake up to at 18:00. As for people who doubt MaSus intentions, given their history how can you? MaSu will always be about sticking to their principles. I dont think this is about the money. I remember this summer at hultsfred when MaSu had won the vote on their official site for wanted bands. I was ofc hoping to see them live at Hultsfred but they didnt get a chance to play. The reason for this as Rob later told me was that they didnt have a record lable supporting them. This will propebly not be the case next summer ;)

This is true... We got turned down because we didn't have a label. I was at Hultsfred, and I saw the band who came 2nd... H.I.M. ... They were actually quite good live. :)

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline potatismos

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2006, 08:25:57 pm »
didnt notice masu's label signin until just now congrats.

and to all you whining about: ""OMG thats like a major label now machinae supremacy wont be machinae no more they have sold themselves."" fuck you. this is a chance for masu to spread their msic and to get a wider fanbase and think of everyone that will discover masu now. selfish bastards.
I belive 100% in masu and their work and I know that they would never give up their fans, we're after all the ones who made this whole spinefarm masu thingy happen.

Looking forward to your new material and tours, keep it up 8)

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2006, 08:28:34 pm »
Question #1: What's this mean for the legendary third album? I know it's too early to say if their will be two editions, like with Redeemer, but what kind of release are we looking for it? Any talks of some marketing on this baby? :)

- If Spinefarm doesn't burn to the ground due to angry Machinae fans upset about this deal, it'll mean that it will be released like "real" albums are, in the stores, with promotion, yadayada, the works... We've not discussed marketing, budget or anything on this one yet (since we're currently pretty busy with the current one). Although, you should know, that according to what I hear, versions in Japan pretty much always contain a bonus track compared to the European and USA versions, so more than one version might exist anyway... And that means there might even be a third version of Redeemer, for the Japanese populace.

Question #2: Are the future releases (Third album, Redeemer Retail etc) going to be available on the MaSu Online Store? I know you said all purchases from there still directly support the band. IF the new label-backed albums are going to be available on the store, would their purchase go directly to you still (or at least moreso than my purchase at a local store)?

- We plan to sell the albums there, although the shop will now have to buy them from Spinefarm for the same price other stores buy them. But that's transparent as far as the fans are concerned. But yes, purchases from the shop gives more to the band than store sales.

Question #3: How mass-spread is the Redeemer Retail edition going to be? In other words, will I see them in-store in the states here?

- Europe is guaranteed, USA is very likely, and Japan is too early to tell. Even if there's no licensing of the album in the USA (which means another record label there prints and distributes the album) it should still be available through import... I don't actually know these things, but this is what I've been able to discern from talks with our label manager, etc...

Again, congratulations guys. This is cause for celebration. =)

- Agreed... Thanks, Drak.

---

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2006, 08:43:01 pm »
Congratulations guys, this is fantastic news!

You've gone to great lengths to justify your decision, I've gone back and made sure I've read all of it. I think you've done this for the right reasons and you think you can handle the corperate machine. Having said that, if you ever desire to come back to the old days- doing it all yourself through the website, you'd have our full support. You've hit a glass wall, as you say, but the world is changing. Digital distribution and awareness through the internet is still very much in it's infancy, and even though there's only so far you can take your career through the web alone, it's still a million lightyears from where the music industry was five years ago. If all this can happen in the five, six years you've been around, I can't begin to imagine what will happen in the next ten. By the time you've made it big and you've done all you've ever wanted, it'll still be waiting here for you if you ever wanted to push the boundaries of what was possible again, and I can't think of any band more suitable or deserving than you guys.

I genuinely believe that you have what it takes to hit the big time. You've got a good message and a great vibe that I know others will tune into loud and clear. When you play your first gig in the UK, I'll be there with as many of the forumers as possible with a bloody great big sign to make sure you see us (so you'd better get us behind the barrier and into the VIP bar, no excuses :P). You've always got our support and our love, and we'll be there all the way 'till the end.

Please just promise me one thing- please don't let the forums slip into another n00bfest that other band's official websites and forums are- your continued involvement and friendship is what has made the community and the band stand out from all the rest. You genuniely care about what we think and you're not affraid to show it.

Good luck, stick to your guns and don't ever compromise on the music you hear in your heart.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2006, 08:43:41 pm »
Oh, spontanious thought just rammed itself into my noggin... We may actually get a Machinae Supremacy video now. Seems alot more possible now than it did two hours ago. :)

Hurrah

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2006, 08:47:21 pm »
Congratulations guys, this is fantastic news!

You've gone to great lengths to justify your decision, I've gone back and made sure I've read all of it. I think you've done this for the right reasons and you think you can handle the corperate machine. Having said that, if you ever desire to come back to the old days- doing it all yourself through the website, you'd have our full support. You've hit a glass wall, as you say, but the world is changing. Digital distribution and awareness through the internet is still very much in it's infancy, and even though there's only so far you can take your career through the web alone, it's still a million lightyears from where the music industry was five years ago. If all this can happen in the five, six years you've been around, I can't begin to imagine what will happen in the next ten. By the time you've made it big and you've done all you've ever wanted, it'll still be waiting here for you if you ever wanted to push the boundaries of what was possible again, and I can't think of any band more suitable or deserving than you guys.

I genuinely believe that you have what it takes to hit the big time. You've got a good message and a great vibe that I know others will tune into loud and clear. When you play your first gig in the UK, I'll be there with as many of the forumers as possible with a bloody great big sign to make sure you see us (so you'd better get us behind the barrier and into the VIP bar, no excuses :P). You've always got our support and our love, and we'll be there all the way 'till the end.

Please just promise me one thing- please don't let the forums slip into another n00bfest that other band's official websites and forums are- your continued involvement and friendship is what has made the community and the band stand out from all the rest. You genuniely care about what we think and you're not affraid to show it.

Good luck, stick to your guns and don't ever compromise on the music you hear in your heart.

Thank you! And about that n00bfest... That's what the moderators are for... If I know Gaijin and the guys, they won't sit idly by while morons make this place uninhabitable. Also, since this forum is already so big with sweet old underground-fans, the n00bs won't be in majority anytime soon... ;)

---

Smeagol

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2006, 08:54:13 pm »
When you play your first gig in the UK, I'll be there with as many of the forumers as possible with a bloody great big sign to make sure you see us (so you'd better get us behind the barrier and into the VIP bar, no excuses :P). You've always got our support and our love, and we'll be there all the way 'till the end.

QFT! I cannot stress this enough, I will do all that I can to see the band live if they ever play in the UK.

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2006, 08:59:27 pm »
If we get a booking agent, you can bet on it.

And I've been told SF are already working on that. And when I shake your hand after the gig, Findil, you must admit we did the right thing here. :)

---

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2006, 09:00:13 pm »
When you play your first gig in the UK, I'll be there with as many of the forumers as possible with a bloody great big sign to make sure you see us (so you'd better get us behind the barrier and into the VIP bar, no excuses :P). You've always got our support and our love, and we'll be there all the way 'till the end.

QFT! I cannot stress this enough, I will do all that I can to see the band live if they ever play in the UK.

Oh cmon now, back stage passes are a must =)

Oh, and I think the new super-masu site desperately needs a section for Machinae fan tattoo pictures. (*cough cough, cause some of us are just that cool *cough cough*).

Hehe anyway, I like the new downloadable stuff though. I think the website is looking really good so far and I defenitely love the new content. I now have a new Machinae wallpaper, wee! I already got a comment on it (since I'm at work) of someone asking me who it was. I then got to explain this whole story, that was fun =)

Smeagol

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2006, 09:10:58 pm »
If we get a booking agent, you can bet on it.

And I've been told SF are already working on that. And when I shake your hand after the gig, Findil, you must admit we did the right thing here. :)

As long as you keep a similiar style, and don't become like an In Flames clone or something stupid, then, yeah, I'll guess I'll have to admit that. :)

Offline Maskedmarine

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2006, 09:15:26 pm »
I'll crowdsurf some way or another.